MAC Cosmetics Velvet 6 Smoked Eyes Holiday 2006 Palette

Filtered by age: 30-35
No Image

4.8

on 11/15/2008 5:37:00 PM

PROS: My favorite palette from MAC and own about 20. Creates a beautiful smoky eye easily. Colors are super smooth & pigmented. I actually love every shade in the palette except 1, which never happens. The only other thing you need is mascara to complete the look. I love that the packaging is cute, durable and compact...great from travel (or your handbag)!

CONS: Gentle Fume is a somewhat redundant color. Kinda close to Satin Taupe but not as pretty. I would have preferred another lighter highlight shade or maybe a deep green or something to change things up occasionally. The brush that comes inside is kinda dinky. I use my own full size brushes instead.

on 9/15/2007 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my absolute favorite all time MAC palette..The perfect combination of colors for a smokey eye that will work on everyone..Palette includes:Malt(m):matte pink based flesh color that makes an excellent base for all the other shades,Vex(f)grey based beige w/ pink and green opalescense,Satin Taupe(f) the perfect mauve based taupe w.a silver sheen,Club(s)a red based brown w/ green duochrome flash,Gentle Fume(v) a medium smokey grey that doesn't go blue on my warm/neutral complexion and finally Black Tied(v) black w/ silver sparkles..not my favorite in the palette as it's more like a lustre w/ all the sparkles then a velvet but makes a good upper lid liner(if you can get past the sparkles)So many fabulous combos..My favorite is,Malt as base,Vex to highlight and Satin Taupe in the outer V line upper lashes with Black Tied...very pretty..sometimes I just do a really simple eye with Vex and Gentle Fume which looks awesome together..Need to get another of these to have a back up**damn MAC and their LE items**

on 3/2/2007 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Well MUA , you've done it again. I passed up this palette at least three times during the Holiday Promotion, because the colors didn't really jump out at me. Besides, I had a ton of shadows with which I could do a "smokey eye". But I went on MUA, saw the fab reveiws and became a lemming for it. I snatched up the last one at the MAC store in Georgetown and now I am sooo glad I have it! Love it ! Mean it!

on 1/2/2007 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I thought I'd sworn off Mac palettes, but I couldn't resist this one. Like so many people I've been on the quest to create the perfect smokey eye, and I finally acheieved it with this palette.

This is how I created my smokey eye, with my own description of each colour (I'm NC45-50 for reference):
MALT (matt, flesh-toned) from lashline to browbone as a base to even out skintone.
CLUB (green/brown duochrome) all over lid, following natural shape of eye but extending outside outer corners a little. Also smudged along lower lashline with Stila #28 smudge brush.
BLACK TIED (black with sparkles) Outer half of lid, outer v and crease
GENTLE FUME (medium grey with sparkles)Tiny bit to brighted inner corners
VEX (shimmery ivory) browbone highlight
SATIN TAUPE (shimmery pale brown) I don't use this for my smokey eye, but it's a pretty versatile shade anyway.

I find lots of eyeliner is key for a smokey eye and so I lined top/bottom lid and waterline with Blacktrack fluidline, and finished with 2-3 coats of mascara on top and bottom lashes.

While this is a great palette, the only exclusive colour Gentle Fume isn't really that special and you could easily find a dupe of it. Also'd rather Satin Taupe be replaced by another dark colour (maybe a deep bronzey colour) so I'd have the option to do a bronze smokey eye if I wanted too. still, for the price, this is still value for money compared to buying each shadow individually.
continued >>

on 12/9/2006 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ladies, you can't go wrong with this palette... I got lucky when I walked by the MAC counter about a month ago, they had a few of these left and I picked it up immediately. Even though I didn't care for the way the lady applied the colors on me, I knew I could do better at home. I've tried wearing most of the shadows alone and in combination and they look great. I have light olive toned skin and black hair. I believe this pallette can work with any skin tone and hair color. It seems very universal. It's sold out already on the internet. I think you can get it on Ebay.... or if you're visiting a small town or city, they probably have it in stock.

on 11/27/2006 3:40:00 PM

Let's face it...there is nothing more alluring or sexier than a well executed smokey eye. This palette virtually guarantees an effortless, flawless outcome. I bought this online and was nervous when I first opened the lid, because all the colors look extremely cool toned, in the pan. I'm a LLL with warm undertones, and happily, the colors work perfectly on me, so I imagine they will flatter anyone's complexion. For a daytime look, I start with Malt on the browbone, put Satin Taupe in the crease, and lightly line the outer corners with Gentle Fume, winging it slightly outward and upward. For evening, I repeat the process with the remaining three colors, starting with Vex, and going right on down the line. If you love smokey eyes, you NEED this. However, I'm not wild about the fuzzy packaging and dangling doodad.

on 11/23/2006 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Great palette. It contains a variety of neutral-cool colors that can be toned down to create a natural day look or amped up to create an evening smokey eye look. My only complaint (and it's a little one) is that most of the e/s colors seem to be a wee bit on the cool side so it's a little hard for a warm-toned gal like me to pull off. But other than that, very cute & useful palette.

on 11/17/2006 10:14:00 AM

Love this palette! Really, there's nothing more to be said about it that hasn't been covered in detail below. Love the colors, love the staying power. I'm an NW 15, and I can't imagine anyone these colors wouldn't look great on.

This palette also looks fantastic with the Nightfish fluidline.

Nothing negative at all about this product... Okay, I'm ambivalent about the included brush.

on 11/17/2006 10:07:00 AM

Wow. Stunning. I think that says it all, doesn't it?

Gorgeous colors that cover the smokey-eye spectrum (shimmery vanilla, matte beige, duochrome taupe/purple, duochrome brown/green, grey with microglitter, black with microglitter). These colors will work on anyone for a variety of looks, from subtle to dramatic. Simply put, this is a must-have. Run, don't walk.