Marc Anthony Thickening Shampoo

Marc Anthony Thickening Shampoo

3.8

on 5/2/2016 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Makes my scalp flaky and oily more often than it should. The shampoo is sometimes so thick that I need to rinse my hair repeatedly as it can remain in the ends of my layers. Overall though, it gives lots of volume.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Smells good, lathers good... Also weighs down my fine hair like crazy, AND has made my scalp flaky again!!! I usually wash my hair every 2 to 3 days, but I'm already looking forward to getting it away from my face and stuffing it into a bun a couple of hours into "clean hair day"- it doesn't feel this blah and flat on dirty day 3 usually! Pass. If I had paid full-price ($15?? Are you kidding me??), I'd be extra annoyed, but it was on sale at SDM for $5. That's about all it's worth.

To Read all 9 Reviews, Login or Join

Love this shampoo! I've been using it for a year now and my hair has never been better. The shampoo is sulfate-free, thickens the hair and provides more volume than any volumising shampoo I've ever used. My hair is fine and slightly dry but this shampoo has helped to fill it in and lift my hair shaft. It's not extremely moisturising but it doesn't cause my hair to dry out either, I just make sure I use a conditioner after shampooing. I'm not using the conditioner in the same range as I don't find it moisturising enough, Pantene Full and Soft is my preference - keeps the volume and moisturises just enough. Affordable shampoo and delivers great results!

on 5/10/2014 12:33:00 PM

I've got thin, wavy hair that desperately needs a boost. This stuff is shockingly good. I used to use it in high school to get thicker, sexy hair. My hair became damaged and I started using only extremely hydrating stuff. Since then I've chopped off all of the damaged stuff and have shoulder length hair that's healthy as can be and I don't need to use the fancy damage repair stuff. So I picked up this little gem again and wow. I remembered it working before, but it's even better than I remember it! Smells amazing; a very clean smell of orange/citrus/floral. My hair hasn't smelled this good in a long time! If you've only been using moisturizing shampoos like I have, this stuff can be hard to get used to. I wouldn't exactly call it drying, but I do recommend using more conditioner than you usually would after using this. OH and it's sulfate free to boot! Give this stuff a try if this appeals to you. Lovely.

on 1/29/2013 9:49:00 AM

I thought it was a great shampoo, but after about two weeks of using it every second or third day, I noticed a lot of buildup in my hair.. It would seem greasy after only a day of washing it and the conditioner didn't seem to wash out very well. However, it did give my hair nice volume and shine. :)

This shampoo surprisingly does work for thickening hair. I have a lot of body to my hair as it is, but it's not very thick. This shampoo made my hair feel much fuller and softer. It's definitely good if someone wants to add more body to their hair, too. I really like this shampoo, I'd buy it again.

on 2/7/2009 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is useless. I don't notice that much of a difference when I blowdry, but when I don't blowdry, there is DEFINITELY no difference. just flat limp hair like always.

on 4/29/2007 1:02:00 PM

This is the only shampoo I`ll ever buy from now on.
The only one that lives up to the claims of actually thickening hair.
It lathers great,washes out great and gives the volume and body I`ve been searching for.

on 10/25/2006 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have tried low end & high end salon shampoos and haven't found any shampoo that works as good as this one for thickening fine hair. It is great. My hair has never had this much volume. I used it along with the thickening cream and the combo was magnificent. I highly recommend this product.

Popular Shampoos