MAC Liquidlast Liner - Point Black

MAC Liquidlast Liner - Point Black
Waking up after 14 hours in MAC Fluidline.Liquidlast Liner - Point Black M.A.C. liquidlast liner

4.1

Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium hectorite, Sorbitan tristearate, Ascorbyl palmitate, Caprylyl glycol, Hexylene glycol, Propylene carbonate, Hydrogenated palm kernel glycerides, Hydrogenated palm glycerides, Phytosteryl isostearate, BHT, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)]

I live in a hot & humid country AND I have hooded eyes. This has been a godsend!
I put it on at 10 in the morning & it lasts for 12+hours easily.

It is easily removed with olive oil & I actually soak a q-tip in olive oil & take off excess liner & make it neat. I use a seperate liner brush to put this on.

However, this sort of starts crumbling, like a mascara flakes. But only at the end of the day after 10+ hours easily. So that's alright in my eyes.

The formula can dry out so I dont keep the fan switched on when I'm putting this on. Just a tip, lol.

Tl;dr: lovely formula, almost iron-clad, kind of expensive but so worth it in the longer run.

Although I am a gel-liner girl at heart, this Liquidlast Liner is a beast. I bought it after watching Adele makeup tutorial and was instantly drawn to its super black colour intensity.

I think that it is reasonably priced, but if you are not used to liquid liners, this is not what a product you should start practicing with. It sets pretty fast and once it is fully matte, good luck trying to make it move or "look sharper" with a q tip and micellar water or anything like that. It is the most bulletproof eyeliner I have ever tried: it stays put all day long, doesn't smear, flake, smudge or anything like that. If you want to see swatches/makeup look and application tips then check my post here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/06/21/MAC-Haul-Something-New-Something-Old-Something-Gifted) but overall I am very glad I picked it up. If you are familiar with liquid liners in general, you will truly enjoy it.

on 6/2/2017 9:01:00 PM

I am a gel or pencil girl and typically do not like liquid. I should preface this review by saying that I am also not good at applying it.

This is actually the messiest application of any liner I have used, but i use it anyway because it is head and shoulders above all other liners. It catches on my lashes, difficult to put it where intended, and makes a big mess. I could never do a clean line with it. I've gotten better about holding the wand horizontally and just pressing into the lash line. But sometimes when it appears to be going on right, it is still a jagged mess.

The formula wears better than anything I have ever tried. It is smooth, intense black and can really reshape your eye beautifully. There is nothing else like it. It stays on all night and then some, without smudging or fading.

I don't like to spend more than 5 minutes on makeup. To put this on fairly quickly, I try to dot this as close to the lashline as I can, but most times I will mess it up. I just run my finger over it to work it into the lashline, with makeup remover inhand to wipe away the excess. If I mess up really badly, I'll just put a swipe of eyeshadow or soft pencil over the line to blend it. Alternatively, I'll just run my gel liner brush along the liquid wand and apply it with that. Once it's on, it stays all day. And it is almost like semi-permanent makeup because if I don't dutifully scrub off every last bit, then it is still hanging around days later.

This is 100% reliable for me even in the most humid weather when my gel fades and smudges. I can't say that about any other product. I think of Mac as one of the 'harsher' brands in terms of ingredients and what I want to put on my skin every day. But this actually doesn't irritate my eyes or cause any of that black soot build up in the corners (even when worn for days longer than I really should ;)).

I have oily eyelids so I can't use just any eyeliner. All of them just smudge and leave prints all over my eyelids. I bought this eyeliner some years back and I was immediately impressed by its staying power on my lids.. No smudging, no flaking like the rest of them. It stayed exactly where I applied it all day. I don't know why but I just kept searching for my perfect eyeliner.. That was a mistake. There is nothing better than this one for oily eyelids.. And I tried a lot.. The only issue I have is that it dries very quickly.. Yes, it takes a little time to learn to use it precisely but I guess it is worthy. :-)

on 1/1/2017 9:29:00 PM

I was hesitant to buy this because I noticed a lot of complaints about the liquid brush applicator being hard to use. I consider products carefully before I buy, and come back and test them more than once, comparing them against others for performance when I can. In this case, I needed a high-performance waterproof eyeliner that will stand up to anything - swimming, sweating, eyes watering (I'm a blinker and most mascaras and eyeliners will smudge on me). Add to that the heat and humidity of an Australian Queensland summer, nothing less than completely waterproof for me will do. In Winter, I might get by with a Colorstay or ProLongwear Eyeliner IF I make sure I check it throughout the day (or night) to adjust for any smudges. In Summer, not a chance.

Short answer if you don't have time to read further: The Mac Liquidlast Waterproof Eyeliner is the ONLY product I have encountered that will do this job and it kicks-arse 100% over any other "waterproof" eyeliner I have tried.

I don't use this for everyday. It's expensive, and a little inconvenient for me to apply to my top lid (no problem with underlining my eyes - I don't line in the waterline; I go along where my lashes are underneath). The only reasons I have problems with my top lid are:

(a) Lid transfer. I have "hooded" lids. My skin tends to overlap onto my lids, so ANY eyeliner I use will smudge up onto my area just above the eyelid crease, causing me to have to wipe it off afterwards, and possibly again later as non-waterproof eyeliners will continue to transfer long after they are applied in my case. Because this is liquid, it takes a while to dry, so I have to be patient (which I am not) and keep my lid closed until it dries in order to avoid transfer to my upper lids/orbit. However, once it IS dry, it doesn't transfer. I can never wait that long though. I can't even wait 30 seconds. Ten seconds is forever in make-up land, especially when you have to do it for each eye and your husband and kids are hassling you.

(b) Waiting for it to dry. As mentioned above. However, this is two points in one because if I was able to wait for it to dry, I don't think it would transfer.

Regarding the "annoying" applicator brush: I have absolutely no problem with the applicator brush. All liquid-liner brushes take getting used to and most are more annoying and "globby" than this one. I found this better than most I had tried. When it comes to liquid liner applicators the only thing I have found better are the flexible pen-type, as on the Stila waterproof eyeliner. The Stila product is great, but it is not truly waterproof, no matter what the reps tell you. Maybe if it lasts on them, they are being very careful in the water, or not putting their head under or something. The Stila applicator and product is great for the cooler months in Australia, and for me, not something you could swim in. As it's cheaper, and easier to apply, and dries faster, I'd buy it to use when I don't need something heavy duty. It's more "colourstayish" than "waterproof".

MAC Liquidlast Removal: It removes easily with coconut oil, which is what I always use to remove make-up anyway. No need to purchase special make-up remover products.

Product comparison:

When I placed the Mac ProLongwear Eyeliner (which someone tried to suggest to me would be waterproof-ish) and the Stila waterproof Liquid eyeliner and the Stila Waterproof pencil eyeliner, they compared as follows:

Stila Waterproof PENCIL smudged less and stayed on SLIGHTLY longer than the Mac ProLongwear PENCIL eyeliner (which isn't really supposed to be "waterproof" though some reps might suggest it is, probably because it works for them personally, who knows?) The Stila pencil is cheaper. So I bought one, because I wanted a pencil liner to alternate with my more expensive MAC liquidliner. I have realised now that the Stila pencil is not waterproof, and though it stays better than most pencils, it still runs and smudges on me in Summer. So this can only be a winter thing for me and if I wear in Summer I have to check regularly and touch up.

The Stila Waterproof Stay All Day LIQUID has a great brush felt-tip pen style applicator which is very easy to use, it dries fast for a liquid, but it is only slightly more waterproof (ie not waterproof) or long-staying than the pencils mentioned above. It is less likely to run or smudge on it's own than the above, but if you rub a finger against it, it smudges just as easily as the pencils. On me anyway. Bottom line - it's not really waterproof - just good staying power and still not good enough for me - a tearer, a sweater, a swimmer, and a victim of humidity. I like it though. When my Stila pencil runs out, I might buy this instead to alternate with the MAC liquid, because it's cheaper, easier to control the applicator, dries faster, and stays on better than everything except the MAC. Not for swimming though, no matter what the rep tells you.

On the back of my hand, the above three (Mac ProLongwear Pencil, Stila waterproof pencil, Stila waterproof eyeliner) all smudged when I rubbed my hand across them (after waiting a couple of minutes). They're not smudgeproof. They washed or faded off my hands with water, came off with soap/normal cleansing at end of day without particular attention to the area.

The MAC Liquidlast was still on my hand three days later, clear as when first applied, unsmudged, no running, and only came off when I finally decided to apply some coconut oil. (My husband kept asking what that line was.)

Despite being the only one that delivers what it says - WATERPROOF, and LONG-LASTING, I wouldn't use this every day because of (a) the cost and (b) my hooded lid problem making application to my top lid difficult. If not for these, I would wear it every day. I really like it. You can leave it and never worry, "Is my make-up running?"

Will I repurchase? Absolutely. For it's purpose,

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my holy grail eyeliner. I've tried so many because I have oily skin and eyelids and everything seemed to just smudge and slide off, making me look like a panda, I would have black undereyes no matter what eyeliner I used. However, this eyeliner is the answer. I no longer get black undereyes despite my oily eyelids and skin and it doesn't budge apart from using a good makeup remover. I even went Swimming/snorkelling/water activities and it stayed. I also do night shifts, and I'd put it on at 7pm, and the eyeliner is still there at 12noon. Best eyeliner ever, once I found this I've never looked elsewhere. It's hard to apply at first, but with practice it becomes alright. I'm neutral with the packaging, but I love the staying power to bits.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

THIS IS NOT BEING DISCONTINUED, I REPEAT "NOT DISCONTINUED" according to Barbara at MAC I am happy to report. I emailed them asking. Well what can I say, this sooty inky black eyeliner is very waterproof the wear is incredible! Don't let the diminutive size fool you, there is twice as much net weight of this liquid than Urban Decay 24/7 perversion liner I know coz I looked on the bottom & UD has 1.7ml & MAC 2.5ml literally double for same price pointe & UD used to be my HG but I haven't touched my UD now that I got MAC liquidlast. It's not that hard to remove, the MAC Cleanse Off Oil or Magic Makeup Erasers will take it off. Not sure how else to take it off but if I make a mistake no big deal I let it dry & use a qtip to flake it off. This stuff is legendary!! HG for sure! I use it on top lash like to bring the wing out line the entire lashline then use MAC Modern Twist Kakal in Cats Meow to do tight/waterline real close on the rim. Finish w In Dimension mascara my basic WP eye! I wear eyeshadow top of course w it. I'm in lurve w my MAC X15 palettes & Look In A Box palettes. Also love Tinashe X9 (& my 3 other X9 palettes, 2 luxe palettes & many singles). MAC is my fave brand. You simply have got to try this liquid liner if you like liquid & U like it to stay in place in hot weather, sweating, calisthenics, alien invasion........

Downtown triple crown!!!!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

This use to be my one and only liquid eyeliner, I would swear by it however the brush is so hard to use and depending on luck with the brush you get with it, it can be really brittle and actually irritate you while applying the makeup.
I loved it because it lasts all day and night !!! No smudging and with very little fading.
But it was way too hard to use and the brush made it really uncomfortable.
I ended up switching to Stila stay 24 hr liquid eyeliner pen because it is so much easier to use, even though it doesn't last as long.
If Mac was to change it's product packaging to make it more user friendly and consistent , I would go back to it in a heart beat :)

on 7/6/2016 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this eyeliner, it really lasts all day long and does not smudges. I have oily lids and I yawn a lot throughout the day so all pencil eyeliners used to make me look as a racoon at the end of the day.

There are just a couple of things I dislike a bit: the brush takes a lot of product out making it harder to apply and it becomes thicker as it runs out which makes it worse.

It may not be cheap, but using it on a daily basis it lasts me three months approximately. I found it perfect for the cat eye look but not for full eyelining as the time I tried to apply it on the bottom of my eyes, it stuck horribly into my eyelashes.

First off let me say that the formula of this is the best I've ever had. It doesn't flake or smudge, even through lots of sweat and tears. However, it's also one of the worse eyeliners I've ever had.
The applicator makes it impossible to achieve that crisp wing everyone desires and the liquid gets so messy and clumps up my eyelashes so my mascara looked cheap. If you're a makeup genius then maybe this will work for you, but I'm no makeup artists although I have been doing my winged liner for years and would say I'm good at it. But this is just not for me. I'd say the price is too high for what it is, so I wouldn't be purchasing again. I've started using the NYX liquid liners and I find that it has the same long wear affect with easy application and is less than half the price and works the same.