Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/6/2015 1:38:00 PM

This palette is now available for $16 on the UD website. I own this one (the very first higher end palette I ever purchased). Love the shadows, though they are a little powdery. Hate the names of the shadows. Nice range of colors.

on 3/9/2014 2:40:00 PM

Ammo was a palette I wanted the first time it launched, but never got around to buying it. When they re-released it, with the new eyeshadow formula, I was super excited. I finally got a chance to swatch these shades at Ulta recently and bought the last Ammo palette. The reason I settled on Ammo, instead of the more popular Naked palettes, is because I already own so many neutral and rose-gold shadows in brands like Wet 'n Wild and L'Oreal and Coastal Scents that I really like them. When it comes to bold color, however, nobody beats Urban Decay, in my humble opinion. If I want neutrals, I turn to my less expensive shadows. It I want BAM! pops of color, I go with Urban Decay every time.

This palette contains 10 shades - Smog, Mildew, Last Call, Oil Slick, Chopper, Maui Wowie, Shattered, Polyester Bride, Grifter, and Sin. These range from satiny shimmers to glitter bombs. These are all part of UD's permanent eyeshadow line. This review is for the palette with UD's new formula, so I can't compare fallout to older UD.

Some people have stated that this palette isn't practical for every day looks. I have to respectfully disagree. I actually wore Smog, Sin, and Mildew on my lids to church this morning, and I attend a very conservative, traditional church and it looked appropriate. Yes, you could pile on some Oil Slick and Shattered for a wild look, but with a light hand and good brushes you can use these shades to create daytime looks.

The shades come in a sturdy cardboard compact that is a nice size for travel. It has a strong magnetic closure. The outside of the box is a gorgeous silver with a purple embossed decorative skull with tiny little details in the line work. Inside there is a generous size mirror and a small makeup brush with "UD" and a little skull printed at the base of the handle. UD also includes a sample size tube of their original Primer Potion. I am pretty loyal to Milani, but since it was a freebie I have used the PP. It works about the same as the Milani.

This retails for around $34, but it goes on sale quite regularly at Ulta and Sephora. The texture of the shades varies. Mildew, Smog, Sin, Last Call, and Shattered are all buttery soft, apply beautifully, and blend exceptionally well. Oil Slick and Polyester Bride have a rather off-putting feel to them. Almost chalky due to the large amount of glitter. I tried using Polyester Bride on my inner lids and it irritated my eyes something fierce. I'm not sure if that's a shade I'll dip into often, if at all. The other shades in the palette fall somewhere in between the others in terms of how they feel.

All have rich color payoff, which is to be expected from Urban Decay. Oil Slick is a little patchy, but with a good brush and maybe patting it onto the lid, or using it to set a liquid eyeliner, I can see where it would be nice. There is a lot of fallout, granted, it's not as bad as some of the older reviews (pre-formula revamp) reported. I apply my eyeshadow first, then my foundation afterward, so that I can use a makeup remover wipe after shadow application to clean up any fallout. I found that Smog left quiet a bit of shimmer under my eyes and along the bridge of my nose even using a light hand and tapping my brushes before application.

Would I buy this entire palette again? No, but I would invest in full-sized versions of Mildew, Sin, Smog, Shattered, and Grifter.

on 9/27/2013 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I honestly can't decide if I like this or not. One thing you should be advised about is that this has glitter. Not shimmer, not a metallic finish, glitter; and chunks of it. I'm only 21, but I'm not a fan at all of glitter, my favorite is matte. Most of the shadows have glitter, others are more of a metallic finish. Overall, these are highly pigmented as Urban Decay is known for. I've never had anything from them and was pleasantly surprised at the quality. The color itself has no fallout, but the glitter does, I got it on top of my cheeks and all around my eyes somehow. I also was sad about Underground (?), the black shade was great in pigmentation, but didn't seem bendable which is not only a must with eyeshadow, but definitely fit a smokey eye such is what mostly black is used for. It seemed like wherever I put it, it stayed there, that's it. I didn't like Polyester Bride being a white with shimmer, not my ideal on the browbone bringing me to the point that I don't understand why they're really isn't any highlight shades. I do however love Sin and Maui Wowie. I've been going back and forth about keeping this or returning it, but I got it on sale for $12, so I may just keep it, but personally, I would never pay full price ($38USD), but anyone who likes glitter, I think it would be worth it for them. Overall, I think for most that this is a pallet for accentuating. To maybe use a specific unique color in their look, but I don't think this is one to create while looks with really too much. It's a good pallet, it's just very specific and I'm not liking the glitter.

on 8/24/2013 12:25:00 AM

Great palette. Silky, blendable shadows. 10 colors to compliment any skin tone or eye color. I have used this for years and love that I can change it up to compliment my outfit color or just to add a burst of color to my Naked palette. Last Call adds a great cranberry color that goes with everything. My only complaint is that Shattered tends to fade if you forget to put on your primer, but it fades to nice color so it's not really a negative issue.

I was really stoked to purchase this palette for 12$ on sale at the Urban Decay website as this was a total steal because all of there palettes are up there in price. The palette comes in a cardboard like casing and magnetized for closing and opening with a velvey texture on the cover. Every shade in this palette is gorgeous and super pigmented with glitter in them. There isn't a single shade that I wouldn't use here. The only issue I have is some of the glitter falls all over your face and cannot be brushed off or covered with concealer so this is something to just accept and im sure this is something beyond their control as glitter is loose. I love all of the colors and would only really buy it again at a bargained price as im on a budget. Highly recommended as the colors are very easy to work with and really stunning.

Cute packaging, and a ton of really fun shades to work with. Only buy this palette if you like glitter! Every eyeshadow has shimmer or a "sheen" to it. Oil Slick, Mildew, and Chopper are some of my favorite shades. "Last Call" is also beautiful!

on 5/6/2013 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this set on a whim- and I really wish I hadn't. There is so much shimmer and glitter fallout, I look like I'm going to a rave. Which would've been cool in 1999, when I was 21, but I'm getting a bit too old for that look now. The color selection is pretty, but most of the colors don't work well together, so it's more of a random collection than a pallette, in my opinion. The pigmentation is pretty good, but the colors do seem to fade over the course of the day on me. (Other than the glitter, which never dies.) The packaging that it comes in is quite cool looking and unique, but I'm not wearing the packaging, so that's not really much to recommend it for. I don't get much use out of this product, unfortunately.

this was my first eyeshadow palette from urban decay. contains a wide variety of shades, would recommend this to someone who isnt afraid of using colour! the shades are smog, maui wowie, last call, grifter, shattered, mildew, polyester bride, oil slick, sin and chopper. sin is my favourite shade, one of my all-time favourite eyeshadows.
i find that i dont use the brighter shades that often, i barely use shattered and mildew, although they are gorgeous colours, i dont experiment too much!
there is quite a bit of fallout with these shades, which is one of the few downsides to this palette. all the shades are shimmery, and some contain a large amount of glitter, so it wouldnt be suitable for those who prefer a matte look.
overall, i really enjoy using this palette, hope this review helped!

on 5/22/2012 8:54:00 PM

I decided to buy a pallet from UD but wanted something more versatile than the Naked. I'm so happy I got this one! A nice variety of colors ensure there are tons of looks to be made...my only grumble is that some of the colors are a little toooo glittery and might have been better off as just shimmery. But if you don't mind glitter and want an Urban Decay pallet I highly recommend!

on 12/3/2011 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Love, love, love this palette. I've had it for ages now (I don't wear makeup every day) and often if I'm going away for the weekend I'll just throw this in my makeup bag and that'll be it for eyeshadow. All the colors are gorgeous, some of them do have some glitter fallout, but that is fairly simple to manage.

I'm surprised at seeing people say this is only appropriate for young people or night time, I am 37 and have worn these shadows in daytime and to work often. I use Polyester Bride and Shattered the least, but have used them. A current fave look is Mildew on the lid with Smog in the crease; and Chopper is one of my favorite shadows. These are all on the shimmery side, but can be used intensely or more sparingly for a less intense look.

I have enough shadows that I doubt I'll ever use this palette up, but I definitely would consider buying it again... unless I'd managed to dupe most of the shadows in other palettes by then. I've already got two of Sin and Oil Slick!