MAC Liquidlast Liner - Point Black

MAC Liquidlast Liner - Point Black
Waking up after 14 hours in MAC Fluidline.Liquidlast Liner - Point Black M.A.C. liquidlast liner

4.1

Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium hectorite, Sorbitan tristearate, Ascorbyl palmitate, Caprylyl glycol, Hexylene glycol, Propylene carbonate, Hydrogenated palm kernel glycerides, Hydrogenated palm glycerides, Phytosteryl isostearate, BHT, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)]

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my holy grail eyeliner. I've tried so many because I have oily skin and eyelids and everything seemed to just smudge and slide off, making me look like a panda, I would have black undereyes no matter what eyeliner I used. However, this eyeliner is the answer. I no longer get black undereyes despite my oily eyelids and skin and it doesn't budge apart from using a good makeup remover. I even went Swimming/snorkelling/water activities and it stayed. I also do night shifts, and I'd put it on at 7pm, and the eyeliner is still there at 12noon. Best eyeliner ever, once I found this I've never looked elsewhere. It's hard to apply at first, but with practice it becomes alright. I'm neutral with the packaging, but I love the staying power to bits.

on 1/1/2017 9:29:00 PM

I was hesitant to buy this because I noticed a lot of complaints about the liquid brush applicator being hard to use. I consider products carefully before I buy, and come back and test them more than once, comparing them against others for performance when I can. In this case, I needed a high-performance waterproof eyeliner that will stand up to anything - swimming, sweating, eyes watering (I'm a blinker and most mascaras and eyeliners will smudge on me). Add to that the heat and humidity of an Australian Queensland summer, nothing less than completely waterproof for me will do. In Winter, I might get by with a Colorstay or ProLongwear Eyeliner IF I make sure I check it throughout the day (or night) to adjust for any smudges. In Summer, not a chance.

Short answer if you don't have time to read further: The Mac Liquidlast Waterproof Eyeliner is the ONLY product I have encountered that will do this job and it kicks-arse 100% over any other "waterproof" eyeliner I have tried.

I don't use this for everyday. It's expensive, and a little inconvenient for me to apply to my top lid (no problem with underlining my eyes - I don't line in the waterline; I go along where my lashes are underneath). The only reasons I have problems with my top lid are:

(a) Lid transfer. I have "hooded" lids. My skin tends to overlap onto my lids, so ANY eyeliner I use will smudge up onto my area just above the eyelid crease, causing me to have to wipe it off afterwards, and possibly again later as non-waterproof eyeliners will continue to transfer long after they are applied in my case. Because this is liquid, it takes a while to dry, so I have to be patient (which I am not) and keep my lid closed until it dries in order to avoid transfer to my upper lids/orbit. However, once it IS dry, it doesn't transfer. I can never wait that long though. I can't even wait 30 seconds. Ten seconds is forever in make-up land, especially when you have to do it for each eye and your husband and kids are hassling you.

(b) Waiting for it to dry. As mentioned above. However, this is two points in one because if I was able to wait for it to dry, I don't think it would transfer.

Regarding the "annoying" applicator brush: I have absolutely no problem with the applicator brush. All liquid-liner brushes take getting used to and most are more annoying and "globby" than this one. I found this better than most I had tried. When it comes to liquid liner applicators the only thing I have found better are the flexible pen-type, as on the Stila waterproof eyeliner. The Stila product is great, but it is not truly waterproof, no matter what the reps tell you. Maybe if it lasts on them, they are being very careful in the water, or not putting their head under or something. The Stila applicator and product is great for the cooler months in Australia, and for me, not something you could swim in. As it's cheaper, and easier to apply, and dries faster, I'd buy it to use when I don't need something heavy duty. It's more "colourstayish" than "waterproof".

MAC Liquidlast Removal: It removes easily with coconut oil, which is what I always use to remove make-up anyway. No need to purchase special make-up remover products.

Product comparison:

When I placed the Mac ProLongwear Eyeliner (which someone tried to suggest to me would be waterproof-ish) and the Stila waterproof Liquid eyeliner and the Stila Waterproof pencil eyeliner, they compared as follows:

Stila Waterproof PENCIL smudged less and stayed on SLIGHTLY longer than the Mac ProLongwear PENCIL eyeliner (which isn't really supposed to be "waterproof" though some reps might suggest it is, probably because it works for them personally, who knows?) The Stila pencil is cheaper. So I bought one, because I wanted a pencil liner to alternate with my more expensive MAC liquidliner. I have realised now that the Stila pencil is not waterproof, and though it stays better than most pencils, it still runs and smudges on me in Summer. So this can only be a winter thing for me and if I wear in Summer I have to check regularly and touch up.

The Stila Waterproof Stay All Day LIQUID has a great brush felt-tip pen style applicator which is very easy to use, it dries fast for a liquid, but it is only slightly more waterproof (ie not waterproof) or long-staying than the pencils mentioned above. It is less likely to run or smudge on it's own than the above, but if you rub a finger against it, it smudges just as easily as the pencils. On me anyway. Bottom line - it's not really waterproof - just good staying power and still not good enough for me - a tearer, a sweater, a swimmer, and a victim of humidity. I like it though. When my Stila pencil runs out, I might buy this instead to alternate with the MAC liquid, because it's cheaper, easier to control the applicator, dries faster, and stays on better than everything except the MAC. Not for swimming though, no matter what the rep tells you.

On the back of my hand, the above three (Mac ProLongwear Pencil, Stila waterproof pencil, Stila waterproof eyeliner) all smudged when I rubbed my hand across them (after waiting a couple of minutes). They're not smudgeproof. They washed or faded off my hands with water, came off with soap/normal cleansing at end of day without particular attention to the area.

The MAC Liquidlast was still on my hand three days later, clear as when first applied, unsmudged, no running, and only came off when I finally decided to apply some coconut oil. (My husband kept asking what that line was.)

Despite being the only one that delivers what it says - WATERPROOF, and LONG-LASTING, I wouldn't use this every day because of (a) the cost and (b) my hooded lid problem making application to my top lid difficult. If not for these, I would wear it every day. I really like it. You can leave it and never worry, "Is my make-up running?"

Will I repurchase? Absolutely. For it's purpose,

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

This use to be my one and only liquid eyeliner, I would swear by it however the brush is so hard to use and depending on luck with the brush you get with it, it can be really brittle and actually irritate you while applying the makeup.
I loved it because it lasts all day and night !!! No smudging and with very little fading.
But it was way too hard to use and the brush made it really uncomfortable.
I ended up switching to Stila stay 24 hr liquid eyeliner pen because it is so much easier to use, even though it doesn't last as long.
If Mac was to change it's product packaging to make it more user friendly and consistent , I would go back to it in a heart beat :)

First off let me say that the formula of this is the best I've ever had. It doesn't flake or smudge, even through lots of sweat and tears. However, it's also one of the worse eyeliners I've ever had.
The applicator makes it impossible to achieve that crisp wing everyone desires and the liquid gets so messy and clumps up my eyelashes so my mascara looked cheap. If you're a makeup genius then maybe this will work for you, but I'm no makeup artists although I have been doing my winged liner for years and would say I'm good at it. But this is just not for me. I'd say the price is too high for what it is, so I wouldn't be purchasing again. I've started using the NYX liquid liners and I find that it has the same long wear affect with easy application and is less than half the price and works the same.

on 7/6/2016 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this eyeliner, it really lasts all day long and does not smudges. I have oily lids and I yawn a lot throughout the day so all pencil eyeliners used to make me look as a racoon at the end of the day.

There are just a couple of things I dislike a bit: the brush takes a lot of product out making it harder to apply and it becomes thicker as it runs out which makes it worse.

It may not be cheap, but using it on a daily basis it lasts me three months approximately. I found it perfect for the cat eye look but not for full eyelining as the time I tried to apply it on the bottom of my eyes, it stuck horribly into my eyelashes.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

THIS IS NOT BEING DISCONTINUED, I REPEAT "NOT DISCONTINUED" according to Barbara at MAC I am happy to report. I emailed them asking. Well what can I say, this sooty inky black eyeliner is very waterproof the wear is incredible! Don't let the diminutive size fool you, there is twice as much net weight of this liquid than Urban Decay 24/7 perversion liner I know coz I looked on the bottom & UD has 1.7ml & MAC 2.5ml literally double for same price pointe & UD used to be my HG but I haven't touched my UD now that I got MAC liquidlast. It's not that hard to remove, the MAC Cleanse Off Oil or Magic Makeup Erasers will take it off. Not sure how else to take it off but if I make a mistake no big deal I let it dry & use a qtip to flake it off. This stuff is legendary!! HG for sure! I use it on top lash like to bring the wing out line the entire lashline then use MAC Modern Twist Kakal in Cats Meow to do tight/waterline real close on the rim. Finish w In Dimension mascara my basic WP eye! I wear eyeshadow top of course w it. I'm in lurve w my MAC X15 palettes & Look In A Box palettes. Also love Tinashe X9 (& my 3 other X9 palettes, 2 luxe palettes & many singles). MAC is my fave brand. You simply have got to try this liquid liner if you like liquid & U like it to stay in place in hot weather, sweating, calisthenics, alien invasion........

Downtown triple crown!!!!!!!

on 6/6/2016 3:46:00 PM

What?! I just found out that it was discontinued! Why, Mac??? Why make a perfect eyeliner (well, apart from the brush) that doesn't move, doesn't smudge, doesn't do anything you wouldn't want it to do and then have it discontinued?! Was it killing all your other eyeliners? I am genuinelly pissed because of this kind od marketing gimmicking. Really dissapointed. I will survive, with smudges around my eyes and never perfect eyeliner again, but this is a huge shadow cast over Mac for me and I just don't want to shop for anything again with you.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

very hard to apply. Sometime i get it on well then it is really waterproof. But the applicator is not wel designed. To much liquid is collected on the shaft and transfers in thick clogs to the eyelashes. One blink and my eyes are a black mess.
I love the application of Lancome Artliner. Perfect. But it is not waterproof. So I have not found the perfect eyeliner yet. The applicatiator of the artliner and the waterproof MAC would be the perfect solution.

on 4/27/2016 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I absolutely LOVE this eyeliner. I am so tired of eyeliners that claim to be waterproof and aren't. This one truly is. It doesn't contain any water. It's safe to wear to a water park, a pool party, a wedding, a funeral, or through allergy season. However, because there's no water in it, expect that the texture is a bit thick and it takes a few seconds to dry.

1. Once the ink has dried, it does not smear, move, transfer, smudge, flake, split, or bleed. It really is waterproof. Can be worn in the rain, to the beach, or when you might cry a lot.

2. Safe for sensitive eyes.

3. When you've used it up, you can recycle it through MAC's Back-to-MAC program. (Bring back 6 empty MAC containers to qualify for a free lipstick.)

TIPS:

I can work with the brush applicator that's attached to the cap, but it's easy to transfer the ink to your own brush. Sometimes I use Shu Uemura 2R eyelining brush but the cheaper Real Techniques eyelining brush works very well, too, and has synthetic bristles that are easy to clean. Using a brush you're comfortable with makes all the difference.

You will need oil or makeup remover to take this off. Josie Maran's Argan Oil works great. Also, Paula's Choice Gentle Makeup Remover. Coconut oil, for a cheaper option. Sephora makes Targeted Eye Makeup Remover Swabs, 20 for $5.

I apply liquid eyeliner carefully and let it dry before I finish my creasework and final blending. That way if I make a mistake while the liner is still wet, I don't have to remove everything and start over.

CONS:

1. Not ideal for beginners who lack skill or patience. If you're not used to liquid eyeliner, there is a learning curve and you'll get better with practice.

2. It costs $21, which is expensive compared to drugstore eyeliners.

3. Because it's waterproof, you need to keep oil or makeup remover handy because it won't come off easily. But that's a small price to pay for an eyeliner that won't embarrass you in public.

4. MAC isn't cruelty free. But Milani is. And Milani's Infinite Liquid Eye Liner has a similar formula and costs $7.99. I prefer MAC's brush to Milani's, and MAC has a sleeker tube. But if you're on a tight budget and avoiding animal testing, giving Milani your business is the way to go.

MAC Liquidlast used to come in several colors. Lately I can only find it in Point Black, but most people buy black anyway. If you have watery eyes like I do, this one will not give you panda eyes. One of the best eyeliners on Earth!

Ingredients of MAC Liquidlast Liquid Eyeliner:

There is no eyeliner on earth that will stay on so long. But... there is no way you can use all of the product before it becomes gloopy and stuck at the bottom of the container. The product is surprisingly gloopy even from beginning, so it will not last long.

Unfortunately I have been to both stores in Cardiff, Oxford and Reading and none of them have had them in store. I have asked at all whether it is being discontinued however nobody could give me a definitive answer.