Physicians Formula Pearls of Perfection Multi-Colored Highlighter

No Image

2.6

on 6/10/2010 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Do not like this at all, turned my face white and is very hard to get on a brush.

on 11/11/2009 12:44:00 PM

Honestly, I was attracted by the packaging. But only after I got it, I realized how difficult it is to get the the color out fro the pearls. It's a real pain no matter what kind of brush I used. Eventually, I gave up and throw this away. I can't really rate on whether is is a good highlighter or not because at the first place, I can't get enough product out to apply on my face.

on 4/21/2009 6:02:00 AM

I don't think this product has enough shimmer. It's a pain to get enough of the product on a brush anyway! I actually crushed the beads and was easier to apply, but again just not enough shimmer.

on 4/3/2009 12:03:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I discovered this by recommendation. I am a private tutor and during a lesson with a new student I found myself absolutely mesmerized by her skin, which was glowing radiantly before me. She had powdered her whole face with this gorgeous, faintly pearly sheen that was stunningly beautiful. When she told me she had an eighteen year old nephew and that she was turning forty next year, I was floored. I thought she was twenty-five at the most! So, I had to ask, what was she using on her skin? Pearls she told me, and not the expensive ones. Sold! I would have been sold if she'd told me they were expensive and I'm a bargain hunter.

She told me her routine was this: skin care, light foundation, powder on nose and then an all over dusting with the pearls, even the under-eye area. It diminishes the look of wrinkles. Her sister is a make-up artist and taught her this trick.

I ran off immediately after the lesson, consulted Make-up Alley to see who makes pearls, though I suspected PF, then ran to Shoppers Drug Mart and bought this. I've been wearing it, using the Eco Tools Powder Brush. It's easier than my old highlighter routine, which was mixing liquid highlighter with foundation, albeit that was more natural looking. However, this is more youthful looking and makes my dry under-eye lines disappear. It doesn't cake at all, unlike other powders, including my Mac Blot powder, which I had been using under my eyes.

This can be used minimally for a translucent glow, or built up for a more obvious highlighted effect. I like to use a little bit all over my face, with more between my nose and cheeks and on my cheekbones. There are three shades available to suit your skin tone. I'm NC/W 15, use the Light shade and it's a perfect fit.

It's expensive at $20 CAD, but worth it for a quality hypoallergenic product that looks so beautiful. I plan on buying two back-ups as soon as it goes on sale. The packaging is minimalist; a turn off top with a sponge inside you can remove if you are not carrying them in your bag.

I looked at Gosh's pearls while I was in SDM and they were a) very dark and b) very soft. Out of sheer curiosity I looked at 8 different jars and almost half of every jar was crumbled, meaning that the product is too soft and will likely cake on the skin. PF's powder is nice and sheer and feels naked on.
Edit: I am taking this down to a 4 because while I love the effect, it does take awhile to get enough of the Pearl powder on your brush to get said effect. My Mac MSF is faster. However, I still love this product and use it on days when I have more time.

It takes some effort to pick up enough product on my powder brush, but I do love the effect on my skin (PPP, NW15). This leaves me with a really nice glow (not shimmery) that's very natural looking. I sometimes use a little of this to set my sheer, dewy liquid foundation instead of regular powder. It seems to help the foundation last longer without adding a matte effect. Still, I can't see myself repurchasing this in the future. I just don't like paying this much for a drugstore product that's good but not outstanding.

This is a nice highlighter. I use it over my cheeks and eyelids. I find when I use it all over, it makes my skin look strange. There isn't much of a glittery shimmer, just a nice "glow". I will buy again and plan to try the bronzer this summer.

on 4/25/2004 9:32:00 PM

Pretty expensive product (18.99) but I got a 30% discount on it so I thought hey, I'd give it a shot. It doesn't really give me the kind of highlighting I was going for, but it does reduce the shine and finishes smooth. I'm not disappointed with the product, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it again. Good if you're looking for a nice finishing powder, but I wouldn't buy it unless it was half off.

on 8/16/2003 11:39:00 PM

umm... i dont think this stuff really did anything

on 3/11/2003 8:58:00 AM

Useless. I bought them trying to avoid shelling out the money for the Guerlain meteorites, and I returned them the next day. They cost a lot and you don't get much. There is a lot more white in them than the meteorites, which translated to a chalky powdery looking face. I still haven't decided if I notice any huge results with my meteorites, but they are far superior to these PF pearls of perfection.

on 3/18/2002 12:03:00 AM

This is very similar to YSL Meteorites but a LOT cheaper. It really gives me a glow. Kind of pricey for a drug store item.