Yves Saint Laurent Fond de Teint Pinceau Eclat

No Image

4.3

on 9/26/2008 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I remember having this 1 or 2 years ago. I am a foundation junkie, this is why I always want to try something new,hoping for finding the best foundation ever. But sometimes, well, it doesn't happen.
I really loved this foundation, the idea of introducing the brush is so unique and let me tell you that I do not agree with the girl above me who said that this is not hygienic at all. Well, as well as you wash your hands or your special foundation brush/sponge before applying this super foundation, you should also clean this one after each use. Clinique and MAC have these special cleansers. The texture is also extraordinary. This is very creamy and soft and it does what it promises: convert your skin into a baby's one. Another special thing is that this doesn't cause breakouts - at least it did not on my super acne prone & sensitive skin this is why I so love this one.
So, girls out there who don't really know if buying or not buying this foundation, I suggest you do! This is my TOP 3 foundation and let me tel you that I am very selective and capricious. If you ever had a brush or a sponge for the foundation and used this, you'll be very comfortable with this "incorporated" brush too. This is not a big deal, so don't get to scary about it. :-)

on 4/6/2007 3:58:00 PM

I love this foundation! It was my first attempt at a liquid foundation, and I was pleasantly surprised by the smooth, light finish. It is easy to use, has a great scent, and makes my skin look flawless. At first, I was concerned about the application because using the brush attached to the end of the tube was very different than I was used to. But after a few days, it became very quick and comfortable. I find that it lasts all day. Great find...a definite recommendation!!

My boyfriend bought me this while on holiday in rome, when i thought my rmk creamy fdtn looked a bit thick for days and 'obvious'. The lightest shade there was #7, a beige-y tone that matched my nc25 ok, although not great (i have lightly yellow undertones and this didnt have enough yellow in) but nonetheless wasnt a bad match. Anything above #7 was way too dark. First thing i noticed was the gorgeous smell- to me its JUST like fresh FRESH watermelon!!mmmm!!The brush, isnt as bad as others make out imo, its not great, buts its not *TERRIBLE*. I apply this carefully and minimally (i hate the cakey thick obvious m/u look!) and it sets to a soft matte finish, without being cakey or powdery and gives a meduim finish and covers any redness. And this is the best bit- it stays put!!no wearing off with this fdtn- its great! Also, another thing thats really important (i took lots of pics in rome!) is it makes my skin look flawless in pics!!I have combo skin, with dry areas now its winter and as long as u use a good moisturiser this fdtn will not emphasise any dry bits. Im not sure if id re-purchase, i think i would, but id try another shade. We paid 33 euros but this was with a 15% discount in a rome dept. store