Clinique Happy for Men

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Clinique Happy for Men

4.7

on 11/13/2008 4:44:00 PM

When I met my husband, he was wore Perferred Stock cologne. I told him I was allergic to it so he would stop wearing that god awful crap! Since then I have been picking out his cologne and this is one of the best I have found. It smells very clean and citrusy. It could almost be unisex. It's not strong like most colognes and is nice to wear daily. You really need to smell this in person to appreciate it. If you don't like the heaviness of men's cologne then this is a nice alternative.

on 8/10/2005 12:29:00 PM

My BF wears this and I like it very much--fresh with a hint of citrus. It's kinda unisex, w/o any particular "masculine" or "feminine" notes (e.g. leather or roses) I completely disagree with the reviewer below. Who says you have to limit yourself to what is decreed "for your sex"? If so, women would be limited to skirts, long hair and floral scents. I personally think it's hot when a girl wears a sexy leather/musky/spicy fragrance (and I don't necessarily want to make out with her either).

ETA: To the reviewer above--Sheesh. I'm not sure why you're so defensive about this. I really think Happy For Men is pretty unisex. Just b/c women complimented your friend on the scent doesn't necessarily mean that men didn't like it on her (in my experience, women usually compliment people on things like scent more often than men, anyway). My point was that fragrance isn't like pheremones or something--a certain note won't necessarily attract one sex or the other. It's a matter of personal preference. My BF happens to dislike floral/traditionally sweet feminine perfumes on me. I can take 'em or leave 'em. I don't think I'd like him to wear most women's perfume, but not b/c it's a turnoff necessarily--I just think most women's perfume is overbearing. Slightly O/T: My BF actually thinks that women's perfume-makers have it all wrong--we should be wearing scents like "Eau d'Beer" and "Barbecue Sauce, EDP" :)

My boyfriend and I picked this out together one day while cologne shopping for him, and before we were going to go with the Hugo sport (his favourite of all, but I didn't like it THAT much), but I decided to visit the Clinique counter for makeup, and saw Happy for Men. I loved the smell of it...very fresh and young with a tiny hint of citrus. It resembles my boyfriend's old Versace Metal Jeans (MY favourite, but too bad they discountinued it) and I just loved it. He liked it a lot too. So he decided to go for the gift set with the cologne, the after shave balm, and the body wash. He really likes the after shave balm and told me he'd buy it again once he runs out.
It's kind of odd how women use this for themselves...but I guess this cologne isn't as masculine as most other cologne. continued >>

Popular Fragrances