Make Up For Ever Sens Eyes

Make Up For Ever Sens Eyes
Sens EyesSens EyesSens Eyes

Aqua (Water), Isododecane, Methylpropanediol, Acrylates Copolymer, Ageratum Conyzoides (Ageratum Conyzoides Leaf Extract), Butylene Glycol, Butylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Glycerin, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton Seed Extract), Isobutylparaben, Mel Extract (Honey Extract), Sodium Methylparaben, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Propylparaben, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sorbic Acid, Tromethamine, CI 42090 (Blue 1).

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

For everyone this may be an amazing makeup remover. It removes and cleans the eye area well and doesn't leave it greasy.. however,

I have sensitive eyes and I wear makeup everyday for work. I saw this at sephora and saw it said sensitive eye makeup remover so I grabbed it. When I used it with my cotton pad and wiped my eyes, it burnt a little on my eye lids like it was rough. But why I have it 1 star was because when I got this in my eye, even a little bit it would sting so so bad, worse than other makeup removers and since it is near the eye area sometimes it does seep into the eyes. It just hurts to use this, if I rub it a bit more than twice it will sting my eyelid and god forbid you sensitive eyes to ever get it in your eye.

NOT FOR SENSITIVE EYES

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

While waiting in the check-out line at Sephora, I spotted a mini of this in the display area (near the check-out, of course! lol) which has mini's of various beauty items. Bought this, and after using it once, regretted the purchase.

It didn't remove eye makeup well. I had to swipe vigorously on my lashes to remove mascara. The only eye makeup this removed without tugging and having to swipe vigorously is my eyeshadow.

I prefer an eye makeup remover I can apply and then wash off (Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream-used to remove all traces of makeup--fdtn, blush, mascara, etc.), or one that is liquid, and I can simply apply it to a cotton ball and "whoosh" over my eye area a couple of times, and eye makeup is removed. This has to be done step by step -- first eyeshadow, then mascara on upper lashes, and so on...you get the drift. Too time consuming, and the fact it doesn't easily remove eye makeup, will not repurchase.

What prevents this from receiving one lippie is it didn't sting, nor irritate, my eyes.

If one has sensitive eyes, and doesn't mind removing eye makeup one step at a time, one might like this eye makeup remover.

I do like this remover. I do not find it burns my eyes like others have mentioned. Overall, I find it an amazing eye makeup remover. I pump once and use the product with my fingertips and just close my eyes and saturate with the product, slowly working the product around. I then wash with my Boscia Purifying Gel Cleanser and BAM done. So far my favorite remover. I am not a fan of the oil based removers as I always seem to have a film over my eyes afterwards. The Neutrogena oil free one? Crap as far as I am concerned, although it has some great reviews. Perhaps those individuals don't wear waterproof makeup or primer? I am older, and my eyes water, so I use waterproof everything and eye shadow primer. And no, I don't wear makeup like I am onstage for a drag show (nothing wrong with that- Go Sister! Go Sister!) It's just my makeup requirements have changed with age. While I do like this remover, I cannot believe its price - $24 for the full size???? It is hard for me to justify this price. It does last a while...but not FOREVER. So, I suppose I am on the fence as to whether or not to repurchase. I buy a lot of cosmetics/skincare and I usually wind up with some sort of eye makeup removal freebie, so I think I may not repurchase.

UPDATE 7/1/2016

I said I was on the fence about repurchasing. Yes. I have a small collection of makeup removers that come with GWP. After I ran out of my Sens'eyes, I started digging and using the others and let me just tell you I WILL be repurchasing this product. Has reached HG status for me. Added another Lippie

on 11/30/2015 8:50:00 PM

The only thing I like about this is the pump.

It doesn't remove anything on my eyes, so I don't understand why it's so highly raved about. I don't like scented makeup removers and this just dries out my eye area after removal.

It's never been able to do anything to remove my Japanese mascaras and eyeliners even after a ridiculous 'one-minute-on-the-eye' regime, so it's a complete waste of time and money for me. I'm sticking to my Clinique Take the Day Off Eye makeup remover.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my favorite eye makeup remover so far. I use urban decay perversion eyeliner and mascara and that is notorious For being next to impossible to remove. This stuff dissolves it without me rubbing and irritating my eyes.

All I do is put a squirt on a cotton pad and place the pad on my eye for about a minute. All the makeup is gone. No raccoon eyes ,no stinging,no drama. It's about 24 bucks or so at sephora and worth it

I bought this in the last VIBROUGE sale and I received 20% off for the mini travel size. I believe I got this for nine dollars Canadian.
I was a little bit iffy at first when the Sephora make up artist recommend this product because I've always used my bio derma cleansing water and cetaphil to remove my make up...and I've read all the negative reviews about irritating side effects. But I'm glad she convinced me to get a bottle of this Eye make up remover.
I was surprised It removed all the make up that the bioderma cleansing water couldn't get off my eye. Luckily enough I didn't experience any irritation or burning on / in my eyes.
One way I use this product is: by keeping one travel sized bottle in the shower and then I wet my face, and I use one pump of the product and divided between both eyelids... and gently rub the product on my eye lids to try and remove all my waterproof eye makeup... and then I rinse my eyelids right away under the shower head. And voila!!
I don't come out of the shower with racoon eyes.
If you're concerned about spending over $20 for the large regular size bottle Sephora has a mini size near their counter for about $10. And Sephora is also willing to give you a small size sample if you don't want to buy the travel size.

on 1/3/2015 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Unfortunately, they changed the formula for this. It now stings and burns like crazy (a product that claims to be for sensitive eyes!), and doesn't even do that good of a job removing eye makeup anymore. Buyer beware.

on 12/22/2014 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I received a sample size of this from Sephora after redeeming a bunch of points. I kept this in my everyday makeup bag because of the small size. For the first couple of uses, it did its job, but it required quite a bit of rubbing to remove my liner or mascara even though it says its formulated to remove waterproof makeup. After several more uses, it started to burn my eyes if it got into it and my eyelids felt raw from all the rubbing. I'm glad I only got the sample instead of buying it because it's $24 USD on Sephora's website, which is not cheap.

For a better eye makeup remover, may I recommend the Neutrogena Oil-Free eye make up remover? It does the same exact thing, but MUCH better for about 1/4th the price.

on 10/10/2014 1:05:00 AM

I have oily eyelids so i have to use smudgeproof and waterproof makeup and this remover makes it a breeze to remove at night. The last bottle i bought was a couple months ago and i'm seeing that people are complaining that this has been reformulated and is stinging their eyes? I really hope not.. i've tried quite a few makeup removers drug store and high end that are highly recomended and mufe hands down is the best. I dont enjoy the higher price tag but i always pick quality over quanity. The consistancy of this is much like a lotion and doesnt leave an oily residue which i've found most waterproof makeup removers to leave. A little bit goes a long ways.

on 8/17/2014 3:24:00 AM

Awful product. Purchased in Barcelona just recently and this stings my eyes badly...as well as my pocket (this stuff aint cheap). I complained to a store rep and was told to try Clinique's TAKE THE DAY OFF makeup remover (the purple one) and whilst this takes some more effort it works and doesnt severely sting around my eyes.
I wont be purchasing the Makeup Forever Sens Eyes again.