Avance-Algae deep skin cleanse

No Image

4.5

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I remember when I felt felt this product on my wrist; it was the most gentle little exfoliator I've ever touched. I had it used on me in the facial and a few months later I came back to dish out the frightening near 50$ for it. Using it in the shower, twice, my skin felt AMAZINGLY MIRACULOUSLY smoother than I've ever felt it. My sister agreed with me when I tried it on her.

The downside. Over time it seemed to stop working for some reason... either my skin got used to it...or it got too old and stopped working. If it did get old and stop working then that is a disappointment for me. For such an expensive cleaner I would expect a longer shelf life out of it. However...in saying that, if I ever was rich and thought to give it another try...yes, I would give it another try... since I have yet to find another exfoliator to match it...I'm still trying though since the price on this is deadly to say the least.

on 10/6/2006 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Actually, I had this stuff for a long time and I'd use it in the shower periodically because it was so expensive and then I discovered Grassroots products so I gave it to my roommate. She loves it. Her skin looks so much better and she said she no longer breaks out before her period. It smells really good;in the shower especially it makes you feel like you're at the spa. I paid $32 at my regular spa. It's $29 at Avance's website but I think Amazon has it for $26. I'm going to try their eye cream when I'm ready to dish out $35.