Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 36-43
Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

3.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/30/2014 7:05:00 AM

I have had the original Ammo palette for quite some time so it's looking very well used and very well loved as it's in constant rotation having some of my favourite UD shadows.

I love Polyester Bride as an inner corner highlight, but the absolute winner in this palette for me is the beautiful mauve Grifter - I love this shimmery mauve so much I would buy this on it's own or this palette again just for this shade. Shattered is a gorgeous light turquoise and Oil Slick makes a great shimmery black shadow eye liner. For a small palette it's actually quite versatile when paired with something like the Naked Basics. As this contains browns/golds with a matte colour or two you can do a neutral eye as well.

There is a little fallout with this palette but nothing too drastic if you are careful, Maui Wowie and Polyester Bride seem the worst culprits for this but brush away easily enough. The formula of these shadows are smooth and buttery to apply, blending easily and staying true to colour all day with a primer. I know there is a newer version of the Ammo palette with re-formulated shadows in the same colours. However this works fine enough not to warrant an up date yet.

on 8/13/2012 1:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my first UD palette. I chose this one because of the large variety of colors, both neutral and bright. While the colors are gorgeous.. I can't use it due to the immense fallout and glitter bombs in most of the colors. Not only does it wind up all over my face, not only during application but throughout the day, but it drive my eyes crazy, even after I remove it.. the rest of the night and into the next day I feel like someone put salt in my eyes. I tried it for an entire week, thinking I would get used to it, but no luck. It's a terrible shame because it was so expensive, and I really looked forward to the purchase thinking I was getting the best. Now I'm stuck with $40 worth of shadow I cannot wear.... fair warning to anyone else considering a purchase.

I bought this palette last year when I first started experimenting more with color. While overall I was happy with the fun colors and color payoff, this palette is way way WAY too sparkly for my liking and I don't really use it anymore. If you like a lot of sparkle, this is for you.