Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Overall:I had the second version (newer) of the ammo palette. I wish they would make a new one. I purchased this and used it for one year. After great use, I've retired it and moved on to Naked2. I would not recommend purchasing this palette (either the 1st or 2nd release) because it was made so long ago.
Pros: I really enjoyed enjoyed this palette, its design, and the quality, pigmentation and color selection.
Cons: Older formulations, would recommend a newer made palette

Backstory: You can tell when UD eyeshadow goes bad right away: the brush kicks up way more product than usual, fallout increases, and the color moves into the crease no matter what primer you use. I get a little milia either on my upper water line, or just above a lash hair, and then I know it's time to move on. Please be careful. I have extremely sensitive skin, but shadows do go off. I called UD about how long their clearance would be good for, and they told me the shadows stay good, on the shelf, for 3 years after production. So now I try to pay attention to when the texture of the shadows changed and only keep them for 1 to 2 years after opening. I had the original Naked 1 palette and eventually had to get rid of it because the shadows weren't performing, same with the ammo (version 2) and my old old old deluxe singles were the same way. UD has great quality!! but if you buy the ammo now, on sale, it might not last the 12 or 24 months the box says it's good for. I would repurchase a palette with the same colors in a heartbeat if they were newly made. Grifter with last call and polyester bride to give more dimension does AMAZING things for hazel eyes. I have never gotten compliments on eye shadow like with that combo. I will miss this palette!!!

on 9/22/2011 7:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this palette a couple of years ago and i love it the colours are ewally good pigmented but i would stay use with a light hand. buy it you will not be dissapointed.

on 4/20/2011 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This was the first UD product I purchased (and then my obsession began). I liked it when I first got it but I hated the fallout! I ended up favoring only a few of the colors in this palette (smog, mildew, sin, last call) and really did not like the rest. Since I've acquired a lot of those colors in other palettes, I decided to give this palette to my mom - even though she hardly uses it.

I like that it is small and flat, making it convenient to take on trips, but feel that half of the colors are impossible to work with. Def won't repurchase but it was a nice initiation into the UD family.

on 3/12/2011 5:58:00 AM

Argh! I really, really want to LOOOVE this product but, darn it, I just don't!

I'm a massive UD fan - I have pretty much every 24/7 pencil ever released, and most of the Book of Shadows (with maybe one exception?). I love the mascaras, the primers, and so many other products, but this one really falls flat for me. Here's why...

I've had this palette nearly 2 years, and I never reach for it. I do find that the colours are quite pigmented, and are generally quite lovely. But I find most of them unwearable due largely to the horrible glitter fallout. Of the 10 shades, 5 are glitter/shimmers with wild fallout. Even my most gifted makeup artist friends have a difficult time manipulating them so that my face doesn't look like a disco ball by the end of the day. For this reason, I find them most unwearable for work and most occasions. The other shades (Smog, Mildew, Last Call, Shattered and Sin) are beautiful, but I don't ever reach for them because I'm so put off by the rest of the palette.

On the plus, the colours are blendable, pretty, and pigmented. You can certainly create a wide variety of looks using only this palette.

Sadly, I'm not likely to repurchase because I would probably only use 50% of the shades, and the price isn't worth it. The packaging is adorable, as with most UD products, but that does salvage the product.

I think I'm either going to force myself to use the shades that I do love, or try to organize a trade - it's pretty much brand new.

Like I said, darn it!!

on 2/23/2011 3:29:00 PM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is one of my favorite UD Palettes..this also happens to be one of the first UD products I ever purchased. IMO all of the colors are gorg...especially Oil Slick and Chopper! Every color has excellent pigmentation and they all show up gloriously on me (NC43). My gun has scratched off which is kind of a bummer but I've had this palette for years so I guess its okay. These do have a lot of fallout..not a big deal since I always do my eyes before foundation. Overall I highly recommend this palette and I would buy this again in a heartbeat.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Great palette that gives you a lot of options. I have owned this palette for three years now and it is not near finished. Sin is by far my favorite shadow in this collection. Not a purchase I regret at all!

on 11/13/2010 4:27:00 PM

And thus starts my UD obsession....

I've heard so much about the quality of UD eyeshadows, I'm a huge fan of their 24/7 liners and UDPP but it's so hard to find this brand in NZ and when you do find UD, they are incredibly expensive. Anyway, this is my first UD eyeshadow palette (bought for me from Hawaii from a dear MUA friend, you rock Marcy!) and I'm just absolutely in love with it. The pigmentation is second to none, and the shadows are so soft and buttery and blendable and they last longer than any eyeshadow I've ever tried. The colours are wonderfully wearable and just...just...so so perfect for me, like all my favourite shades in one palette. Wow. If this were a man, I would marry it lol I will be repurchasing if I ever run out, but I doubt thats going to happen in a hurry because its so pigmented. Actually, I will be looking at getting a backup, as well as trying more UD palettes.

HG. Totally and unequivocally my HG.

Oh, and Grifter goes perfectly with M.A.C Orchidazzle for those of you who have it ;)

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This was my second Urban Decay palette after the deluxe shadow box I found the colours to be different enough from that first palette to make it a worthwhile purchase bit more muted but still amazingly pigmented Urban decay shadows are so much fun. This one has definately got a few glittery shades although not as glittery as the sustainable shadow box. the colours in that one were slightly more cool toned and paler and as im a MAC C40 warmer deeper colours suit me a lot better there are a lot of shadows in this palette so great variety for the cost im not into the book of shadows ranges too big and bulky for me I like my packaging a little bit more sturdy and sleek.

on 7/16/2010 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great colors and long lasting when worn with primer potion! I use this palette often and love it!

on 5/7/2010 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I swatched these all on my arm and fell in LOVE. I thought all the shades were awesome (except maybe that boring white one on the bottom row).. I noticed the glitter, which I usually dont like, but it wasn't enough to deter me. UNTL I PUT IT ON MY EYES. Oh my god, horrible. Glitter EVERYWHERE. CHUNKS. Giant chunks. ON MY FACE. I can't stand it, I have to return this which is lame because it was a good deal! Only 39 bucks and it came with a full size UDPP! But still. The glitter kills it..