Bioré Warming Anti-Blackhead Cream Cleanser

Bioré Warming Anti-Blackhead Cream Cleanser

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Zeolite, PEG-8, Butylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Cellulose, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Salicylic Acid, Polyethylene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydroxypropylcellulose, Ceteth-20 Phosphate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dicetyl Phosphate, Parfum, BHT, CI 42090.

I've had acne all my life and have tried everything, over the counter and prescription. I first tried this years ago a few months before my wedding in desperation. It is the only thing that works. My skin cleared up and glowed. I have tried other products in the past few years only to find myself breaking out again and returning to this cleanser. The warming sensation is nice and exfoliates well. My skin tends to be on the dry side and find product leaves my skin feeling clean without the tightness and flaking I get from other salicylic acid products.

on 2/18/2012 12:47:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The micro scrub of this cleanser reminds me of the discontinued St. Ives Elements Microdermabrasion Scrub. That was the best aspect of it for me. I love how soft the small spheres make my skin. I was hopeful about the warming aspect, having used the Biore Heating Mask, but I found that, unlike the mask, the most warming was on my fingers before I put it on my face. The cleansing was nice, the spheres didn't cling to my face after washing it off like other scrubs. I bought mine at Kmart on sale for $1.50, so given that, I would probably repurchase, but I'm not sure that it was special enough for me to pay a whole lot for it.

on 12/29/2011 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

If it's not broken, don't fix it. I always go back to this cleanser. I really feel like it helps with my oily acne-prone skin. My skin does better with salicylic acid then with benzyol peroxide. I like using it at night because it seems that the warming sensation "melts" off my make up and I like the exfoliating beads as well. I use it in conjunction with my clarisonic and it gets all my make-up off. I wander from time to time to another cleanser and inevitably I return to this cleanser. I will always repurchase.

on 6/9/2009 10:46:00 AM

Kinda gooey and only does a decent job. Personally I think simple baking soda with water is the best exfoliation you can get.

on 10/25/2007 9:34:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Well, I don't know how good this is at removing blackheads, because all the dermatologists I've talked to have said that nothing short of a super-strong (prescription-only) chemical peel or laser treatments can reach deeply enough to remove blackheads. Having said that, this does help dry up my pimples with the assistance of benzoyl peroxide. There is mild exfoliating activity, not so much you'll damage your face, but enough to get some of those dry flakes of skin that benzoyl peroxide leaves behind. Sigh.... Using one product to counteract the side effects of another.

I have a problem with the odor. It smells like... fish.

The "warming activity" is really only about 2 seconds long once you smear it on your skin. The warmth fades very quickly, and really is just a gimmick. Using warm water is ultimately more effective in warming your face.

UPDATE AFTER 2 MONTHS OF USE: this cleanser, along with the use of benzoyl peroxide, has dried my skin out far too much. I have an oily T-zone with extremely dry flaky cheeks. I have had to switch to an oil-free cleanser that is not specific to acne, and use only one product to treat the acne: benzoyl peroxide spot treatment.