Physicians Formula Pearls of Perfection Multi-Colored Highlighter

No Image

3.0

on 3/18/2002 12:03:00 AM

This is very similar to YSL Meteorites but a LOT cheaper. It really gives me a glow. Kind of pricey for a drug store item.

on 3/11/2003 8:58:00 AM

Useless. I bought them trying to avoid shelling out the money for the Guerlain meteorites, and I returned them the next day. They cost a lot and you don't get much. There is a lot more white in them than the meteorites, which translated to a chalky powdery looking face. I still haven't decided if I notice any huge results with my meteorites, but they are far superior to these PF pearls of perfection.

on 5/30/2003 4:01:00 PM

LOVELY. This is a gorgeous highlighter that is subtle enough to use on your whole face. I hate blush and never wear it, but a little dusting of this on my cheeks gives my face SUCH a glow. Very beautiful and I'm quite glad I didn't shell out the $$$ for the Meteorites and instead got this via swapping, because this does exactly the same thing and it is not something I would use on a daily basis! Perfect when you want a little something extra, though. :)

on 6/3/2003 9:19:00 AM

At first I didn't really notice a difference, or even anything at all. After a little frustration, I broke up all of the pearls into loose powder and it works fine now. I guess my makeup brush just wasn't picking anything up from the pearls. I only gave it three lippies because I had to break them all up but, it's a nice powder and would purchase again.

on 8/16/2003 11:39:00 PM

umm... i dont think this stuff really did anything

on 4/25/2004 9:32:00 PM

Pretty expensive product (18.99) but I got a 30% discount on it so I thought hey, I'd give it a shot. It doesn't really give me the kind of highlighting I was going for, but it does reduce the shine and finishes smooth. I'm not disappointed with the product, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it again. Good if you're looking for a nice finishing powder, but I wouldn't buy it unless it was half off.

on 1/31/2005 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have wanted the Guerlain Les Meteorites for a long time, but I didn't want to shell out the $$$ for it and I couldn't swap for it, so I bought this drugstore version instead. The Physicians Formula looks like the Guerlain ones--a bunch of multicolored little pearls. I have not actually tried the Guerlain version so I cannot really compare the two. I can say that the Physicians Formula one is not as pigmented as I had hoped. I have to really swirl my brush over the pearls with some pressure over and over again to get any product onto my brush. But, once I pick up some product, the effect is really lovely. On my Stila D/E yellow undertoned MMM skin, it imparts a pretty soft glow to wherever I apply it and it brightens the area right up. I like to apply it above my cheek bones, above my temples, down the bridge of my nose, and around my eye area. It has a very very slight shimmer to it which is exactly what imparts that subtle glow. I am unsure if I will repurchase as it seems a bit too pricey at around $22. I think about half that price is more reasonable for this product.

This is a nice highlighter. I use it over my cheeks and eyelids. I find when I use it all over, it makes my skin look strange. There isn't much of a glittery shimmer, just a nice "glow". I will buy again and plan to try the bronzer this summer.

on 1/24/2006 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I don't recommed this product because of the packaging. It slipped out of my hand one evening and there were pearls everywhere. Very annoying!

Otherwise, it's okay as a highlighter, but nothing really special.

It takes some effort to pick up enough product on my powder brush, but I do love the effect on my skin (PPP, NW15). This leaves me with a really nice glow (not shimmery) that's very natural looking. I sometimes use a little of this to set my sheer, dewy liquid foundation instead of regular powder. It seems to help the foundation last longer without adding a matte effect. Still, I can't see myself repurchasing this in the future. I just don't like paying this much for a drugstore product that's good but not outstanding.