Salon Bronze Airbrush Tan

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

this is the best at home tanner I have used . I have worked in tanning salons my whole life . I am a hairstylist with a tanning salon attached to our shop and I still use this product . here are my directions : shower and dry off step back in shower with the loaded spray gun shake and spray about 6-8 inches away from body once you ate done take an old towel and blot any heavy spots as this will stop any discoularation then moisturize once dried . I always wash my feet after I spray tan and I never do my face I use a darker foundation and powder to match . this kicks all others I have tried out of the water and I get 3-5 full body applications from it. I drive from Canada to the states to buy this product .

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've got the package with two cartridges, and I know I am ultimately way too cheap to throw the other one out, like any sane person would do. I did like the idea of the "airbrush" dispenser, and I am hoping that with regard to the final result, next time it will be better. Next time--I can't believe I am saying that!!! In truth, I'm sure I will use the other one, if only because I do like the way that the color came out on my arms--AFTER THE GREEN WASHED OFF!!!! I mean, this isn't supposed to have a lime green guide color, is it?? The spray nozzle on mine did not work, and I had to hold down the back of the can to dispense. I used it in the shower, and in truth there was less mess probably even then when I use St. Tropez and apply it by hand. I just turned the shower on and rinsed the GREEN away. If someone else knows that this is supposed to be green, please correct me, but I searched the instructions and could find no such warning. Maybe it is because I am inexperienced with the airbrush (I'm pretty good at self-tanning in general), but here were the final color results for me: my arms are perfect--natural, not orange; comparable to St. Tropez, actually (which is what I normally use). My hands are fine. I applied lotion to my hands, feet, fingers, toes, elbows, knees, and cuticles, and my hands and elbows look natural. With regard to my legs, however, the product was very streaky and ultimately does not seem to have "stuck" very well--it just sank into my pores, and when I took a shower the next day, it just washed off white--not nicely tanned like my arms. My left foot is so horrible that three days later I still cannot wear sandals, despite the precautions I took. My face, like my legs, did not take the color--this has never happened before. But the worst: as I mentioned before, it came out lime green!!! I mean, my whole body, green! It was disgusting! When I use St. Tropez, in a pinch, and if I am careful enough, I can go out right after--the guide color of St. Tropez can be messy, but in and of itself is a nice bronzey color. Thank God I did not use this before I had to go out somewhere. And thank God it is summer and I am not teaching! I did a google search and found some reviews on other sites that showed up where people DID have to go out somewhere and didn't REALIZE that this had turned them green; I think one was a high school senior who used this before their school pictures, poor sod. I was surprised, then, that no one mentioned this on this site, which makes me wonder if, for some reason, this is supposed to happen. Surely not, though, right? With regard to the final color result, I know that some evening I am going to be bored and I'm going to try the other cartridge, knowing that I'll be green until I shower again, but I can't help but wonder if I didn't shake the canister well enough, mis-applied on to my face and legs, etc. In such a case, I will update.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Very cute air-brush gun for those who don't want to spend a lot. I got mine for under 10 bucks. I was looking for something cheaper that would do a good job of tanning. This thing is very nice! Well worth the money! It's so easy to tell where you're spraying with the gun. There's a few makeup sponges that come with the gun which I strongly recommend using so there's minimal streaking and being able to blend nicely. It'd wear gloves doing this next time though as my hands got very dark brown after using it. Only fuss is that the tan looked beautiful but only for a couple days. I might think about using a tan extender or putting some lotion on before I use it. Looked very real and color appeared immediately. It out-ran any other self-tanners I've used and how long it takes your tan to appear. It dries rather slow though so you would need to do this when you have time to sit around waiting for it to dry. If you get too close to your skin with the gun it can also be hard to blend in without looking too dark.

My mom bought this for me because she was tired of me complaing about splotchy tans. It is an airbrush gun that you buy cartridges for. It is about $18 for the gun and 2 refills. This can be bought at various places, but the easiest place to get it is at Sally Beauty. They also sell the refills for $8 each there. This was probably the best self tanner I have used, besides Sally Hansen Airbrush Tan. There was little to no smell at all. It is tinted, so you can easily see where you apply it. It dries pretty fast. The color is a deep, rich brown, and not orange at all. I did get a little streaking, but probably because I didn't exfoliate first. But other than that, this is fantastic!