MAC Cosmetics Velvet 6 Smoked Eyes Holiday 2006 Palette

Filtered by skin type : Dry
No Image

4.8

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

A beautiful palette with an array of wearable colors. The only one that doesn't look so good on me is the top left matte light pink (sorry I don't remember the name) and Club. The other colors are gorgeous, and I absolutely love the packaging.

on 9/15/2007 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my absolute favorite all time MAC palette..The perfect combination of colors for a smokey eye that will work on everyone..Palette includes:Malt(m):matte pink based flesh color that makes an excellent base for all the other shades,Vex(f)grey based beige w/ pink and green opalescense,Satin Taupe(f) the perfect mauve based taupe w.a silver sheen,Club(s)a red based brown w/ green duochrome flash,Gentle Fume(v) a medium smokey grey that doesn't go blue on my warm/neutral complexion and finally Black Tied(v) black w/ silver sparkles..not my favorite in the palette as it's more like a lustre w/ all the sparkles then a velvet but makes a good upper lid liner(if you can get past the sparkles)So many fabulous combos..My favorite is,Malt as base,Vex to highlight and Satin Taupe in the outer V line upper lashes with Black Tied...very pretty..sometimes I just do a really simple eye with Vex and Gentle Fume which looks awesome together..Need to get another of these to have a back up**damn MAC and their LE items**

on 12/9/2006 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ladies, you can't go wrong with this palette... I got lucky when I walked by the MAC counter about a month ago, they had a few of these left and I picked it up immediately. Even though I didn't care for the way the lady applied the colors on me, I knew I could do better at home. I've tried wearing most of the shadows alone and in combination and they look great. I have light olive toned skin and black hair. I believe this pallette can work with any skin tone and hair color. It seems very universal. It's sold out already on the internet. I think you can get it on Ebay.... or if you're visiting a small town or city, they probably have it in stock.

on 11/23/2006 12:02:00 AM

I had a makeover at the MAC one day and I asked the girl to use this palette on me and to show me how I can create looks at home with it. It is really a breeze, keeping in mind that the colors are very versatile and complement each other so well. I got this palette right then and there. Today I passed by the MAC counter again and was told that it's all sold out now. Boy, am I glad I snagged one!!!!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is probably the most thoughtful, well picked colors to be placed in a palette dedicated to the fine art of creating smokey eyes! Finally, MAC has answered virtually every woman's prayer for an all encompassing classy eye palette!!
I bought the last one at Macy's located in downtown SF!!! I made history, Yeah BABY!!!

on 11/17/2006 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite eye palette this year, and this is the one that I reach out for on a daily basis. I've always wanted to try out more MAC colors and this is a perfect way to experiment. In my opinions, MAC hit the home run with this one as it contains some of the most popular and versatile colors. I've created numerous combinations with this palette, and this is the ONLY one that I need to create both day and night looks. Also, the shades are very blendable, if you want a even more dramatic looks, just add a bit of water. $36 is a bargain for this set. Run to get this before it's sold out!

on 11/9/2006 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Great palette from MAC. I agree that it's possibly one of the best palette MAC has put together in quite some time. The colors are universally flattering and all of them are usable. No weird, funky colors or textures, no gimmicks and no overblown hype. It's just a solid palette that will get lots of use by me.

on 10/28/2006 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I didn't think I would get any MAC 2006 Holiday stuff, but I'm so glad I did. This palette is so wearable and I love every single color in it. The colors have been descibed perfectly in a previous review. I have bought many eye shadows in the past trying to do a perfect, neutral, soft grey smokey eye. I can do it with this palette effortlessly. The quality of all the shadows is fine. Cute little eyeshadow brush works well. The packaging is interesting, and feels sturdy. I love it. Rave.

on 10/25/2006 11:29:00 PM

This was an easy purchase; the colors are fantastic and all very wearable. Malt (matte beige), Vex (frosty vanilla), Satin Taupe (purple-taupe with sheen... beautiful!), Club (buildable brown-green smoky shade), Gentle Fume (shimmer silver), Black Tied (black with silver sparkles. The packaging is nice (velvet striped), but I liked the other ones better. Still, for $36, its a great bargain for a great set of wearable colors.

on 10/20/2006 10:40:00 AM

Six great shadows for making a smokey eye. The palette looks warm at first, but is saved by Vex. I am cool toned and can wear these colors well.

Malt: Matte neutral-warm nude putty color

Vex: Similar to Vanilla pigment; an opalescent bone color with hints of green/grey. neutral-cool

Satin Taupe: Cool shimmery taupe with subtle purple undertones

Club: Deep warm chocolate brown with emerald green duochrome

Gentle Fume: The only LE color in the set, A gorgeous neutral-cool grey with silver microglitter

Black Tied: Black with silver microglitter

Kind of odd packaging (faux Beaver lol) but I like the beading and the little black MAC tag. I have a feeling a year from now I will think it is tacky to the extreme.
continued >>