Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Overall:I had the second version (newer) of the ammo palette. I wish they would make a new one. I purchased this and used it for one year. After great use, I've retired it and moved on to Naked2. I would not recommend purchasing this palette (either the 1st or 2nd release) because it was made so long ago.
Pros: I really enjoyed enjoyed this palette, its design, and the quality, pigmentation and color selection.
Cons: Older formulations, would recommend a newer made palette

Backstory: You can tell when UD eyeshadow goes bad right away: the brush kicks up way more product than usual, fallout increases, and the color moves into the crease no matter what primer you use. I get a little milia either on my upper water line, or just above a lash hair, and then I know it's time to move on. Please be careful. I have extremely sensitive skin, but shadows do go off. I called UD about how long their clearance would be good for, and they told me the shadows stay good, on the shelf, for 3 years after production. So now I try to pay attention to when the texture of the shadows changed and only keep them for 1 to 2 years after opening. I had the original Naked 1 palette and eventually had to get rid of it because the shadows weren't performing, same with the ammo (version 2) and my old old old deluxe singles were the same way. UD has great quality!! but if you buy the ammo now, on sale, it might not last the 12 or 24 months the box says it's good for. I would repurchase a palette with the same colors in a heartbeat if they were newly made. Grifter with last call and polyester bride to give more dimension does AMAZING things for hazel eyes. I have never gotten compliments on eye shadow like with that combo. I will miss this palette!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is definitely not my favorite and to be honest has turned me off to UD eyeshadow completely. There are huge (HUGE!!!!) glitter chunks in this mofo. While the colors are pretty and semi-unique, I really don't need glitter the size of damn sequins rolling down my cheeks, thankyouverymuch.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love UD... that is all.

My obsession with UD is far more than just that but, keep it simple :-)

Chopper, Sin, Polyester Bride, Maui Wowie, Oil Slick and Smog are my favorites for everyday use out of this palette. I have never used Shattered as I don't think it compliments me well. It's a very pretty color, though. Grifter and Last Call make an awesome "going out" smoky eye look with Oil Slick! Same with Mildew and Oil Slick with a touch of Maui Wowie and Polyester Bride.

Love. Just love.

on 11/20/2013 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this palette except for the color Polyester Bride. It is white with so much glitter it falls all over. I got this for do cheap through Sephora I couldn't resist. That makes it easy to ignore the glitter colors.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I found this palette for ten dollars at Sephora.com-- the low price was my primary reason for buying it, along with the green and gold shades of shadow.

All the colors looked great when I swatched them in store, but in practice, I find they are very difficult to use in day to day life-- and that is coming from someone that wears some outlandish eye make up, from glitter to neon!

Smog is a coppery shimmery color I'm still experimenting with the best way to use-- it's very bright, it just seems wrong to just use it as a base color for something else.

Mildew is far and away my favorite-- I love the green, I love the way it looks with my other green and gold shadows, and I love the way it looks patted over black eyeliner for a splash of color.

Oil Slick I haven't done much with-- I tend to apply my blacks wet as a liner or smudge them out for a softer line-- this one had a ton of fall out and didn't blend out well, which was disappointing.

Last call is this great plummy red purple-- it looks great on but is somewhat difficult to pair with other colors and I find it too intense to be an all over lid shade.

Chopper is a lot like Smog-- I haven't quite made up my mind what to do with it, mostly because I veer away from most neutral/brown/copper shades.

Maui Wowie is a lot of fun, but the fall out and lack of color pay off kills me. I expect some fall out with glitter, but I'll still be wiping it off after my shower, some nights.

Shattered is my second favorite-- a big surprise! I don't usually wear blue, but this one just has enough green to look flattering against my skin and I love it as an accent color above the outside third of my eyes. Beautiful.

Polyester Bride I use as a highlight on occasion, but nothing more. It's a nice white shadow with good color payoff, but that's all I can really say about it. Nothing exciting or unavailable elsewhere.

Grifter I like to pair with shattered for a sort of "cotton candy" colored dual toned eye-- but oh the fall out! There's just so much of it, seemingly no matter what I do. The color is great, the failure to keep glitter off my cheeks is not.

Sin is a color that I like to glide on to darken up some of my golds in the crease, but I don't tend to use it a great deal on its own. I'm still experimenting with this one as well.

Overall it was a great purchase for ten bucks, but there was also a reason I didn't pick it up until it was that price-- it is difficult to wear in the real world. Definitely not for those that work in an office or a more conservative workplace! Watch out for fall out, but there are some great gems in here if you don't want to purchase the shadow shades included at full size/price.

Bottom line: Watch for fallout, and if you can snag it on sale, you may find some unexpected favorites!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really love this palette! Almost more than my naked palette because it has more of a variety of shades. My favorites are chopper, last call, and smog. I love al of the other as well though! The only shade I'm not a big fan of is grifter because of all the random glitter in it. But overall, I give this a 9.5 out of 10

on 5/19/2013 2:24:00 PM

I tried my hardest to love this palette but it just had do much glitter I strayed away from it often. They are very pigmented shades which Urban Decay I known for BUT the glitter is like glue when it gets on your face. Lots of fallout. It would be good if you have shadow shields though! I use my Naked2 and Basic palette everyday though!

on 1/15/2013 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

The only reason I say I wouldn't buy this product again is because I regularly use less than half of the colors. But on all other points, it's great.

This palette was given to me by a friend because I mentioned that I wanted to try Sin and she said I could have this since she had an extra (score!) It ended up being a great thing because I got a decent variety of UD colors to try.

That being said, I primarily use Sin, followed by Chopper and occasionally Smog. I'm pretty sure I've never even touched Shattered or Mildew.

The pigment is great, the colors work really well with my skin tone and they are lasting. I'm very happy with UD shadows, they're definitely high quality.

on 5/25/2012 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like Urban Decay shadows, and after finding 2 of the colors I wanted in this palette, I took the plunge. My makeup scheme tries for "me but better" look, but I wanted to have some color too. This shadow set is the answer. I love the colors and even found a nice way to wear the blue/green in an age-appropriate way that gets me compliments. The only colors I haven't done are the black/white: I just don't seem to have the hang of doing the smokey eye look. But this little set of colors is perfect, so many variations can be made and so easy to pack just this one shadow set for a trip. Love, love, love Urban Decay eyes. FYI: I have the Naked palette too. It also rocks.

This palette has a lot of the colors I have been wanting to try for years. It's a really good deal considering how much the individual shadows cost. I have hazel eyes and I've been using smog, mildew, last call, maui wowie, and sin the most. I don't think this is even worth saying but the only annoying thing about these shadows it the excessive glitteryness, that's to be expected with UD though. Overall this has been a great purchase.