MAC Suspicion

No Image

3.7

on 8/9/2008 4:01:00 PM

I use this eyeshadow as an eyeliner. I don't use a base, and the product is usually pretty faint by the end of the day. It does have a sparkle to it, but I can't really see it on my eyes. Overall, it does work pretty well as a fairly well pigmented eyeliner.

on 6/3/2008 10:34:00 PM

I love this.
It has a bit of shimmer/glitter in it, and I use it as a liner, even during the day. At night, I use it for the smokey eye look. It definitely lasts all day as a liner.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have two of these now b/c I do love this shade. I use it as a eyeliner (cake it over pencil for a long lasting line black, black green sparkle line (yes the sparkle shows up!!!). I love love love the green gold micro sparkle in this. See I'm a big fan of Mattes, Satins, and Velvets < which this certainly is. It's gorgeous. This one of my favorite MAC e/s ever. I wouldn't dare say this e/s has gold flecks either they really are a green gold like old gold is.

on 1/20/2007 5:29:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

boring, flat, too powdery black. The gold doesn't show up at all. Too powdery to even use as a liner, what happened to MAC's usually great pigmentation? This one doesn't seem to be as finely milled as the usually great MAC eyeshadow. My 1st disappointment with MAC e/s. Bummed that the bubble burst. This ones going to the back of the drawer. I wouldn't wish this on anyone so I'm not even going to bother swapping it.

on 12/14/2006 6:54:00 PM

A great, muted soft black. The gold flecks are only visible in the pot. If you're looking for an inky black, this isn't for you, but if you want a subtle black, Suspicion is great.

I got this just because people were saying this *is* black gold. Ive been wanting Black Gold forever, so of course i had to have it! Okay- in the pot, it looks like black with microscopic gold glitters. BUT, when applied, the gold flecks do not show up, it just looks like a plain black *shrugs*. I tried applying it with mixing medium, no luck. If anyone knows some trick application to get the gold specks to show up, please email me. Anyways, this is very dissapointing, and my lemming for black gold has suddenly died.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i would buy this shade again if i could too bad it's LE it's a pretty sparkly dark blackened brown with gold shimmer really pretty and i love how it smoky it makes my eyes look very richly pigmented and smooth to apply!!! i love u suspicion!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Part of the new Nocturnelle collection released October 2006. This is Black Gold from a few years ago. Its a soft black with gold sparkles. You dont see the gold sparkles at all, just the soft black shade. Nice for a smoky eye. Limited Edition so its only available in a pot and retails for $13.50. Since I already have Black Gold, back this one goes.

on 10/25/2006 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I agree with the review below. This isn't a *black* black but more of a soft black to my eyes. The gold glitters are so miniscule you almost need a magnifying glass to see them. Having said that, the texture is great. Soft, pigmented, easy to blend and work with, great staying power.
I already have a few different blacks so this isn't all that unique but it gets high marks for quality. If it were a seriously black hole black with visible gold shimmer, I would have given it a 5.

on 10/25/2006 3:56:00 PM

I actually thought this was such a pretty shadow. I own Print, carbon and black tied... not to maention many other dark charcoal e/s, so I didn't feel a need to have it... but it almost looked like a darkened charcoal black brown to me. Didn't see the "gold" but it was definitely a nice color. Reminded me of Smut alittle. Definitely worth looking at if you want a dark not quite black e/s.