Dior Gloss Show Alessandra Mauve

No Image

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I tried this on at a counter yesterday, and wore it home. So this is based on that.

This comes in a pot, so you have to stick your finger in there or use a brush. The pot, if I remember correctly, is plastic. It doesn't look like a high end product. It was a bit disappointing. This is a very gritty product. It has a little bit of a cool pink shimmer, and then it's all frost, thick chunky frost. More than I've seen before in any lip product. You put it on and in a couple of minutes it's dry, and the frost is so much it catches the light amazingly. However, it was very uncomfortable as time passes. When I talked, I felt my lips w/ a thick sandy texture, and I noticed the frost travels to the inside rims of my lips, creating a sort of..white line. Which is not pretty.

At first, I wanted to go back and get it, but I'm not spending money on something that, even though it looks pretty at first, makes my lips feel that bad. I'm might swap for it, but no money goes to that.

on 9/21/2007 9:21:00 AM

When applied in a thin layer, this gloss gives lip a pretty pink tint flecked with shimmer. Stunning, eye-catching finish. Comes in a gorgeous pot. Wears very well on the lips, and can be layered over a lipstick, or before a sheerer, clear gloss as a "base coat".

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This a beautiful silvery pink coloured gloss. This doesn't have incredible lasting power but I don't expect too much from a gloss. This goes on fairly sheer with an incredible amount of shimmer. It gets a bit gritty as it wears off, but the glitter in it lasts pretty much all day. It does come in a pot which can cause some issues but its such a pretty colour I can overlook this things. I have already repurchased!

on 10/24/2006 10:41:00 PM

I was really wanting to try this gloss but the color I wanted to try was out and so I took a chance on this one. I was worried because it is a lot of money for a gloss. I am so glad that I did. It is a pinky purple kinda of color with lot's of sparkle. The color pay off is good by it's self. It looks fantastic for night time alone or paired up with a lipstick. The sparkle really makes your lips stand out and shine. It doesn't look cheesy or like the sparkle lip glosses back in grade school. At a night club I actually had girls coming up to me asking me where I got this lip gloss. It is a definte must try!!!

Popular Lip Glosses