Jergens Shea Butter Lotion

Jergens Shea Butter Lotion
Shea Butter Lotion

4.6

WATER, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), CETEARYL ALCOHOL, GLYCERIN, PETROLATUM, CETEARETH-20, HYDROXYETHYL UREA, MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER, THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA) SEED BUTTER, ETHYLHEXYL ISONONANOATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, OCTYLDODECYL MYRISTATE, HYDROGENATED POLYDECENE, CETYL ESTERS, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, FRAGRANCE, ISOHEXADECANE, C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, STEARIC ACID, CARBOMER, MINERAL OIL, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN

Finally found my HG body lotion. Previously, it was Eucerin Calming Creme, but that stuff was pretty pricey. I also like Mountain Ocean Skin Trip, but that's not easy to find where I live.

Here's what I like about Jergens Shea Butter lotion:

-Easy to find and buy. I don't have to hunt around to buy it, or coordinate an online order. Jergens is a ubiquitous brand, and this lotion is everywhere.
-It's cheap. I can really slather it on if I need to without thinking about price.
-It smells good. Just a soft, inoffensive and fairly neutral shea smell. Not strong enough to clash with your fragrance.
-The bottle isn't unattractive.

Most importantly for me, the lotion itself is very moisturizing. When my skin feels really tight and dry, I can apply this once and it'll do the trick. I really can't stand those lotions that are so absorbent that you feel like you haven't applied them at all. I like to know that I just put on lotion. But I also don't like those lotions that just sit on top of your skin and make you feel sticky. This lotion is the perfect balance.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love all the Jergen lotions!! I normally get the cherry almond scent but opted for this one to try something new. For some reason, the shea butter scent reminds me of starburst candy!

This lotion is a bit thicker compared to the other ones. Definitely moisturizes skin without feeling greasy and thick. I wear this during day and night. Gives my skin a nice glow. Definitely would repurchase!

To Read all 117 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/31/2016 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product based on the reviews here. I have to admit that it is really good as a moisturiser but it feels a little bit heavy and sticky on the skin so it is not the most comfortable feeling. Also it needs an effort to apply. I eventually bought 3 bottles but looking for something better.

on 6/24/2015 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product based on all the positive reviews on here and I'm glad I did. I bought the smaller 240ml bottle first to try it out in case it didn't work out but I think I will buy the full size afterwards. this body lotion is so soft and creamy. it blends really well into the skin and has the Shea butter scent to it which is not overpowering. it's quite smooth to apply and hydrating as well. it is not sticky or greasy after application. it's all around a great body lotion. I'm glad I checked out the reviews. the packaging is good too as the lotion comes out easily. the color of the lotion is basically white with a hint of brown color to it (or at least in my washroom lighting). I would suggest smelling the scent in store before buying in case the scent does not suit your smell. overall, I think this is a great product, especially because it is a cheap drugstore brand. love it. would definitely recommend!

on 6/20/2015 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It is overall a very mediocre lotion. It smells nice and the lotion does moisturize like any other moisturizer, but I am looking for something better than mediocre. This lotion does not achieve that goal.

on 5/18/2015 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was surprised by this deep conditioning moisturizer. I got a sample of this and I'll probably buy the full size, it's that nice !

The smell is nice, warm and soft without being too strong, it doesnt linger but still is nice when you put it on!

The feeling is really great on the skin, not sticky or greasy, but perfectly moisturized and soft to the touch!

All-in-all, great lotion ! If you're using Beautypedia from Paula's Choice, check out the review for this one, it's a great review too!

on 4/1/2015 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This lotion smells awsome! It does rehydrate your skin and leaves it smooth and silky! I pair it with the shea beauty oil in jergens. And it works wonders! My skin is smoother then ever! Love it!

on 2/2/2015 9:35:00 PM

I have been using this product for a few weeks now and have really noticed a difference in my dry skin. My skin is no longer flaky or feels tight, but very smooth and soft. Product has a good consistency and it does not feel sticky during our Australian summer months. The fragrance is lovely and lingers for most of the day without being too overpowering. I will definitely be re-purchasing this again and look forward to trying some of the other Jergens products on the market.

on 11/19/2014 1:28:00 AM

This lotion smells amaxing like rich nutty goodness. I hated it in the summer, it felt like I was applying butter cream frosting to my legs but its very nice in the winter. My skin feels very comfortable and my hands arent greasy at all. This is so much better than the over priced cetaphil lotion I just finished.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

IN LOVE, IN LOVE, IN LOVE! I have actually been using this lotion for a while now. I always get compliments on my skin complexion and my "glow". I use the Jergens body oil every night after shower or bath and the lotion in the mooring when I wake before I put on my clothes. I would definitely recommend this to anyone. Especially darker tones you can really see a difference.