Clinique Happy for Men

4.4

on 6/2/2017 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

I really love this for myself. I'm a female, but this scent on me is not that masculine. I get a lot of compliments when wearing it. It is a great daytime summary fragrance for me!

on 2/7/2009 7:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

A nice citrus without the over-used aquatic note. Fresh, slightly fruity and green. A great summer scent that leans towards the masculine, but would work on women too.

on 5/7/2008 5:33:00 PM

One of my male friends wears this, and its citrus smell is so refreshing. I'd like to buy one for myself!!! Guess this product will popular in any sex/age group!!!

on 8/10/2005 12:29:00 PM

My BF wears this and I like it very much--fresh with a hint of citrus. It's kinda unisex, w/o any particular "masculine" or "feminine" notes (e.g. leather or roses) I completely disagree with the reviewer below. Who says you have to limit yourself to what is decreed "for your sex"? If so, women would be limited to skirts, long hair and floral scents. I personally think it's hot when a girl wears a sexy leather/musky/spicy fragrance (and I don't necessarily want to make out with her either).

ETA: To the reviewer above--Sheesh. I'm not sure why you're so defensive about this. I really think Happy For Men is pretty unisex. Just b/c women complimented your friend on the scent doesn't necessarily mean that men didn't like it on her (in my experience, women usually compliment people on things like scent more often than men, anyway). My point was that fragrance isn't like pheremones or something--a certain note won't necessarily attract one sex or the other. It's a matter of personal preference. My BF happens to dislike floral/traditionally sweet feminine perfumes on me. I can take 'em or leave 'em. I don't think I'd like him to wear most women's perfume, but not b/c it's a turnoff necessarily--I just think most women's perfume is overbearing. Slightly O/T: My BF actually thinks that women's perfume-makers have it all wrong--we should be wearing scents like "Eau d'Beer" and "Barbecue Sauce, EDP" :)

My boyfriend and I picked this out together one day while cologne shopping for him, and before we were going to go with the Hugo sport (his favourite of all, but I didn't like it THAT much), but I decided to visit the Clinique counter for makeup, and saw Happy for Men. I loved the smell of it...very fresh and young with a tiny hint of citrus. It resembles my boyfriend's old Versace Metal Jeans (MY favourite, but too bad they discountinued it) and I just loved it. He liked it a lot too. So he decided to go for the gift set with the cologne, the after shave balm, and the body wash. He really likes the after shave balm and told me he'd buy it again once he runs out.
It's kind of odd how women use this for themselves...but I guess this cologne isn't as masculine as most other cologne. continued >>

on 2/16/2004 6:43:00 AM

one of my favorite men's fragrance.
reminds me of some fun time.
i like Happy for Men way better than the original Happy. its got a little bit of kick to it, which is its hidden(?) spicy note that lasts long. Happy for Men doesn't seem like anything extraordinary at first, but got me 'addicted' to this distinctive scent while i was still trying to figure out why i like it so much.

on 3/18/2002 7:45:00 PM

I normally don't review men's fragrances but this one smells fabulous!! A fellow male student wears this one and it smells so nice when I walk into class. My daughter and I smelled this at Carson's to see if we should get it for my SO and we both agreed we like it better than the female version of Happy. If you are looking for a new scent for your man....try this one! And pick yourself up a new gloss or some TTA while you are at the Clinique counter! : )

Popular Fragrances