Healthy Hoof

Healthy Hoof

4.6

Deionized Water, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Soybean Oil, Lanolin, Hydrogenated Cotton Seed Glyceride, Bees Wax, Polysorbate 20, Aloe Vera, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Rosemary Oil, Dimethicone, Lavender Oil, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Hydrolyzed Protein, Allantoin, Castor Oil, Tetrasodium EDTA, FD#C Yellow #5, FD&C Yellow #6.

on 10/30/2016 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought this at the drugstore on a whim. I have a habit of buying cosmetics that are novel to me. It is an average product. I wasn't wowed nor did I think it was completely useless. It provided some moisture but wasn't emollient enough for my hands. I tend to think ointments work the best for hands and this is just too light, especially during harsh, Midwest winters. I didn't particularly care for the smell.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love using this with cuticle cream. Reviews brought me here. If you have read my other reviews, you would see I always struggle with my cuticles and get a lot of mani/pedis. This is a protein treatment that works well at reducing redness and fixing cuticles that give your feet/fingers the cut up look.

on 3/9/2016 11:46:00 PM

Amazingly moisturizing, I especially love it in the winter.
For everyone who is upset over this product being tested on animals, this is a smaller package of the formula originally used on animals. Is it really a problem to test a product for animals on the animals its for?

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have tried different products and this one really helps make my cuticles look really nice. The creamy formula is great since a little goes a long way! I have had this product for 6 months and I'm not even close to halfway done. In conclusion, if you want healthy and soft cuticles this product is the one for you! :)

on 4/6/2015 5:59:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This product didn't work for me as a cuticle softener (I realize it is also used as a nail strengthener however since I started using Nailtiques formula 2 at the same time, I can't really speak to it being used to strengthen nails). As a cuticle/skin softener, it is not terrible but it really did very little to soften them and I don't have very dry skin or cuticles. I'm not a big oil fan but I randomly dotted some olive oil on my cuticles and it worked sooo much better than this and it's cheaper, natural, smells better and isn't tested on animals. I had a cream that was amazing but it's not cruelty free so looking for alternatives but haven't found one yet. Happy to receive recommendations for any animal friendly cuticle softening/removing products :)

on 8/7/2014 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have nails that peel. I can only wear polish every two weeks or so, and give a long rest between applications or else my nails will peel so badly I'll have to give them a polish break for 6 weeks or so. I have tried EVERYTHING!! Most strengthening treatments actually make my nails peel worse. OPI's Nail Envy makes them peel, even the Sensitive & Peeling version. WTH?! This is the ONLY thing that has been able to provide a little strength to my nails. It reduces the peeling. It is HG for me! I also take a silica supplement, which helps tremendously (tried biotin, had no effect at all).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I normally use Hard As Hoof but I bought this because of the reviews online. It does exactly the same thing as HAH except the scent is different (I prefer HAH but honestly it means nothing for the wonderful effects both products bring). This products moisturizes your nails and cuticles very well which helps them be strong and grow long. This product can be found for only a few $ at Sally Beauty Supply stores across Canada and the US.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this product 2 days ago and paid a whopping $20 from Ella Bache here in Aus as i was desperate and couldn't wait for it to arrive from the states using ebay.I struggled to find this product even when i was in the USA so if anybody can tell me where i can purchase as i'm heading back to Vegas in july.I am constantly washing my hands and i work with coal samples in a laboratory which is very damaging on my cuticles.After just 2 days my cuticles appear more moisturised and feel softer.My cuticles are so dry .I've been applying before i hop into bed and also on my toes and a little on my heels.A little goes a long way.After reading all the reviews I decided i'd just pay the $20 and see what all the fuss is about.So far so good.I will try to keep the daily routine up until i'm satisfied with them.Would re purchase- maybe not at Ella Bache !

on 1/30/2014 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Well, I have tried EVERYTHING !
Basic oils which used to work when I was a teenager on flaking nails, then various nail hardeners (Sally Hansen and OPI) and wierd stuff (Mavala with formaldehyde !) and even some expensive vitamin supplements aimed at nail health, BUT, this little tub of cream beats them all hands (pardon the pun) down.
Hard to get in the UK, so ordered from Amazon, but finally my poor menopausal nails which have constantly flaked and broken for over 2 years are getting back to normal.
I will definately repurchase even if I have to crawl over broken glass to do so !

on 11/19/2013 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I have been using this for a couple of years now. I can't really say with certainty that this product has made my nails strong because my nails are almost always painted, but it does keep my cuticles soft. I especially like using it in the winter- i feel that it does a better job of keeping my cuticles softer than using cuticle oil alone.

Popular Treatments