MAC Cosmetics Velvet 6 Smoked Eyes Holiday 2006 Palette

Filtered by skin type : Normal
No Image

4.9

Surprisingly, I found this palette at my CCO (Sawgrass Mills,FL) for only $20.00. I passed on it during the holiday campaign for some stupid reason and kicked myself for not buying it!! Well, it found me!! All the colors are so versatile and blend very smoothly. My favorite combination is:

MALT (as a wash)
SATIN TAUPE (on mid and outer lid)
CLUB (crease)
BLACK TIED (outer lid and liner)

Simply Amazing.. Great Palette!

on 1/2/2007 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I thought I'd sworn off Mac palettes, but I couldn't resist this one. Like so many people I've been on the quest to create the perfect smokey eye, and I finally acheieved it with this palette.

This is how I created my smokey eye, with my own description of each colour (I'm NC45-50 for reference):
MALT (matt, flesh-toned) from lashline to browbone as a base to even out skintone.
CLUB (green/brown duochrome) all over lid, following natural shape of eye but extending outside outer corners a little. Also smudged along lower lashline with Stila #28 smudge brush.
BLACK TIED (black with sparkles) Outer half of lid, outer v and crease
GENTLE FUME (medium grey with sparkles)Tiny bit to brighted inner corners
VEX (shimmery ivory) browbone highlight
SATIN TAUPE (shimmery pale brown) I don't use this for my smokey eye, but it's a pretty versatile shade anyway.

I find lots of eyeliner is key for a smokey eye and so I lined top/bottom lid and waterline with Blacktrack fluidline, and finished with 2-3 coats of mascara on top and bottom lashes.

While this is a great palette, the only exclusive colour Gentle Fume isn't really that special and you could easily find a dupe of it. Also'd rather Satin Taupe be replaced by another dark colour (maybe a deep bronzey colour) so I'd have the option to do a bronze smokey eye if I wanted too. still, for the price, this is still value for money compared to buying each shadow individually.
continued >>

on 11/26/2006 10:20:00 PM

I love love love this palette!! everyone should go to their nearest mac counter and grab this while you can cuz this baby is awesome. the colors are beautiful and you can wear it light or dark depending on your application.. its 36 bucks for 6 eyeshadows which is pretty good considering the fact that one regular mac e/s is 13.50. My fav color is club which is soo deceiving on the pan and vex, a pretty frost color you can wear it all over your eyelids or to highlight the eyes.. the rest of the colors are fabulous as well and im still experimenting with differnt color combinations.. like i said earlier, buy this if you can because i have a feeling its going to be gone pretty soon :)

on 11/25/2006 3:58:00 PM

I was so upset this morning because this palette SOLD out in all Macy's, Nordstroms, and MAC stores in my area. It is truly an awesome palette, and I fell in love with it the min I saw it in use. BUT fortunately for me... I was able to snatch one from online.. seriously people.. this is one thing worth the $36 and a purchase you WILL NOT REGRET!!

on 11/23/2006 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Great palette. It contains a variety of neutral-cool colors that can be toned down to create a natural day look or amped up to create an evening smokey eye look. My only complaint (and it's a little one) is that most of the e/s colors seem to be a wee bit on the cool side so it's a little hard for a warm-toned gal like me to pull off. But other than that, very cute & useful palette.

on 11/19/2006 10:05:00 PM

I absolutely adore this palette. I used it to create a smoky eye for my SO's college semi-formal. I got several compliments that night on my makeup. I use:

Malt as a base color

Vex as a wash
Satin Taupe from my lash line to right above my crease
Club in the crease
Gentle Fume below Club
Black Tied smudged as a liner

For a simpler look during the day I use Malt, Vex, & Satin Taupe continued >>

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is my first introduction to MAC. I've been wanting to try their e/s and after reading all the great reviews on this palette, I decided to pick one up for myself finally. So glad I did! It really is such a beautiful palette. Looks fantastic on! The compact is sleek with a nice big mirror. So impressed by the product, five lippies!

Gorgeous colors that cover the smokey-eye spectrum (shimmery vanilla, matte beige, duochrome taupe/purple, duochrome brown/green, grey with microglitter, black with microglitter). These colors will work on anyone for a variety of looks, from subtle to dramatic. Simply put, this is a must-have. Run, don't walk.

For some reason, I wasn't interested in last years holiday collection...but this year I have purchased all 4 Holiday MAC eyeshadow palettes! Velvet is by far my favorite (Suedette least fav), as I prefer smokier colors in general. Very versatile, day to night easily. Packaging is cute for sure! Don't like the little e/s brush included with the palettes, but thats not a big deal since I just use my own.

on 10/28/2006 9:59:00 PM

This is a great combination of colors. The green in the palette reminds me of a peacock feather, it has a wonderful texture and finish. The colors have already been described well, black tied and gentle fume are glittery but not over the top. A great all around palette, MAC has the best.