Salon Bronze Airbrush Tan

3.8

My mom bought this for me because she was tired of me complaing about splotchy tans. It is an airbrush gun that you buy cartridges for. It is about $18 for the gun and 2 refills. This can be bought at various places, but the easiest place to get it is at Sally Beauty. They also sell the refills for $8 each there. This was probably the best self tanner I have used, besides Sally Hansen Airbrush Tan. There was little to no smell at all. It is tinted, so you can easily see where you apply it. It dries pretty fast. The color is a deep, rich brown, and not orange at all. I did get a little streaking, but probably because I didn't exfoliate first. But other than that, this is fantastic!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Very cute air-brush gun for those who don't want to spend a lot. I got mine for under 10 bucks. I was looking for something cheaper that would do a good job of tanning. This thing is very nice! Well worth the money! It's so easy to tell where you're spraying with the gun. There's a few makeup sponges that come with the gun which I strongly recommend using so there's minimal streaking and being able to blend nicely. It'd wear gloves doing this next time though as my hands got very dark brown after using it. Only fuss is that the tan looked beautiful but only for a couple days. I might think about using a tan extender or putting some lotion on before I use it. Looked very real and color appeared immediately. It out-ran any other self-tanners I've used and how long it takes your tan to appear. It dries rather slow though so you would need to do this when you have time to sit around waiting for it to dry. If you get too close to your skin with the gun it can also be hard to blend in without looking too dark.

This is the best self tanner I've used so far, however, it's the second type I've used so I don't know if that's saying much. I will try more types, though. It was very cheap ($10 at Walgreens). It wasn't bad, just not very convenient to use. First of all, you need someone to spray this on you. I had my husband spray me in the shower and it splattered all over the it and made a huge mess. Secondly, it looked scary on (really splattery and dirty). I was pretty scared that it was going to stay like that. After standing for 20 min. waiting for it to dry, I finally rubbed my skin to rub in any remaining splatters and smears and it still blended and my skin still felt wet. 2 hours after application, I still feel the wetness from the tanning solution and I just don't feel very comfortable or dry. However, I did like how it was tinted...it made me feel like no spots were missed and I also liked the believable tint it immediately gave my skin so I feel like the tan will be very nice. I'm not sure how long it's going to last so I will update on that later. UPDATE: Okay, I noticed as the day progressed that my husband totally missed spots on me and totally saturated my right foot (It was dirt brown) so I was pretty freaked out thinking I was going to be walking around with dark brown and white slashes all over me (although I did like the color of the dark brown tan). I decided to take a bath about 10 hours after application in order to maybe scrub some of it off my foot and anywhere else I was really splotchy. As soon my body hit the water, the stuff came off...and I mean all of it. In fact, it is all now around my neck from floating to the top of the tub. I didn't even have to scrub. In fact, I lifted my foot with scrubber in hand and there was nothing there! I know it had a tint in it so you can see where you applied it, but I think that's all it had! No wonder they lowered the price of it from $18 to $10. It's nothing but bronzer with a promise of DHA.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I bought 4 of these because they were at THE DOLLAR STORE!! They WERE $20.00 at Walmart. Glad to see a couple of decent reviews, because I thought if this stuff ended up at the Dollar Store, it must be crap. I'll try it and update, when I have the time to sit around waiting for it to dry. Unfortunately, I have 6 dogs and a cat that like to lick lotion off of my legs after I put it on, so I'll have to hide somewhere whilst it's drying!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the only self tanner I'm confident enough to use. If you follow the directions exactly it works perfect. It's not orang-y or streaky. I use it by myself. The only suggestions I could make are...using it outside or on a towel is a plus....it comes out of the gun in a mist and it will get on anything around it. I made the mistake of spraying myself in the bathroom and it was all over the floor...on the other hand it's very easy to wipe up.

It lasts about a week...it made my legs feel very smooth. You can find it at Walgreens or Sallys. They even have it in the winter but they keep it in the back...so you have to ask for it. If they're nice enough they'll get it for you.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

My all-time favorite of self-tanners...still trying to locate it again as Wal-Mart and Target do not carry it anymore. It gives me the dark and natural color I love, and it is fairly cheap (about six bucks for the refills). The PP was right when she said the perfect color only lasts a couple days, but I learned to touch up every other day and that made my 'tan' look just amazing. It CAN streak and splotch when putting it on, so you have to apply it according to the directions...and yes, it is beyond messy! Be prepared to do some massive clean up afterwards. But I have yet to find a ST that provides such gorgeous results so I would gladly put up with almost anything.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

worst self tanner on the market. i was SO angry after usin' this stuff it turned out horrible and i'm a self tanner pro.

This product was awful for me. I love getting airbrushed at a salon but it's expensive so i thought this might be a more economical solution. I had my sister apply this to my legs as a test, and I am so glad I tried it before spraying my whole body! This was awful for me. Smelled awful, the application was streaky and the color was the most unatural orange you can imagine. I had horrible, blotchy skin and looked like I had a skin disease. I guess I got what I paid for in this situation. Went right in the trash. To be fair I am very pale, so perhaps if you already had a base tan and you just wanted to deepen your color this might work.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

For a 10 dollar spray tan, I really liked the results. Did it in my stand up shower and then just hosed the shower down when I was done. No streaking or blotching and no gross self tanner smell. Not too dark but a bit of colour which is nice for the start of the summer.
Follow the directions and it is very easy to use.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've got the package with two cartridges, and I know I am ultimately way too cheap to throw the other one out, like any sane person would do. I did like the idea of the "airbrush" dispenser, and I am hoping that with regard to the final result, next time it will be better. Next time--I can't believe I am saying that!!! In truth, I'm sure I will use the other one, if only because I do like the way that the color came out on my arms--AFTER THE GREEN WASHED OFF!!!! I mean, this isn't supposed to have a lime green guide color, is it?? The spray nozzle on mine did not work, and I had to hold down the back of the can to dispense. I used it in the shower, and in truth there was less mess probably even then when I use St. Tropez and apply it by hand. I just turned the shower on and rinsed the GREEN away. If someone else knows that this is supposed to be green, please correct me, but I searched the instructions and could find no such warning. Maybe it is because I am inexperienced with the airbrush (I'm pretty good at self-tanning in general), but here were the final color results for me: my arms are perfect--natural, not orange; comparable to St. Tropez, actually (which is what I normally use). My hands are fine. I applied lotion to my hands, feet, fingers, toes, elbows, knees, and cuticles, and my hands and elbows look natural. With regard to my legs, however, the product was very streaky and ultimately does not seem to have "stuck" very well--it just sank into my pores, and when I took a shower the next day, it just washed off white--not nicely tanned like my arms. My left foot is so horrible that three days later I still cannot wear sandals, despite the precautions I took. My face, like my legs, did not take the color--this has never happened before. But the worst: as I mentioned before, it came out lime green!!! I mean, my whole body, green! It was disgusting! When I use St. Tropez, in a pinch, and if I am careful enough, I can go out right after--the guide color of St. Tropez can be messy, but in and of itself is a nice bronzey color. Thank God I did not use this before I had to go out somewhere. And thank God it is summer and I am not teaching! I did a google search and found some reviews on other sites that showed up where people DID have to go out somewhere and didn't REALIZE that this had turned them green; I think one was a high school senior who used this before their school pictures, poor sod. I was surprised, then, that no one mentioned this on this site, which makes me wonder if, for some reason, this is supposed to happen. Surely not, though, right? With regard to the final color result, I know that some evening I am going to be bored and I'm going to try the other cartridge, knowing that I'll be green until I shower again, but I can't help but wonder if I didn't shake the canister well enough, mis-applied on to my face and legs, etc. In such a case, I will update.