Alima Luminous Shimmer Eyeshadow in Sienna

No Image

Not tested on animals

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Another must try from Alima; a gorgeous, rich coppery bronze brown color that is amazing in the crease or even below lower lid liner. So, so pretty. The texture of these Alima Luminous shimmer shadows is amazing, so smooth and silky, so easy to put on the lid with the brush and also to blend. You don't need a lot of the shadow powder on your brush at all. With all mineral shadows, I use an eyeshadow primer or base, and I usually apply with a semi-dampened brush, either with MAC's Liquid Mixing Medium, or my homemade Fix+ dupe spray, and the lasting power is really extremely good; I got 12+ hours from it on Friday. I am finding that after trying these, I wish I had tried Alima sooner than later, before investing a lot of money in my BE eye collection. They really are superb.

on 12/30/2006 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

I completely agree with the previous reviewer. It is a fabulous coppery brown, just like a penny! I have G5 skin, and medium brown eyes. I would say the eyeshadow is a little bit on the darker side of "medium brown", but not so dark that you are restricted to creating the smokey-eye effect (though looks great like that too). It's perfect if you are trying to go for the bronzy-sunkissed look. Sienna does not lack personality, but if you are looking for something with more colour, try Grace which is basically the same tone, but has a touch of purple--it is also very beautiful. I think the two usually come together in the free samples that Alima gives with purchases. I have both in the full sizes and I love them.

on 10/14/2006 10:29:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

Alima's website calls this a "deep brown"....they are too modest! It's a STUNNING medium copper-brown (think 'brand new penny' pinky-copper) with metallic shimmer and veeerrry subtle sparkle!!! This would be AMAZING on blue eyes; I'm so jealous but I like it on my brown eyes too. Such a sexy shade; I love it on and beyond my lids with my Alima Silk Pearluster e/s to highlight inner eye corners and brow arch with Honey Rose Matte Blush on cheeks, Revlon SL lipstick in Deep Nude for a beautiful fall face. Comes with a sifter. I LOVE ALIMA!!!