Bobbi Brown Instant Long-Wear Makeup Remover

Bobbi Brown Instant Long-Wear Makeup Remover

Water, Isohexadecane, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trisiloxane, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, PEG-4 Dilaurate, Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Dipotassium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm actually pleasantly surprised by how much I like this remover, as I've been underwhelmed by other bi-phase removers I've tried. It did a thorough job removing my eye makeup, without stinging my eyes even a little bit.

I saturated a shiseido cotton pad, then held it over my eye makeup for about 20 seconds before wiping. I was able to use the other side of the pad to remove the makeup from my other eye. There was a slight oily residue, but I always was my face after removing my makeup, so this was a non-issue for me.

on 11/11/2015 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a 2-phase eye makeup remover, so the bottle must be shaken before putting the product onto a cotton pad. It is very similar to products offered by Neutrogena, Lance and especially Clinique's Take the Day Off in the purple bottle.

In general, I am not really a fan of the oily residue that this type cleanser leaves, but on the plus side the silicones in these 2-phase removers ensure a rather easy removal of long-wear products without much tugging on the lids and around the sensitive, fragile eye area. I usually follow this remover with a regular 1-phase remover, for instance Clinique Gentle in the blue bottle, to get rid of the oily residue. While this Instant Long-Wear cleanser is effective I think it's also markedly overpriced, especially in comparison to Clinique's product, hence I am deducting two lippies. The Bobbi Brown remover comes in a 3.4oz bottle for $26 whereas the Clinique is $19 for 4.2oz.

To Read all 29 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/11/2015 6:41:00 PM

I got a generous sample bottle of this from bobbi brown's website. I find it a little bit odd that it is called makeup remover but it is actually EYE makeup remover. Anyway, this has to be shaken because it has oil in it. It removes most of my eye makeup but not all of it. This isn't exactly a stellar result since I don't wear waterproof mascara or gel eyeliner. It is also pretty oily, which is a little scary for me since I wear contact lenses. I will definitely use the bottle up because it isn't terrible, but I won't be buying it. Bifacil by Lancôme is the best eye makeup remover of this type that I've used.

on 9/4/2015 9:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I got a deluxe sample of this from Nordstrom and tried it out to remove my eye makeup when my eyes were itchy, sore and irritated and I knew my other eye make up remover (simple) would sting and burn which I wanted to avoid. I was pleasantly surprised - it did not irritate my eyes at all, felt soothing and did an excellent job of removing all my eye make up - mascara, liner, eyeshadow, brow powder/pomade and primer- it all came off very easily, and my eyes felt much better after I took off the make up with this. It seems to be and oil and water mix type which I haven't used much before but I really liked it and might repurchase when I run out of this sample.

on 4/21/2014 5:51:00 AM

I hate this product. Sorry, but I do.

It leaves my skin and the area around my eyes soo oily. And it does not do a perfect job in removing eye makeup, either.

EDIT - I´ve started wearing long-wear eye make-up and have gone through several bottles of this. Ok, it leaves my eye area oily, but it just MELTS my hard-wearing eye gels / liners off!

Hate the packaging though, it is so easy to drop it and break it.

on 3/8/2014 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got a sample of this from Sephora and it's been a long-time repeat buy since then. The consistancy is like water, so you have to apply it real fast before it runs off of your hands. It's as gentle as water; simply non-irritating and super effective. I can feel the clumps of my waterproof mascara fall off of my lashes when applied. I never used a makeup remover before, but this improves the make-up removal process; it comes off much faster with it and leaves your skin soft and moist.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I didn't think this was a good makeup remover at all, especially considering the price. I normally stick to the drugstore when it comes to makeup remover. I got a deluxe sample of this from I used this and then washed my face. Later I noticed I still had on quite a bit of eye makeup, especially under my eyes. Overall, I am not impressed.

on 3/24/2012 6:45:00 PM

Even though this product is a little pricey, it is amazing. It does exactly what it is supposed to do.

I used one pad per eye (after shaking the bottle to mix the liquid) added a small amount onto the pad and held it onto my eye for about 5 seconds and then swiped down and it took almost all of my mascara and eyeshadow off. Second swipe up to get the excess mascara off and I was good to go!

I love the product and I loved the bottle! I would love to buy it again but I am now looking into buying more organic and chemical free products.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Originally I got this as a sample from Sephora and I liked it so much that I bought the full size. However I do not think I will repurchase, because after using it for a month I like it less. I feel that I have to use quite a bit of it, and even then I have rub hard to get my stubborn mascara (Benefit They're Real) off. Despite the name, the removal is not instant at all. Even after several minutes of soaking and rubbing, I still have raccoon eyes in the morning. It doesn't take it all off. I don't mind the slightly oily feel - it comes off anyway when I wash my face and it's never made my sensitive skin have a bad reaction. Doesn't sting my eyes or leave a film on my contacts. Overall, it just seems so average and there are lots of drugstore brands that offer the same thing. For now, I would rather use MUFE SensEyes, though that one isn't quite perfect either.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have been on the hunt for an eye makeup remover that WORKS.. (i wear waterproof mascara and eyeliner everyday) my latest try was this one by bobbi brown and to no avail ..i'm still waiting for it to remove my black liner in my waterline... which i'll try for continuously every night ..will continue to hope till the bottle is empty half way there tho...
ok it won't