Lipcote Lipstick Sealer

Lipcote Lipstick Sealer

2.8

on 1/23/2017 5:34:00 PM

The worst product I've ever experienced hands down. No instructions on the Australian packaging, thus didn't know to wait for it to dry. Now that I know and followed online instructions, it made no difference. Lipstick transferred and didn't last longer, but the worst is that my lips BURNED like FIRE! It dried my lips out ... next morning upon waking, my lips were swollen, painful, tingling en extremely dry. I've never had anything like that happen with any cosmetics, ever. They should remove this product from the market for sure.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Mehhhhh. I bought this because Superdrug was out of Rimmel's Lipstick Lock, which I use almost every day, and their shop assistant said this was the same.

It's not.

Unlike Rimmel's Lipstick Lock (which is amazing), this one takes longer to dry, dries in clumps, doesn't prevent your lipstick from transferring and only lasts a few hours instead of the whole day. Really not impressed.

Sure, it smells a bit better. But it doesn't really do the job.

on 12/16/2015 9:43:00 AM

Pros:
- After letting the product dry, it did make my lipstick stay on longer (approximately 2 hours longer than normal)
- Minimal transfer (if any)
- You don't have to use a lot of the product on your lips, so it's quite economic

Cons:
- Horrible alcohol smell
- Dried my lips out after 3 days of use
- Hard to screw the lid off the bottle
- Tastes weird if you lick your lips
- Takes a couple of minutes to dry

Overall, it's a somewhat decent product if you can handle the sharp smell; I personally would just invest in a good lip liner and use powder blotting in the future, as the cons outweigh the pros.
~ Ticky

on 4/17/2015 3:48:00 PM

Ok so for me this stuff is complete and utter rubbish! I dont know wether it because I have dry lips or not but it will crack and peel like no buissness. Even on a good day where my lips are not that bad it seemed to look worse somehow?! I bought mine for £3.00 at Primark so its not exactly breaking the bank but I would be wise before you buy. I would say that if your have dry lips to avoid it because its such a thin formula it will make your lipstick sink right into all your dry skin and cracks. I dont know what it would be like on normal lips but by some of the other reveiws it does work for some. On another down note it smells and looks like nail varnish which for me is extremly of putting! it says on my packaging that it is vanilla scented but where they git that from I dont know cos it stinks to me! I suppose what im trying to say is; if you dont mind the idea that it might not work give it a go! It could work like a dream for you or could be a disaster! Its one of those things I spose with a product that you cant test before you buy!

on 3/12/2015 9:41:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Although I haven't used this product in a LONG time, I felt like taking a trip down makeup memory lane to review it. This used to get mentioned in a lot of beauty mags back in the day, so that combined with being affordable made me want to try it. I'm not sure if they've improved upon the formula, but this stuff is incredibly drying. It will suck all moisture out of your lips, thus resulting in a puckered mouth which is not attractive! I liked the concept of a formula that would keep my lip colour long lasting and matte, and while I recall it keeping color in place, it is not worth the dried lip effect (not to mention the product had a very chemical/alcoholic scent). I did appreciate the packaging though which is reminiscent of a nail polish bottle/brush...like applying a top coat to your lips.

on 11/20/2014 11:15:00 PM

It did exactly what it said it would! I bought it originally because I'd read some reviews that said it mattified lipsticks as well as keeping them on your lips. I didn't notice any change in the glossiness of any of my lipsticks when using this, but it helps keep my lipstick on (I have no self control and constantly lick my lips) and I love it.
After a long time wearing it, it starts to dry and will clump up when I smack my lips together, and the chemical smell is a little off putting, but don't let that stop you from getting it! I've never experienced any type of stinging after applying, either.

I'd tried this product because I remember my mum use to swear by it, it would always be in her makeup bag the smell of it really reminds me of watching my mum getting ready to go out. It's not expensive to buy at all and it comes in a cute little bottle with a brush like a nail polish does. The product itself i didn't think much of I applied a lipstick I know doesn't usually stay on my lips well in the hope this stuff would work miracles but I still found I was reapplying the lipstick all night and to add to that the morning after my lips were ridiculously dry, won't be using or buying this again.

on 12/6/2013 6:07:00 AM

I have a few fav lipsticks that last about 2.5 seconds on my lips.

Saw this product at the shop, read the reviews and decided to give it a go.

As others have said - follow the destructions. Pencil liner, blot, lipstick, blot,powder blot and then lipstick again blot and then lightly apply the lipcote.

Keeping your lips open for 3 minutes while it dries is a pain in the proverbial, my mouth got so dry but it was worth it.

Usually I reapply my lipstick continually after every drink, every 20 minutes or so. This time I didn't have to. I had colour and a nice moist looking lipstick coverage until lunch. After lunch I cleaned my lips, went through the entire process again in the afternoon and didn't have to top up my lipstick for the rest of the day.

for a busy working woman, to be taken seriously you don't want to be constantly reapplying make up and the lipcote achieves this. My Dior lipstick looked great, wore well.

I didn't like the alcoholic feeling on my teeth (I obviously smack my lips too much), but a drink of water solved that.

Yes, long lasting lipsticks are better value for money, but sometimes you buy a lipstick that you love and don't find out until you get it home that it disappears at the speed of light from your lips. The Lipcote will definitely be used for a bit longer.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Ok so I have been using lots of different lipsticks like lipfinity which stay on the lips for hours so was pretty excited when I heard about lipcote, lipcote is a lipstick sealer - what it does is it seals your lipstick so your lipstick stays on your lips for hours.

After my lipstick application I applied a small amount of lipcote and almost immediately I felt a slight burning sensation to my lips (apparently this is normal) this feeling did go away quite quickly,

After lipcote dried I noticed that my lips tasted pretty bad - if you have ever got soap or face cream on your lips by mistake then ran your Tongue against your lips and experienced a horrible taste.... Well this was like that but worse!

Lipcote did keep my lipstick on ok but the taste was not very pleasant.

This product did offer exceptional value for money, it cost me 4. I will not be purchasing this product again.

on 1/27/2013 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

LIPCOTE....
I love it. I love it. I love it. I love it.
You just need one thin coating over well blotted lipstick. Then simply wipe the little brush on tissue before replacing it back in the bottle and your lipcote will stay clean and clear for your next application. I find a very slight stinging effect and smell but it only lasts for a minute. I can apply then forget for the night. GREAT PRODUCT.

Popular Lips Products