Merle Norman Luxiva Vinyl Lipcolor - Glam Jam [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

POLYBUTENE, TRIDECYL TRIMELLITATE, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, C18-36 ACID TRIGLYCERIDE, DIISOSTERYL MALATE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, TRIBEHENIN, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), JOJOBA ESTERS, TETRAHEXYLDECL ASCORBATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, BHT, PHENOXYETHANOL, FRAGRANCE, MAY CONTAIN ( /-): BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE, BLUE 1 LAKE, BRONZE POWDER, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, CARMINE, COPPER POWDER, IRON OXIDES, MICA, MANGANESE VIOLET, ORANGE 5 LAKE, RED 6 LAKE, RED 7 LAKE, RED 21, RED 27 LAKE, RED 30 LAKE, RED 33 LAKE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, TALC, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, YELLOW 5 LAKE, YELLOW 6 LAKE, ZINC OXIDE.

on 1/9/2010 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I spend a lot of time reading MUA, and remembered some bad experiences with Merle Norman color products, back in the mid 80s. Well, apparently they have some new tricks up their sleeve! I stopped in today and picked up this gloss. I asked the SA which one had some "stain" when it wore off, and she said this one did. I immediately gravitate to reddish, plum colors, and I have to say, this is gorgeous, and the feel is comfortable. It lasted on me (when the gloss faded after 2-3 hours) for 4-5 hours, at least a hint of the stain! I returned L'Oreal Infallable lippie today, Sangria, while, although a gorgeous color felt like absolute shellac on my lips. I also got Jolted Mauve and it's gorgeous too, just a little more pinky raspberry. I can't wait to assess the color tomorrow! At $18 a pop, they aren't cheap. But, so far, both these stay and look beautiful and do not give a "dry" appearance to my 54 year old lips. I highly recommend giving these a try!

on 12/29/2008 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the most beautiful color ever! Love it and the color stays for quite awhile.. I am always looking for lasting color. Can't say enough about this product.

on 12/16/2008 9:17:00 AM

I use to work for Merle Norman and quite honestly..there hasn't been too many products that I didn't like. I knew I would love this when I saw it. The color is gorgeous! So I bought it, but because it is so bright...I hadn't had a chance to wear it until last weekend. I can not believe how long it stayed on!!! What a beautiful color. It is very appropriate for the holidays and even if it wore off a little..it almost stained my lips underneath so the color lived on! It is not quite red but is perfect for those who feel that they cant pull red off..this would be their perfect color. I am wearing this through christmas and on new years eve!!! :)

on 10/10/2006 11:03:00 AM

I love lipstick. It's my addiction. I try different brands, textures, colors, high end, low end and middle of the road. Meryl Norman is my very favorite, especially this Vinyl Lip formulation. I can't find one single product anywhere that even remotely compares to it. I find I need bright lipsticks or I look washed out. I can't wear pale colors well and forget anything that's warm. Glam Jam is a cool, bright reddish, rosey, wine, plummy color. People often refer to it as red on me. It's very glamorous looking. I love the shine and the comfort of this product. It lasts on me longer than any other lipstick I've ever tried. I keep trying to find other lipsticks I like as well but haven't. If I were forced to keep only keep one lip product, this is it!