4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

Watermelon is my first Beach Tint and I'm absolutely in love! I wear it mostly as a blush but I do occasionally use it on my lips. As a blush, this is beautiful. The texture creamy, lightweight and has just enough pigment to give a nice, natural flush. You only need a small amount of product for both cheeks. The product is easy to blend in and as long as you start with a small amount, it's pretty hard to overdo it. I always use my fingers. The wear time is fantastic - this stays on my cheeks all day. Sometimes I wear this on my lips. It isn't my favorite lip product but I love the color and I like the soft matte finish. The wear time on the lips is decent for me but I definitely have to reapply if I eat or drink too much. I don't find this to be drying on the lips but it doesn't feel moisturizing or balmy either. These costs $25 each. The bottle is tiny but you really only need a small amount both cheeks and lips, so I think my tube of Watermelon will last a long time. I'm definitely planning on getting more colors.

About reviewer (65 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

1.0

2 years ago

So disappointed. Had high hopes . Does not stay on at alllll! Not a good product for lips although I love the color initially in lychee. I feel so ripped off at $42 AU and I won't even be able to use it for what I wanted .

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

2.0

2 years ago

I only used this as a lip tint, I think the formula may be better suited as a gel/cream blush for oilier skins. But...as it’s marketed as being a lip tint too. And it’s awful as a lip product It’s very drying, which is no wonder since it has alcohol and oil-absorbers in the formula. It tends to separate easily in the little tube and need shaking up. This is a royal pita. I find it easy to apply with a finger to my lips. Doesn’t dry so fast that I can’t get an even Application and spread it around before it sets. The watermelon color is a nice mlbb shade for me. However...it wears off too quickly. Like in less than an hour if I apply lip balm on top and take a drink of water. TBH I should have checked ingredients more carefully before buying this...alcohol and oil absorbing ingredients are NOT things I want or need in my lips.

About reviewer (345 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

Overall, this is a great product but I wouldn't repurchase after it's gone because I prefer Bobbi Brown's pot rouges to the Beach Tints. Pros: excellent pigment a little goes a long way easy to build colour long lasting Cons: important to shake or roll the tube in the palms of my hands, otherwise the oil(s) in the product come out first when you squeeze tube easy to overdo if you're not careful with application drying on the lips I love the shade and wish I could wear it on my lips but I can't as it just looks cakey and dry. This tube will last me ages as I need just a tiny bit for that lovely flush on the cheeks. The staying power is superb and would work well with oily skin types. I think it's a bit overpriced compared to the amount of product and I prefer the more subtle pigment of Bobbi Brown's pot rouges.

About reviewer (681 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairOther, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

Why do I love this so much - it's $25 ?!!! I first tried it out for a trial run on a grocery store day two weeks ago and haven't been able to stop since. I wear it everywhere now. I have fair skin (MAC NC15) and usually try to go for that California beach look with the bronzed skin and nude/pink gloss. This is a departure for me. I'm rocking my pale skin with just this product and some mascara and I have more of that English Rose look going on. I take the smallest amount ever and dab it into my lips. It goes on liquid/oil like and dries down into a natural looking rose shade. It sets in about a minute and the stain does not dry out my lips whatsoever. I can add another layer to make the color more intense, it just takes an extra minute or two to dry down and set. I take whatever is left on my finger and dab the apples of my cheeks. It's the prettiest flush color. It spreads evenly - blends into my skin like a dream. I can not feel it on my skin. The product can separate in the tube, so be sure to shake it up well before use. I have a drawer full of drugstore to luxury lipsticks/pots/glosses - you name it, but I keep reaching for this product above all the others.

About reviewer (175 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

Another tint review from me. I was pleasantly impressed for the following: Colour - depending on application a highly pigmented soft raspberry/red colour. Staying power - for everyday I just add the tint to lips and cheeks and a touch of gloss. I don't reapply until 5 hrs later on lips. But if you eat something with oil you'll need to reapply before then. Night time I have tried it then applied lipstick over the top, it maintains the tint underneath very well. Other- I have a peeve, I don't like the fact that you need to either warm up the tube or try and shake the product before application. You don't have to do this but it has this annoying way of spilling out oil, it's not unpleasant but it's wasteful and the product isn't cheap. I do like the taste though very nice. My tip is teeny amount as it is a highly pigmented product and you are better to go light and reapply to increase colour. This colour is really beautiful and can carry you into all seasons. I do prefer it to been tint as I think this has a bit more warmth to it. I'd buy again definitely and would like to try guava and dragon fruit.

About reviewer (80 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBlack

3.0

6 years ago

I like this product, the color is pretty though nothing really special and it lasts all day on the cheeks (it doesn't last long for me on the lips). I find the texture to be light and comfortable, non-greasy and good staying power in the humidity. I took off two lippies because of the separation problem. If you forget to shake the tube before squeezing, you get a flood of pink water all over the place. This is wasteful, annoying and costs time that I never have in the morning. Overall it's not a bad product but I won't be buying again.

About reviewer (97 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

6 years ago

I really wanted ByTerry liquid blush that was released for summer 2014 but an preservative that is a major irritant for me sits high up on the ingredients list so I had to take a pass on it. To make up for the disappointment I looked into Becca's cheek/lip stain. For reference I'm an nc44/45 skintone. This stuff is actually foolproof. It doesn't set on you within seconds so you have some time to blend it out or build up color. I love it. It gives me a nice pinky glow and it dries down to a matte finish. There is no glitter or shimmer or any kind. It just gives you a nice glow within. I have yet to try it on my lips and I highly doubt I'll go there because my lips are pigmented and I highly doubt it will show up with just a smidgen of product. It doesnt take much product on my cheeks. Best applied using fingertips. And the wear time is awesome....even during hot humid days here in FL. A great buy and worth its pricetag.

About reviewer (320 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

6 years ago

This is in my top 5 favorite beauty products! I have a drawer full of traditional lipsticks, stains, and glosses that I ignore because this stuff is foolproof! First, I love the packaging because it is easy to use, not prone to breakage, and is space economical. I don't understand how some say this is hard to use. My mature mom who is pretty makeup illiterate (sorry mom love you!) has used this successfully. You need a tiny amount of this, start small and you can build up the intensity. I find that a lot of bad reviews (in general not just for this product) are because people simply use too much product. Watch a Lisa Eldridge video and see how little product she uses. Sorry, pet peeve. ------------------------------------- The color watermelon is gorgeous on all skin tones, it adds even tone and pigmentation to my very pigmented lips. If I use two layers of this and a dab of fresh sugar rose lip treatment, I look like I'm wearing a gorgeous red berry lipstick. One coat is great for more natural days, beach days, even if I'm doing a heavier eye and I want a low key lip. --------------------------------------Lasting power is about 6-8 hours depending if I eat something oily. If I'm drinking water, wine, eating light snacks, it stays put. I've had no problem with separation and I've had mine for over 2 years. I make sure not to introduce air into the tube when dispensing product. Just squeeze it out, as you would with toothpaste. I also use the residual product from my fingers (please don't use a brush or sponge for application, this was designed for finger application!!!) as a subtle blush when I'm wearing no foundation or sheer foundation as I have a lot of redness in my cheeks already. This is a beautiful product. I hope they never discontinue if. I have raspberry and love that color as well (I find the watermelon more useful for the fresh faced look I usually go for). I think if you like fresh beautiful more natural looks, then you will love this!

About reviewer (34 reviews)

Age

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2.0

6 years ago

The pigmentation of this is almost a bit too much. Its hard not to overapply. The color of watermelon is just a medium red. Nothing special about it. I had to throw mine away cause it always separated. It was a pain to apply (especially in the mornings). When I squeezed the tube, pink oily water would come out. I had to keep squeezing until the real product came out. It wasnt worth it for me. The color wasnt special enough. It did last the whole day on my oily skin but it looked patchy sometimes. I still have one in the color fig. It hasnt separated yet but I will throw it away if it starts to. The watermelon one broke after 1 year :/ It would be okay if the price was cheaper but I dont think its worth the pricetag.

About reviewer (131 reviews)

Age19-24