MAC Cosmetics Velvet 6 Smoked Eyes Holiday 2006 Palette

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
No Image

4.7

on 11/15/2008 5:37:00 PM

PROS: My favorite palette from MAC and own about 20. Creates a beautiful smoky eye easily. Colors are super smooth & pigmented. I actually love every shade in the palette except 1, which never happens. The only other thing you need is mascara to complete the look. I love that the packaging is cute, durable and compact...great from travel (or your handbag)!

CONS: Gentle Fume is a somewhat redundant color. Kinda close to Satin Taupe but not as pretty. I would have preferred another lighter highlight shade or maybe a deep green or something to change things up occasionally. The brush that comes inside is kinda dinky. I use my own full size brushes instead.

I am generally not a huge fan of MAC although they do have some standout products, i usually get turned off the hype that surrounds each collection and the OTT makeup and attitude the SA's sport. This is one of the standout products for me. I picked it up on holidays in Singapore when the collection was released and have not regretted it. Pros: Versatile shades which can be used for a neutral eye for day or a smokey eye for night. Satin Taupe and Club are the two standout shades for me, beautiful texture and unique colours. The packaging is compact and pretty. Not too expensive really for a high end product. Cons: I honestly cannot think of any - this is a really handy palette which i find myself reaching for on a frequent basis. If you can pick a mac smoked holiday palette up go for it!

on 11/4/2006 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I hadn't been wearing any makeup for the longest time. After work one day, I saw new stuff in the nearby MAC store, so I decided to take a look. The Smoked palette just jumped out at me. The MA told me that this was the first day it was in the store, and that they had already sold half their stock, so I purchased one. I've used it pretty much everyday since then. There are endless combos but I've only done two so far. One is Malt on the lid, Satin Taupe in the crease, and Club on the outer corner. The other one is Vex on the lid, Gentle Fume in the crease, and Black Tied on the outer corner. My favourite colour is Gentle Fume, which is the only LE colour in the palette. The website describes it as a dark grey with silver reflects in a velvet finish. I like this colour because it darkens the crease just enough without looking too dramatic for work! The silver glitter doesn't really show but I'm okay with that.