Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Filtered by eye Color : Blue age: 30-35
Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/9/2014 2:40:00 PM

Ammo was a palette I wanted the first time it launched, but never got around to buying it. When they re-released it, with the new eyeshadow formula, I was super excited. I finally got a chance to swatch these shades at Ulta recently and bought the last Ammo palette. The reason I settled on Ammo, instead of the more popular Naked palettes, is because I already own so many neutral and rose-gold shadows in brands like Wet 'n Wild and L'Oreal and Coastal Scents that I really like them. When it comes to bold color, however, nobody beats Urban Decay, in my humble opinion. If I want neutrals, I turn to my less expensive shadows. It I want BAM! pops of color, I go with Urban Decay every time.

This palette contains 10 shades - Smog, Mildew, Last Call, Oil Slick, Chopper, Maui Wowie, Shattered, Polyester Bride, Grifter, and Sin. These range from satiny shimmers to glitter bombs. These are all part of UD's permanent eyeshadow line. This review is for the palette with UD's new formula, so I can't compare fallout to older UD.

Some people have stated that this palette isn't practical for every day looks. I have to respectfully disagree. I actually wore Smog, Sin, and Mildew on my lids to church this morning, and I attend a very conservative, traditional church and it looked appropriate. Yes, you could pile on some Oil Slick and Shattered for a wild look, but with a light hand and good brushes you can use these shades to create daytime looks.

The shades come in a sturdy cardboard compact that is a nice size for travel. It has a strong magnetic closure. The outside of the box is a gorgeous silver with a purple embossed decorative skull with tiny little details in the line work. Inside there is a generous size mirror and a small makeup brush with "UD" and a little skull printed at the base of the handle. UD also includes a sample size tube of their original Primer Potion. I am pretty loyal to Milani, but since it was a freebie I have used the PP. It works about the same as the Milani.

This retails for around $34, but it goes on sale quite regularly at Ulta and Sephora. The texture of the shades varies. Mildew, Smog, Sin, Last Call, and Shattered are all buttery soft, apply beautifully, and blend exceptionally well. Oil Slick and Polyester Bride have a rather off-putting feel to them. Almost chalky due to the large amount of glitter. I tried using Polyester Bride on my inner lids and it irritated my eyes something fierce. I'm not sure if that's a shade I'll dip into often, if at all. The other shades in the palette fall somewhere in between the others in terms of how they feel.

All have rich color payoff, which is to be expected from Urban Decay. Oil Slick is a little patchy, but with a good brush and maybe patting it onto the lid, or using it to set a liquid eyeliner, I can see where it would be nice. There is a lot of fallout, granted, it's not as bad as some of the older reviews (pre-formula revamp) reported. I apply my eyeshadow first, then my foundation afterward, so that I can use a makeup remover wipe after shadow application to clean up any fallout. I found that Smog left quiet a bit of shimmer under my eyes and along the bridge of my nose even using a light hand and tapping my brushes before application.

Would I buy this entire palette again? No, but I would invest in full-sized versions of Mildew, Sin, Smog, Shattered, and Grifter.

I was really stoked to purchase this palette for 12$ on sale at the Urban Decay website as this was a total steal because all of there palettes are up there in price. The palette comes in a cardboard like casing and magnetized for closing and opening with a velvey texture on the cover. Every shade in this palette is gorgeous and super pigmented with glitter in them. There isn't a single shade that I wouldn't use here. The only issue I have is some of the glitter falls all over your face and cannot be brushed off or covered with concealer so this is something to just accept and im sure this is something beyond their control as glitter is loose. I love all of the colors and would only really buy it again at a bargained price as im on a budget. Highly recommended as the colors are very easy to work with and really stunning.

on 5/6/2013 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this set on a whim- and I really wish I hadn't. There is so much shimmer and glitter fallout, I look like I'm going to a rave. Which would've been cool in 1999, when I was 21, but I'm getting a bit too old for that look now. The color selection is pretty, but most of the colors don't work well together, so it's more of a random collection than a pallette, in my opinion. The pigmentation is pretty good, but the colors do seem to fade over the course of the day on me. (Other than the glitter, which never dies.) The packaging that it comes in is quite cool looking and unique, but I'm not wearing the packaging, so that's not really much to recommend it for. I don't get much use out of this product, unfortunately.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Ammo. Great palette. I didn't originally buy it when I saw it (I'd been looking for the Wallpaper palette and this was what was available) because I didn't like that it had a gun on it...but I got over that (oh, it's fine), because my brother gave it to me as a gift! Good brother.

It's a great palette, and I've been using it most every time I apply eyeshadow (say, 3 out of 5 times). Super-portable, and light, and a good mirror.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I think this is a must-have for everyone. There are so many options with this palette. Granted, it can be a gateway drug to more UD cosmetics. I really love a lot of the shades that are in this palette, particularly Sin, Smog, Mildew and Shattered.

on 3/5/2010 4:27:00 PM

This was the first palette that I bought from UD. I've used their single eyeshadows but really wanted to get a palette because their packaging is always so cute! I love this palette and the colors. Last Call and Oil Stick are my faves!

on 3/21/2009 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this palette. All of the colors are user friendly and easy to apply. I don't normally like sparkle, but these are fun. Easy to throw in a bag for trips and still have lots of shadow choices too!

I'm not sure what I've gotten myself into - but suddenly I'm DYING to buy the rest of the UD palettes! I just bought this yesterday, and I am really loving the quality of the eyeshadows. I'm super-afraid of color, but did a respectable green smokey eye with Mildew, Maui Wowie, Oil Slick, and Polyester Bride last night. It's really easy to blend, goes on wonderfully smooth, and isn't so horrifying pigmented that I can't manage it. It's staying power is pretty awesome, too. I fell asleep with it on last night, and this morning it was still there!

I also did a wash of Sin with a tiny bit of Last Call and it looks great.

I'm taking off a lippie because of the glitter. It just falls all over my cheeks, and I don't really like that. There's a LOT of glitter in this palette!