Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I really like this palette. The colors are beautiful and shimmery.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This was my first high end eye palette and in the beginning I loved it. However over time I started picking it up less and less. The packaging is nice with the exception of the flimsy cosmetic sponge on a stick it came with. HATED! I love the magnetic closing and how travel friendly it is. The relaunched version you now get a brush and samples of the primer potion. Now they have some amazing colors in this palette such as smog, mildew, last call and chopper but the other shades were wayyyyyy to glittery for me. Of course the colors are pigmented and go on smooth. this is urban decay were talking about...lol. I returned this product solely because it wasn't versatile enough for me. It wasn't that many looks I could do with this palette. Yes it does have a black ( oil slick) but it has glitter in it and I like most people like a matte black to use for a smoky eye. Overall its not a sucky palette, I just wish It has colors that go hand and hand. Therefore you can make multiple looks which means getting the most out of your money!

I bought this on a whim from the Urban Decay website as I saw this was on sale for 15 dollars I said why not! I do like this pallette I love Maui Wowie,smog,sin,and chopper. I use almost all the colors in this palette except mildew and that light blue color. The only thing I don't like is that the glitter fallout is redicuolus it will ruin the rest of your makeup so do your shadow first if your using this pallette!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I know there is much rave about this pallets. I got it several years ago when it just came out. Tried it a few times, just found it too glittery to blend well. The sparkling powder falls on my lash often, makes my lash look clumsy and messy. Maybe eye shadow primer is a way to get around with the dusty issue, but UDPP gave my eyelids break out after just one try. It could be a good palette, just not for me.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

My latest acquired palette and I absolutely adore it!I have the the Ammo 2 palette, which has the newer formula of shadows (it is also much better).

The colours are super pretty and very wearable even for everyday looks. The purple/lilac shades are especially beautiful.

The only negative thing with the shadows is the glitter fallout. I have that problem with all UD shadows though and have changed my makeup routine to make it easier. I apply my shadow before I do the rest of my face. That way, I can wipe off the excess glitter without ruining my face makeup.

on 5/3/2013 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

As a medium dark African American in her early 50's no less,and luckily I have no wrinkles yet and I love this pallette. Yes, it does have way too much fallout so I just use it with my ELF mascara shield. Because it is so glittery :-) I don't use this on my entire eye. I balance the sparkle with some matte shadow from UD Naked Basics. I got it super cheap on sale for 16.00.

on 5/3/2013 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I was very tempted to give this a lower rating. The colors are very sparky, and there was an insane amount of fall out. Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy helped somewhat.

The colors lasted for a few hours but not as long as my Naked palette. Also, I thought they weren't as smooth and easy to work with.

on 3/30/2013 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

The Urban Decay ammo pallete was one of the first palletes I have ever gotten. The pigment is great and the shadows are really smooth and blendable. The only reason why I'm not too fond of this is how all of the colours are either shimmery or glittery. Since I tend to go for more matte, neutral eyeshadows, this pallete doesn't get used much by me.

Wonderful pigmentation, easy to blend, cruelty-free, and good value for money, in my opinion. The packaging is nice, too, and it stays closed, unlike Naked (I have the old packaging, though). The only problem is the amount of glitter/fallout with some of these shades, which is why I took off a lippie.

SIN: This is the unpopular opinion, but I don't like it very much. It's just a metallic champagne colour. Nothing special. Good for retro looks.

CHOPPER: Pretty copper colour. Looks *gorgeous* on blue eyes. Also good for the inner corner.

LAST CALL: My current favourite out of the bunch. Beautiful metallic plum shade, I love using it on the outer corner or in the crease. No fallout.

GRIFTER: Great for putting all over the lid. Chunky glitter with lots of fallout if you don't pat it on. Pretty, subtle colour.

OIL SLICK: My favourite eyeshadow to put over liquid eyeliner. Adds shine to the eyes.

POLYESTER BRIDE: I wore this every day in grades 9 and half of grade 10. Bright white shade with chunky glitter which will fall all over your cheeks. I used to put it on the inner third. I loved this eyeshadow and won't say anything bad about it. It reminds me of Serena Van Der Woodsen, from Gossip Girl.

MILDEW: The most matte shade, in my opinion. I think it's really sexy, especially when used in a smokey eye.

SHATTERED: Makes a good lower-lash eyeliner. It's an electric blue, so it's hard to use up.

SMOG: **Not the same as the one in the Naked Palette!!** It's confusing because they have the same name but this is lighter and shimmery-er. It's full of glitter.

MAUI WOWIE: It looks like the perfect mix of gold and silver to me, with a metallic finish. Looks beautiful used as eyeliner, particularly under the eyes. Really makes the lashes stand out.

Overall, if you're not a fan of glitter, then I wouldn't recommend this palette, but the shades are a lot more versatile than one would believe by looking at them in the box. It lasts forever, too... I used Polyester Bride every day for a year and a half and it's still truckin' (I have hit pan, though). I'd buy it again if it ever ran out, though.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It is a great palette with a variety of very pigmented eye shadows.
However these colours are shimmery and glittery, which means that those of age won't find it flattering to their eyes.

It can also be quite messy because there is a lot of fallout while applying the eye shadow.

What I don't like about this palette is the applicator. I find it completely useless.