Salon Bronze Airbrush Tan

Filtered by eye Color : Green

3.6

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Warm

As stated in previous reviews...I am on the hunt for the perfect sunless tanner. Salon Bronze Airbrush Tan is pretty damn good with very few flaws.

Pros:
-Dries completely, your skin won't be left with a tacky greasy feeling. I even applied this to my acne prone face with no issues.
-LONG LASTING. I love that about this product. FakeBake washed off within 1 shower..this sunless tanner required some serious scrubbing. So I could possibly apply it to my body once a week, & to my face every other day with very little maintenance.
-Built in layer of bronzer/colorguide so you know where it's been applied - no streaks!
-Somewhat natural color. It *does* have a green tint...but you shower that off. & the remaining color *is* somewhat orangey--- but I've definitely seen WAY worse. I am NC10/super pale with warm undertones so I doubt many sunless tanners out there would look 100% natural on me. This is okay, it doesn't SCREAM "spray tan!!!" on me.
-Super cheap! I am in shock at how inexpensive it was with the airgun. Even better, the refills are even cheaper. :)
------------------
The only con is the scent. This does have that dreaded self-tanner smell. :( HOWEVER, it's not extremely strong. Most wouldn't even notice it. Jergens Sunless Tanner is WAY WORSE. But... after smelling FakeBake I *know* it is possible to find sunless tanners without the rotten egg scent.

I will keep searching. Unless I find a way to make the scent go away. Maybe I'll find some cheap vanilla lotions to mix in with this, diluting the smell.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best self tanner I've ever used. Gives you the exact same darkening results as a professional spray tan, but at home. I do have some advice though: READ THE DIRECTIONS. I see so many reviewers saying that the product drips, leaves splotches, etc. but the directions say to constantly wipe the nozzle of the gun and hold 12 inches away from your body. I also noticed that the tan darkens over time. I'll spray myself at night and it doesn't look like a big change but when I wake up the next morning, I'm super bronzed. One bottle lasts me 2 weeks, so over time, yes the costs can add up. But definitely worth it. I will never stop using this unless they discontinue it.

I have used this product since 2006, when it was still sold at Walgreens, lol. It.s simple to use, and great for back coverage! The green color is normal, and washes away. BE faux tan is the same way, along with many others. Very believable tan.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am currently drying as we speak. Or type. Or I type and you read.

Not expensive ($12.99 for the system at Sally's), awesome BROWN color (not orange!!!!), and fairly easy to apply. It blots a bit, but I just used a makeup sponge to even it out. It dries fast and looks natural on a base tan.

After using many self-tanners, I like this the best. Lotions and towelettes tend to turn orange on me. I tan lightly, but this stuff, even though it's dark, does NOT look unnatural.

Tip for getting the backs of your legs and butt: Put your back to a full-length mirror, bend over, and look between your legs to spray.

No stinkies, either! Yay! Will def repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've got the package with two cartridges, and I know I am ultimately way too cheap to throw the other one out, like any sane person would do. I did like the idea of the "airbrush" dispenser, and I am hoping that with regard to the final result, next time it will be better. Next time--I can't believe I am saying that!!! In truth, I'm sure I will use the other one, if only because I do like the way that the color came out on my arms--AFTER THE GREEN WASHED OFF!!!! I mean, this isn't supposed to have a lime green guide color, is it?? The spray nozzle on mine did not work, and I had to hold down the back of the can to dispense. I used it in the shower, and in truth there was less mess probably even then when I use St. Tropez and apply it by hand. I just turned the shower on and rinsed the GREEN away. If someone else knows that this is supposed to be green, please correct me, but I searched the instructions and could find no such warning. Maybe it is because I am inexperienced with the airbrush (I'm pretty good at self-tanning in general), but here were the final color results for me: my arms are perfect--natural, not orange; comparable to St. Tropez, actually (which is what I normally use). My hands are fine. I applied lotion to my hands, feet, fingers, toes, elbows, knees, and cuticles, and my hands and elbows look natural. With regard to my legs, however, the product was very streaky and ultimately does not seem to have "stuck" very well--it just sank into my pores, and when I took a shower the next day, it just washed off white--not nicely tanned like my arms. My left foot is so horrible that three days later I still cannot wear sandals, despite the precautions I took. My face, like my legs, did not take the color--this has never happened before. But the worst: as I mentioned before, it came out lime green!!! I mean, my whole body, green! It was disgusting! When I use St. Tropez, in a pinch, and if I am careful enough, I can go out right after--the guide color of St. Tropez can be messy, but in and of itself is a nice bronzey color. Thank God I did not use this before I had to go out somewhere. And thank God it is summer and I am not teaching! I did a google search and found some reviews on other sites that showed up where people DID have to go out somewhere and didn't REALIZE that this had turned them green; I think one was a high school senior who used this before their school pictures, poor sod. I was surprised, then, that no one mentioned this on this site, which makes me wonder if, for some reason, this is supposed to happen. Surely not, though, right? With regard to the final color result, I know that some evening I am going to be bored and I'm going to try the other cartridge, knowing that I'll be green until I shower again, but I can't help but wonder if I didn't shake the canister well enough, mis-applied on to my face and legs, etc. In such a case, I will update.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the only self tanner I'm confident enough to use. If you follow the directions exactly it works perfect. It's not orang-y or streaky. I use it by myself. The only suggestions I could make are...using it outside or on a towel is a plus....it comes out of the gun in a mist and it will get on anything around it. I made the mistake of spraying myself in the bathroom and it was all over the floor...on the other hand it's very easy to wipe up.

It lasts about a week...it made my legs feel very smooth. You can find it at Walgreens or Sallys. They even have it in the winter but they keep it in the back...so you have to ask for it. If they're nice enough they'll get it for you.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I bought 4 of these because they were at THE DOLLAR STORE!! They WERE $20.00 at Walmart. Glad to see a couple of decent reviews, because I thought if this stuff ended up at the Dollar Store, it must be crap. I'll try it and update, when I have the time to sit around waiting for it to dry. Unfortunately, I have 6 dogs and a cat that like to lick lotion off of my legs after I put it on, so I'll have to hide somewhere whilst it's drying!

My mom bought this for me because she was tired of me complaing about splotchy tans. It is an airbrush gun that you buy cartridges for. It is about $18 for the gun and 2 refills. This can be bought at various places, but the easiest place to get it is at Sally Beauty. They also sell the refills for $8 each there. This was probably the best self tanner I have used, besides Sally Hansen Airbrush Tan. There was little to no smell at all. It is tinted, so you can easily see where you apply it. It dries pretty fast. The color is a deep, rich brown, and not orange at all. I did get a little streaking, but probably because I didn't exfoliate first. But other than that, this is fantastic!