Salon Bronze Airbrush Tan

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.6

I have used this product since 2006, when it was still sold at Walgreens, lol. It.s simple to use, and great for back coverage! The green color is normal, and washes away. BE faux tan is the same way, along with many others. Very believable tan.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have and will keep repurchasing this product. I use it every three to four day to keep a decent color and it is very easy for me to use. I personally don't think I could spray myself right so I just spray some in a container and I use makeup sponges and apply it on myself that way. I think the color comes out better that way and it doesn't really take that long to do. I think it helps to conserve the spray too, it doesn't really use that much when you are wiping it on. The color comes out very nice and natural on me. Brown and tan, not orange and fake like most tanners i have used. It fades really naturally on me, as long as you exfoliate well you shouldn't get any chips or breaks in color when fading. I highly recommend this to everyone. It is the best I have found and I have used a lot of tanners. I am pale white and cannot tan in the sun to save my life. So these tanners are my only option, because skin cancer runs in my family so I don't want to go to the tanning bed.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I got this on my first visit to Sally's Beauty. My SO is so nice to want to go to Sally's after a nice dinner on a Friday night. Oh LOOK! There's Sally's!

It was on sale. It works great. To apply, I stepped in shower and applied 15" from me, and I am so glad I shut the curtain as it gets a fine powder all over everything, which rinses out well. I did my legs first, I always have a probem with streaking legs with any product. I was alarmed as it was so dark, and it went into the pores, but I was holding it too close. So, I kept a black slightly moist washcloth handy, then I did a blot, blot, blot with the washcloth. Making sure to blot inside of arms, back of knees, around toes, ankles and heel. No way would I use this on my face, I use Clarins.
It was dry very quickly. The color came out chocolate brown and I was so afraid, as I am a redhead, well strawberry blonde now that summer's here, but it wasn't too dark, it dries lighter. I am used to a very slight tan, or golden color, but by August my usual MO is to be a little tan from so much swimming. So it just looks like a natural tan. Note about leg: Nothing sticks on my legs very well without streaking, but this did OK. I had to go back and give it a second spray. Very happy with $8 spray tan.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am currently drying as we speak. Or type. Or I type and you read.

Not expensive ($12.99 for the system at Sally's), awesome BROWN color (not orange!!!!), and fairly easy to apply. It blots a bit, but I just used a makeup sponge to even it out. It dries fast and looks natural on a base tan.

After using many self-tanners, I like this the best. Lotions and towelettes tend to turn orange on me. I tan lightly, but this stuff, even though it's dark, does NOT look unnatural.

Tip for getting the backs of your legs and butt: Put your back to a full-length mirror, bend over, and look between your legs to spray.

No stinkies, either! Yay! Will def repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've got the package with two cartridges, and I know I am ultimately way too cheap to throw the other one out, like any sane person would do. I did like the idea of the "airbrush" dispenser, and I am hoping that with regard to the final result, next time it will be better. Next time--I can't believe I am saying that!!! In truth, I'm sure I will use the other one, if only because I do like the way that the color came out on my arms--AFTER THE GREEN WASHED OFF!!!! I mean, this isn't supposed to have a lime green guide color, is it?? The spray nozzle on mine did not work, and I had to hold down the back of the can to dispense. I used it in the shower, and in truth there was less mess probably even then when I use St. Tropez and apply it by hand. I just turned the shower on and rinsed the GREEN away. If someone else knows that this is supposed to be green, please correct me, but I searched the instructions and could find no such warning. Maybe it is because I am inexperienced with the airbrush (I'm pretty good at self-tanning in general), but here were the final color results for me: my arms are perfect--natural, not orange; comparable to St. Tropez, actually (which is what I normally use). My hands are fine. I applied lotion to my hands, feet, fingers, toes, elbows, knees, and cuticles, and my hands and elbows look natural. With regard to my legs, however, the product was very streaky and ultimately does not seem to have "stuck" very well--it just sank into my pores, and when I took a shower the next day, it just washed off white--not nicely tanned like my arms. My left foot is so horrible that three days later I still cannot wear sandals, despite the precautions I took. My face, like my legs, did not take the color--this has never happened before. But the worst: as I mentioned before, it came out lime green!!! I mean, my whole body, green! It was disgusting! When I use St. Tropez, in a pinch, and if I am careful enough, I can go out right after--the guide color of St. Tropez can be messy, but in and of itself is a nice bronzey color. Thank God I did not use this before I had to go out somewhere. And thank God it is summer and I am not teaching! I did a google search and found some reviews on other sites that showed up where people DID have to go out somewhere and didn't REALIZE that this had turned them green; I think one was a high school senior who used this before their school pictures, poor sod. I was surprised, then, that no one mentioned this on this site, which makes me wonder if, for some reason, this is supposed to happen. Surely not, though, right? With regard to the final color result, I know that some evening I am going to be bored and I'm going to try the other cartridge, knowing that I'll be green until I shower again, but I can't help but wonder if I didn't shake the canister well enough, mis-applied on to my face and legs, etc. In such a case, I will update.

This product was awful for me. I love getting airbrushed at a salon but it's expensive so i thought this might be a more economical solution. I had my sister apply this to my legs as a test, and I am so glad I tried it before spraying my whole body! This was awful for me. Smelled awful, the application was streaky and the color was the most unatural orange you can imagine. I had horrible, blotchy skin and looked like I had a skin disease. I guess I got what I paid for in this situation. Went right in the trash. To be fair I am very pale, so perhaps if you already had a base tan and you just wanted to deepen your color this might work.

This is the best self tanner I've used so far, however, it's the second type I've used so I don't know if that's saying much. I will try more types, though. It was very cheap ($10 at Walgreens). It wasn't bad, just not very convenient to use. First of all, you need someone to spray this on you. I had my husband spray me in the shower and it splattered all over the it and made a huge mess. Secondly, it looked scary on (really splattery and dirty). I was pretty scared that it was going to stay like that. After standing for 20 min. waiting for it to dry, I finally rubbed my skin to rub in any remaining splatters and smears and it still blended and my skin still felt wet. 2 hours after application, I still feel the wetness from the tanning solution and I just don't feel very comfortable or dry. However, I did like how it was tinted...it made me feel like no spots were missed and I also liked the believable tint it immediately gave my skin so I feel like the tan will be very nice. I'm not sure how long it's going to last so I will update on that later. UPDATE: Okay, I noticed as the day progressed that my husband totally missed spots on me and totally saturated my right foot (It was dirt brown) so I was pretty freaked out thinking I was going to be walking around with dark brown and white slashes all over me (although I did like the color of the dark brown tan). I decided to take a bath about 10 hours after application in order to maybe scrub some of it off my foot and anywhere else I was really splotchy. As soon my body hit the water, the stuff came off...and I mean all of it. In fact, it is all now around my neck from floating to the top of the tub. I didn't even have to scrub. In fact, I lifted my foot with scrubber in hand and there was nothing there! I know it had a tint in it so you can see where you applied it, but I think that's all it had! No wonder they lowered the price of it from $18 to $10. It's nothing but bronzer with a promise of DHA.

My mom bought this for me because she was tired of me complaing about splotchy tans. It is an airbrush gun that you buy cartridges for. It is about $18 for the gun and 2 refills. This can be bought at various places, but the easiest place to get it is at Sally Beauty. They also sell the refills for $8 each there. This was probably the best self tanner I have used, besides Sally Hansen Airbrush Tan. There was little to no smell at all. It is tinted, so you can easily see where you apply it. It dries pretty fast. The color is a deep, rich brown, and not orange at all. I did get a little streaking, but probably because I didn't exfoliate first. But other than that, this is fantastic!