Avon Naturals Vanilla Antibacterial Hand Gel

No Image

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Bought a few of these in the travel size to throw in my purse or backpack. Nice scent and the Vanilla smell that lingers after drying is nice and not overpowering. I like that this does not have a huge alcohol door like some of the other hand sanitizers that are on the market. I liked the gel like consistency of this product. I find with some of the other hand sanitizers they are often watery which results in too much getting poured out and being wasted, or spilling over and off of your hands.

on 3/29/2011 7:34:00 PM

Love the scent, I buy lots of these and I throw one in my kids backpacks for school.

on 10/17/2010 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

As of right now, this is my favorite ant-bacterial hand gel. I purchased this for 99 cents (woohoo!) and it is a great product. The gel has a good consistency and I feel like it's really doing its job. The scent of vanilla comes in after the stong smell of alcohol dies down a little bir. It smells pleasant. I really don't like that hard liquor smell of other hand gels and sanitizers, so this is pretty nice. My one and only gripe is about the cap. Sometimes it's really hard to get it off. This usually takes extra effort. Other than that, the packaging is really nice. I will repurchase because I'm a vanilla lover and a total germophobe. So this is an HG product for me.

on 8/31/2010 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I always keep antibacterial hand gel at work, and this is one of my favorites. Not only its 99 cents for 2.5 fl oz which is a great buy, because even the store brand ones sell 1oz or 2oz for this price. It doesnt dry out my hands and it smells lovely.

on 8/16/2010 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I purchased this and the frangipani scent.
The scent of the avon hand gels are just way too strong and overpowering to the point where I hate it.
The consistency is very runny and watery.The packaging is very silly, it just in a basic tub, soo literally I have to put my dirty fingers in the tub to scoop the gel out and contaminate the rest of the gel.
Next time I'll just stick to my Aqium or Detol.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yummy vanilla scent, good consistency. Will definitely clash with your perfume, and has a lasting odor, so be forewarned!
The main thing I like about this is that it uses alcohol to kill grems/bacteria and does not contain Triclosan or any other specifically "antibacterial" chemicals that cause bacterial resistance (meaning that the bacteria become immune to the chemical, or morph to find a way around it-in the meantime, this can also make the bacteria resistant to antibiotics-creating a HUGE problem).

Also love Avon as it is old school grassroots, plus they paved the way for huge cosmetics companies to eliminate animal testing by adopting a no-vivisection policy years ago.

The inherently drying qualities of alcohol are overcome in this product by the addition of carbomer, aloe, hydroxypropylcellulose, and glycerin. I gave it a 4 out of only because of some artificial colorants and a preservative.

Ingredients:

Water, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract, Aloe Barabadensis extract, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Hydroxypropylcellulose, Fragrance, Benzophenone-2,Orange 4, Yellow 5, Ext Violet 2.

on 10/31/2009 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I saw this on sale and decided to get some now that flu season is upon us. After the alcohol evaporates it smells just like buttercream frosting! I love to use it just because of this, and it doesn't dry my hands out!

on 5/26/2008 10:59:00 PM

This is a really good product. I keep it in my drawer at work and use it often. It leaves my hands feeling soft and the smell is lovely. Will definitely buy again when it is on a special.

on 11/27/2006 12:04:00 PM

I just got this on sale for $1.99 at Avon.com, with free shipping. I needed a pick-me-up to get me through my frustrating work-days. This is a very nice alternative to other hand sanitizers! The alcohol makes it smell like vanilla vodka at first, but it fades quickly. I am pleasantly surprised that this formula is pretty hydrating - must be the aloe. The 2.5 fl oz tube is nice for my desk, but I wish they had a mini-purse size - perhaps they do, and I didn't see it? A nice faint vanilla extract scent. Much better than those overwhelming soapy florals, or sickening fake berry scents, that store-brand hand sanitizers have. A definite repurchase, but I think I'll wait for sales and stock up! :D

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This smells great! Great I tell you!

I've taken to using antibacterial hand gel often since I've been sick the past month and a half and my immune system is shot. I need all the help I can get *heh*. I was just buying cheap antibacterial gel at the drugstore that didn't really smell good. Then I saw this on sale on Avon's website and decided to give it a go.

The gel actually feels moisturizing to my hands and it smells so amazing....like vanilla cake. Screw B&BW's Warm Vanilla Sugar Antibacterial hand gel...this is way better. I'll buy this full price...on sale..whatever.
continued >>