Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/3/2012 4:11:00 PM

My favorite palette of all time :)
I got this on a whim and have been loving it ever since. I've had it almost 2 years and am only holding off on getting another because I got a tokidoki palette with similar colors recently. I don't expect any shadows, however nice they are, to match the quality of Urban ones though. I use these shadows dry from time to time, but what I really love them for is wet, as liners. I eliminate problems with glitter fallout by pressing a tissue flat against my face for the glitter to flake onto and then just pulling it away when I'm done. A touch of tacky concealer on my lid keeps the glitter from straying throughout the day once it all dries, same for when it's used dry. The colors are usable daily for me because they work with my personal style (pink highlights, tattoos, a few piercings so I'm not shocking anyone at work or throughout the day with my purple smokey eye), but if you need a more conservative look this palette is probably not for you. The packaging is adorable, the pans seem small but a little goes a long way so it should last you, and the formula of the shadows is as silky smooth as can be. Love this collection, love UD.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I loved this palette. It wasn't my first UD palette, it's actually my second, but it's my favorite UD palette so far. I love how all the colors can go together or contrast each other when mixed and matched. I also liked that the palette had a lot of variety. It had naturals, brights and darks. Some of the shadows were very sparkly, but I found if you use a light hand and build on the color, the sparkles didn't glom onto your eyelids as much. The packaging was really beautiful, but the velvet designs wore off of mine. I'm not sure if it wore off easily for everyone or if it was from me carelessly tossing the palette into my purse. I didn't much care for the eyeshadow primer that came with it, only because I don't like tinted primer. The few times I used it, however, it worked well. I just prefer UD's original primer formula. I find that I don't really need a primer with UD's eyeshadows, as they last me the whole day on their own. Overall, I love this palette, I love all the shadows, and out of the 3 UD palettes I own, I use this one the most.

on 4/20/2011 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This was the first UD product I purchased (and then my obsession began). I liked it when I first got it but I hated the fallout! I ended up favoring only a few of the colors in this palette (smog, mildew, sin, last call) and really did not like the rest. Since I've acquired a lot of those colors in other palettes, I decided to give this palette to my mom - even though she hardly uses it.

I like that it is small and flat, making it convenient to take on trips, but feel that half of the colors are impossible to work with. Def won't repurchase but it was a nice initiation into the UD family.

on 2/14/2011 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This was a purchase when I went to the mall in search of a UD Naked pallet and came up short... But it's okay! When I bought it I figured I wouldn't use some of these, but so far only Mildew has gone untouched (I can't, and never have, been able to pull off green of any shade in clothing, makeup, ect.) Sin is a lot like Stila's Kitten (as is a whole bunch of other eye shadows, like Too Faced's Silk Teddy), but Smog and Maui Wowie was a big surprise to me. I wasn't too sure how these shades would look on me, but they can be used for a really nice neutral eye. Shattered was by far the biggest, nicest surprise for me. It looks like a boring blue, but on it morphs into a beautiful, iridescent, intense aqua.
Very nice. To avoid the individual cost I'd totally buy this again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really really love this UD ammo palette.. It's highly pigmented and very long lasting. My favorite colors are smog, maui wowie, oil slick, mildew, last call and polyester bride.. Last call is lil bit intense for me, so i usually use it for a night out.. Polyester bride is a very very good highlighter. I always use it to highlight the inner corner of my eyes and under my brow bone.. I don't like grifter coz it's too glittery. Overall, i really really satisfied with this palette. It's expensive but it's worth it.. :) :)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Great palette! I thought long and hard about whether or not to get this, but finally caved in and got it. I was worried about all the glitter, but it's actually not so bad. I didn't like it so much at first because of the glittery-ness, but after taking it with me on some travel trips, I'm loving it! It's so convenient to take with you and the colors are amazing. The glitter doesn't bother me that much because those colors are great for a night out (and there's enough non-glittery ones to have a great day look!) and with a tap, the glitters will fall out so with a little more effort, all the colors are wearable for day.

The shadows themselves are amazinggg quality. The black is soo dark, I'm always amazed everytime I use it!

Great palette! I do not regret buying it at all! So those of you debating whether or not to get it because of the glittery shades, go buy it! It's great and you won't regret it once you figure out how to make the shades work for you!

on 1/16/2010 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Oh Urban Decay your eyeshadows are so good but why do you have to add on glitter to them?! eek*
I like this palette bc of smog, sin, and other ones that don't have glitter. The ones that do have glitter are beautiful but my god do I hate dealing with the glitter falling out all over my face and me not being able to remove it. Even if I do my foundation at the end, they're will always be some glitter remaining. ahh!
Urban Decay does have some awesome eyeshadows though. They're very pigmented and soo soo smooth.
I'm giving this a 3/5 bc of the dreadful glitter, even though glitter is kind of a given with most Urban Decay.
Would I repurchase? No. lol only because of the glitter AND I have BOS Vol II that I prefer.

on 12/27/2009 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my first UD pallete, beautiful choices of 10 colors, from the pallete itself I can see myself doing lots of different combination looks so it would be great for travelling, doesn't have to bring many many pots of shadows, just this one would be great.

When I tried this on, all colors showed up nicely on my dark asian skin, blended easily and lasts for more than 8 hours all day on my very oily lids and they even stays with notoriously oily boots eye primer, not to mention where I live is very hot and humid so eyeshadow that stays must be one exceptional product. Impressive..

Have to take off one lippie for the glitters though, as there are many fallouts. I usually doing my face after eye makeup and pick glitter fallout with micropore paper tapes, it works!. I've to say that I do like a little 'blink blink', so if you're looking for matte colors, just forget this pallete. As for me, yes will repurchase this pallete again when this one run out, love it!

on 12/6/2009 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I really enjoy this pallete and use the colors in it daily for looks. It has a great mix of neutrals and more dramatic shades, and almost all of them flatter.
I wouldn't buy again because I don't use 2 of the shades (Oil Slick and Shattered) but if I ever ran out of any of the other ones I would purchase the single.
I seem to use Sin and Smog almost every day.
There is a LOT of glitter... Oil slick has so much glitter that it's completely unusable to me. The glitter with polyester bride is okay because I like a glittery inner corner highlight but oil slick is just ridiculous, it's the texture of coarse sand.
I got the Ammo Plus Primer kit and I have to say the value is incredible. A full bottle of UDPP and 7 shadows that I use regularly can't be beat for the $27 I got it for.
Edit: I had said I didn't like Maui Wowie but I wore it on NYE and loved it! Looked fantastic!

on 12/6/2009 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really like this palette. I knew it was chock full of glittery goodness when I bought it, so I wasn't disappointed in finding some of the colors less usable for everyday than others.

Out of the entire palette, I use the color Sin the most. I find that I like Sin a whole lot more than Stila's kitten. Sin seems to work with my NW25 skin better than kitten.

The colors I use the least are Oil Slick, Polyester Bride, and Maui Wowie. I'm not sure why I don't use Oil Slick more, it's right up my alley (my usual black smokey eye). I think I forget about it since it's in this palette (which lives in my purse). As far as Maui Wowie and Polyester Bride, I rarely use these because they are so full of glitter and I get lots of fallout. However, when I do use these; I get lots of bang for my buck b/c these are awesome shades. MW's gold is amazing over my MAC paint pot in Indianwood. And PB is super fun with lots of colors when going out. It's NOT a daytime shade for me.

I like this, but wouldn't purchase again since I don't really use all of the shades. I think I'll just purchase the shades I do use in full size.