Ardell Brow Perfection Stencils

Ardell Brow Perfection Stencils
Brow Perfection Stencils

3.8

on 2/8/2017 2:32:00 PM

These are absolutely amazing. I bought these 3-4 years ago when brows were first becoming a thing and I needed help with doing a shape instead of free handing and doing that weird rounded shape. I paid around $5 for them at Sally. I like the more square shape in the front, so I use the stencil labeled "glamorous". My natural brows are not equal in shape and only one is more square so these help give me the shape I want and to make them both similar. I still have the same set I bought years ago and still only use the glamorous stencil. I personally don't mind having more shapes, though, because I can use them for someone else if needed or maybe one day I'll want a different look. These are totally worth it imo, especially since they've held up so long. I think it takes a second to get the right hold on them but once you do, it's like nothing. I've only ever used these with powder. Also, the cardboard envelope they come in is different now, it used to be purple and white. This didn't hold up as long so I ended up transferring them into a little ziploc bag. Love.

on 5/26/2013 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is fantastic idea. Makeup by Tiffany had done a you tube tutorial on brow stencils and me being lousy at drawing in my brows, decided I had to have these. This is a really nice set of stencils and the directions were easy to understand and I had no trouble at all using these except for wishing I had a third hand to hold the stencil at both ends while applying the brow powder. This comes with 4 different styles and I had fun trying them all out. I really wanted to love these stencils, but I must have a small face as I looked like I had caterpillars for eyebrows when I used these! These gave me the Frida Kahlo look. Well, I wanted brows.They are much too large for my eyes and and I learned after a while to use only half the width and not the the length either. This did give me a better guideline on how to draw in my own brows now and I don't even use these any more. I think if they had fit my actual brow better I would have loved this. It's too bad these aren't in different sizes as one size clearly does not fit all!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I wanted to try these because my brows have no shape. I put it over my brow, but my brow and stencil didn't line up right! Sometimes I wish I had thicker brows that spread out, then again I don't have to clean them up that often! I give it 2 lippies because it's not a bad product, just better for people with extended, full brows.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love these stencils! I use them two ways. First, I fill in my brows with these very dark, then pluck outside the lines and I get a perfect shape. Then, I can use them to fill in my brows on a daily basis. I have received countless compliments since I started using this product!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I initially tried these years ago and they were enormous and didn't work for me. Recently, I was looking for something similar and ended up spending ridiculous money on the Anastasia stencils and returned them because they were so awful I don't know where to begin. Thought I'd give the Ardell another shot a decade later lol after reading the reviews on here and was pleasantly surprised. They've clearly improved them. They are smaller and have a variety of shapes.. um..oh yeah and they're only like $5 !!! Compared to Anastasia's ginormous $25 ones that come in one awful "C" shape (incidentally, the word "Clown" starts with the letter C.. coincidence?), only in different thickness.

I absolutely love these stencils, but I could see how someone might get frustrated using these incorrectly. I bought them because my eyebrows are shaped differently, one has an arch that is slightly more round, the other more arched and the left is slightly higher than the right. You can't really tell by looking at me, but I noticed how my face was a little 'off' in photographs, and finally pinpointed the problem: eyebrows!
I have a whole method for these!
I start out with a good trim. All the plucking in the world will lead to messy brows if the hairs are the wrong length. I comb all the hairs up towards my hairline, and holding them up with one finger, I snip about 2-3 millimeters off the stragglers, all the way across on every part of the brow. Next, I comb all the hairs down ward and do the same thing. The result is a set of eyebrows with rather tame hair lengths. Over trimming will lead to patchiness- the trick is to do this often, every week or two, the maintenance is well worth it. Step two: I find the stencil where the arch matches mine the best. That means the majority of my hair will fall inside the stencil when I lay it over the brow- don't pick a stencil that looks nice but is far from reality! Mine happened to be 'Elegant'. I took a sharpened white eye liner, and shaded the entire open area directly onto my eyebrow. To get nice clean edges, I made sure to draw from the edge of the stencil inwards into the hairs. At this point, it helps to have a friend check to make sure that both the brows are level and spaced equally apart from your nose. Then finally, plucking! I plucked all the hairs that weren't covered completely in white. Hairs that were semi covered- most of the follicle, just the ends sticking out- I took the small scissors and trimmed off the uncolored part. It sounds awfully complicated, but it's not once you get the hang of it. I'm now pleased to say that with these stencils, a pair of nice tweezers and small scissors, I now have very even, nice eyebrows that I only have to set with wax in the morning.
Oh- another plus! These stencils are plastic, they clean easily- just wipe them down with makeup remover. Some of the other ones are cardboard and get soggy when wet/stain.

I bought these to help to groom/shape my brows. I struggled with these for quite a while and then just gave up. First, the stencils are quite thin and have sharp arches, not very natural looking. I have very 'wierd' brows, they just grow downwards, which make it impossible to groom myself. I guess this would be good for people that have 'nicer' brows. I just put these up for swap now and leave my brows to the professionals.

on 12/3/2007 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'd never used brow stencils before but I just can't seem to shape my brows on my own anymore so I got Anastasia Brow Express. Bad mistake so I gave that away and found these stencils at CVS. I only use the Delicate stencil because it's the perfect shape for my face and is the closest match for my natural brow shape. The other ones weren't so flattering and I'm sure I tossed them. This is one of those YMMV products. I only use the stencil to shape my brows when they need shaping and I fill them in freehand after that. Works fabulously and I just eyeball it, meaning that I place the stencil over my brows so I can see where the stray hairs are, take the stencil off and pluck the hair. Repeat until I get the desired shape. It takes a little more time but it works for me.

on 10/25/2006 11:53:00 PM

I like these, but there could be some improvements. I would like them to be stick-on in some way, because it's hard to hold these against your forehead whilst filling in your brows with powder. They are also too long--there's too much random material beneath the stencil itself, which will cover your eyes. This is easily remedied by cutting them, but it's still annoying. But they're pretty good for how cheap they are. You get four stencils: Classic, Glamorous, Delicate and Elegant. My particular favorite is Delicate as it seems to fit the preexisting shape of my brows the best.

Popular Brows Products