Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/30/2013 12:42:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

The Urban Decay ammo pallete was one of the first palletes I have ever gotten. The pigment is great and the shadows are really smooth and blendable. The only reason why I'm not too fond of this is how all of the colours are either shimmery or glittery. Since I tend to go for more matte, neutral eyeshadows, this pallete doesn't get used much by me.

on 12/16/2010 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I bought this palette as my first ever UD product and I wanted to try out the famous shadows that everyone was raving about. I don't regret the buy because some of the colors are real standouts like Mildew and Smog which are really great everyday colors. I love using Chopper, Maui Wowie and Polyester Bride when I'm going out for the night. However, the fall out for the glittery eyeshadows are INTENSE so you can't wear it during the day. Also some of the colors like Sin and Last Call are a little more suited to lighter skin tones I think so I don't love them. Still its a good palette to have on hand and its versatile. Now that I know what works on me I'd rather buy full size UD eyeshadows or buy the Naked Palette instead.

on 12/10/2010 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really loved this palette, I don't tend to buy pots because they take up too much space. I love the case it comes with a mirror, that I wish would stay in place, I hate that it flops over. So I hot glued a matching ribbon to keep it in place when I open it. The colors are great I used them on my friends and myself, looks great on most skin tones I'd say. I love oil slick and sin, the wand it comes with toss, because its better if you blend with a brush. I tried this with my fingers but it seemed to, I don't know if there's a word for it. It seem to not hold on as much a brush would.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

If you don't like chunky glitter then this palette is not for you! My favorite thing about this palette is that there's different color variations and combination's you could create with this. All Urban Decay shadows I've used are great with the exception that a lot of them have glitter in them which I totally don't mind because it's not like disco ball glitter. But they are easy to blend and work with and don't crease or fade, and the packaging it comes in is cute as well. LOVE this!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Love this palette! I carry it in my purse, its great for a daytime look or a night look. Im at my bf's place a lot so this is a great small palette that have a ton of different shadows. This is a must have!

on 2/20/2010 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

absolutely gorgeous colors. smog and last call are beautiful green/purple. each color compliments the other and they go on smooth. at first the glitter bothered me, but it was b/c i had an old version and once you get to the bottom it gets worse. for nights out its great on my nc40 skintone, except for the last two pinky beige which don't show up.

on 1/16/2010 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Oh Urban Decay your eyeshadows are so good but why do you have to add on glitter to them?! eek*
I like this palette bc of smog, sin, and other ones that don't have glitter. The ones that do have glitter are beautiful but my god do I hate dealing with the glitter falling out all over my face and me not being able to remove it. Even if I do my foundation at the end, they're will always be some glitter remaining. ahh!
Urban Decay does have some awesome eyeshadows though. They're very pigmented and soo soo smooth.
I'm giving this a 3/5 bc of the dreadful glitter, even though glitter is kind of a given with most Urban Decay.
Would I repurchase? No. lol only because of the glitter AND I have BOS Vol II that I prefer.

on 11/10/2009 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I've had this for awhile but have only recently begun using it. At first, I was surprised by how small it was, but considering the amount of eye shadows I own and how I will probably hit pan on only a small handful of them, that's not really a concern. It's also nice for travel, as you get several shades to work with but no bulky storage problems.

There are quite a few shadows that fall into the chunky glitter category. I don't abhor glitter, but I don't find it necessary for every day (although the base colors of these shadows is often great--if you can tap the majority of the glitter off your brush enough to enjoy them). The shimmery shades are all smooth and well-pigmented, though, and I think there are enough of these in the palette to balance the inconvenience of the others. I also like that the shades in this palette give me the opportunity to try some of the colors of the full size shadows that I've been eyeing without having to commit to a long-term relationship.

on 9/2/2008 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The colors in this palette are nice (though really shiny) and they all have amazing staying power (I would recommend using a primer underneath to increase this). My favorite colors on this palette are Smog, Chopper, and Sin, which I use quite frequently. I'm not very fond of Grifter, Shattered, or Last Call. The remaining colors are nice, but I really don't use them as often as the first three mentioned here. I would rate 3.5, if I could.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This palette was a little bit of an impulse buy, but I don't regret it a bit. The only caveat I have for it is that it's not a very versatile palette for everyday, but not many Urban Decay eyeshadows are, anyway. :) The only color that didn't live up to my expectations was Shattered, the frosty blue; as others have noted, it's much more of a sheer wash than anything else. However, that's personally good for me, but if you wanted something highly pigmented, it's not the way to go.
I do have a bit of a problem with glitter fallout, but I figure if I'm wearing loud eyeshadow anyway, a little glitter here and there doesn't hurt too much.

The palette construction is nothing special; the design on the cover is very pretty, but the flocking attracts dust and makeup bits while getting knocked around in my bag. Overall, it's one of my favorite eyeshadow palettes I own, and I would definitely buy again as it's a relatively good deal for how many shades you get.