4.1

price range

Reviews

2.0

5 years ago

The quality of these eyeshadows is excellent...but the colors are so poorly coordinated that I find them unwearable. I've encountered dozens of homages across YouTube and blogs about these eyeshadows, so I decided to give this trio a try. Covergirl trios have been a hit for me. At first swatch, I was very impressed with the pigmentation and the satin finish. I thought that the colors would be versatile for daily wear. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case here. The colors were very pigmented when applied and true to their colors, but my biggest problem was actually the colors. The orangey-brown and orangey-gold looked so fake and made my skin look so washed out! It feels like I used some fake bronzer as eyeshadow. The shimmer doesn't help that look at all; it simply looks cheap. Also, what bothered me more was the fact that the lid and crease shades are exactly the same deepness. Neither of them is lighter than the other; it basically looks like I have one color slathered across my lids. I had to bring in a black shade to give definition, because I got zero depth with this trio! The quality of this trio, however, is great; it's not chalky, it's easy to apply and to blend, and it lasts all day, without creasing, with a primer. That doesn't outweigh how unflattering it looks on me, though. The packaging is pretty cheap and I've broken the lid off by just dropping it...not cool. Pricewise, it's affordable; $6 or $7 should be enough for one of these. I like the Covergirl trios line generally; Café au Lait and Smoke Alarm are much better, in my opinion, so I'd buy again from this line. Just...this trio didn't do it for me. Sorry (not sorry) to jump off the bandwagon.

About reviewer (324 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

7 years ago

This was one of my most used palettes, but then I stopped using it so much because I had too many other eye shadows. I have recently rediscovered this trio and fell in love because it has 3 dupes of some of my favorite Urban Decay shadows: X, Baked, and Chopper. Wonderful.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

HairRed

8 years ago

One of the greatest eye shadows I've ever had! What I found was great for green eyes is using all three colors, yellow for base, orange for about 2/3 of your eyelid, and brown for the crease. Also by using a plum colored eyeliner makes for greatttt eyes!!! p.s: I was so against anything other than black eyeliner, but plum really does wonders for green eyes :)

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

from

8 years ago

Despite being told by "experts" that shadows in the brown family aren't flattering on brown eyes I just couldn't help but love these beautiful shimmering shades. The colors are actually great and are wonderful for a natural look. Going from light to dark from corner to the outside of my eye and then the lightest shade around the bottom lid makes my eyes look big and glowy. Perfect for any time of the year, I think, but probably best during summer.

About reviewer (95 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

from

8 years ago

Really like this, I picked this up because I'm really into golden shades and I find most brown shadows look muddy on me. Anyway I don't find them to crease on me at all, but thats probably because I use a eye primer. There is fallout that bothers me but I just clean up after eye shadow application and it looks great throughout the day with no problems. I find that the darkest shade isn't as pigmented as in looks in the pan, or it is to close in colour with the middle shadow, who knows but I definitely recommend this product!

About reviewer (51 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

9 years ago

For some reason, the middle color (orange) was super chalky in my palette. The only color I really used was the 1st one, which looks really nice for a natural, everyday look Will not repurchase.

About reviewer (732 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

A couple years ago I bought a CG 4 pan kit called Coffee Shop and fell in love with the gold shade. The pigment was great for a drugstore e/s and looked wonderful over whatever e/s I layered it over. Because of this I kept it in the back of my mind that CG had improved the quality of their eye shadows and to pay attention for sales in case I found some colors I'd want to use. Recently I found the 3 pan Golden Sunset at half off and was hopeful that the Golden Sunrise and First Light shades would be as great as the gold shade in Coffee Shop. As a cream shade e/s junkie I'm in love with the First Light shade as it perks my lids up nicely and works great as a brow bone highlight. I can say that they aren't as rich as the gold shade e/s in Coffee Shop but they are close. They keep their color and build well and they aren't glittery, which is great for me, but they have a nice subtle shimmer that can be seen easily so you don't need to pack much on to get a nice color/shimmer payoff. IMO these shadows work well and would go in the "ye olde reliable standby" category. The case it comes in is made of the flimsiest plastic and I'm afraid that if I were to ever drop it the whole thing would fall apart. That is ok though cause I bought the kit for the shadows and not the case and as someone said below I'd rather pay a low price and get good eye shadows than pay for gorgeous packaging and bad quality shadows. I'll definitely be buying more CG shadows in the future if CG keeps this up.

About reviewer (647 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

9 years ago

It doesn't last very long on me, and it creases a lot. I bought it because I loved the colors in the pan, but I don't think they are very pigmented.

About reviewer (205 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

9 years ago

A very pretty trio! The gold color is very pretty as a highlight shade, the medium color is great as an all over lid color. But the dark color...ehhh...it has a lot of red tones in it, which is unlike the other 2 because they had gold tones in it. Therefore, use the darkest shade sparingly, otherwise it'll make you look sick. Otherwise, a great trio. Perfect for the summer!

About reviewer (396 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

EyesGreen

9 years ago

I love lightest shade for the inside corner of my eyes. The medium shade is nice in the summer if you are in a rush and just want a quick all over lid color. But the darkest shade in my opinion is really ugly. I have tried it in the summer when Im tan and in the winter when Im fair and I find it to be very unflattering no matter what my skin tone.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

Age25-29