Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This was my first high end eye palette and in the beginning I loved it. However over time I started picking it up less and less. The packaging is nice with the exception of the flimsy cosmetic sponge on a stick it came with. HATED! I love the magnetic closing and how travel friendly it is. The relaunched version you now get a brush and samples of the primer potion. Now they have some amazing colors in this palette such as smog, mildew, last call and chopper but the other shades were wayyyyyy to glittery for me. Of course the colors are pigmented and go on smooth. this is urban decay were talking about...lol. I returned this product solely because it wasn't versatile enough for me. It wasn't that many looks I could do with this palette. Yes it does have a black ( oil slick) but it has glitter in it and I like most people like a matte black to use for a smoky eye. Overall its not a sucky palette, I just wish It has colors that go hand and hand. Therefore you can make multiple looks which means getting the most out of your money!

on 1/15/2013 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

The only reason I say I wouldn't buy this product again is because I regularly use less than half of the colors. But on all other points, it's great.

This palette was given to me by a friend because I mentioned that I wanted to try Sin and she said I could have this since she had an extra (score!) It ended up being a great thing because I got a decent variety of UD colors to try.

That being said, I primarily use Sin, followed by Chopper and occasionally Smog. I'm pretty sure I've never even touched Shattered or Mildew.

The pigment is great, the colors work really well with my skin tone and they are lasting. I'm very happy with UD shadows, they're definitely high quality.

on 8/13/2012 1:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my first UD palette. I chose this one because of the large variety of colors, both neutral and bright. While the colors are gorgeous.. I can't use it due to the immense fallout and glitter bombs in most of the colors. Not only does it wind up all over my face, not only during application but throughout the day, but it drive my eyes crazy, even after I remove it.. the rest of the night and into the next day I feel like someone put salt in my eyes. I tried it for an entire week, thinking I would get used to it, but no luck. It's a terrible shame because it was so expensive, and I really looked forward to the purchase thinking I was getting the best. Now I'm stuck with $40 worth of shadow I cannot wear.... fair warning to anyone else considering a purchase.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I gave this palette an overall rating of 4, because overall, I have been impressed. It is expensive, and working with a wide range of cosmetic brands, I know I could find similar shades at cheaper prices. Having said that, I expect to pay for good quality products- if it wasn't, I'd have took it back. And I think there is a good selection of quality eye shadows in the palette
You could use these colours every day, and mix it up, or stick to pairing up the duo shadows.
Sin and Chopper- wearable everyday.
Grifter and Last Call- green eyes.
Oil Slick- I use wet as an eyeliner- it's the only way I'd use that shade.
Polyester Bride- did not have the white impactive pigment I was expecting, so I just use that as a highlighter.
And I tend to blend Maui Wowie with Mildew, these shadows blend amazingly- they don't go patchy on the eye. In fact I love blending Mildew with most colours in this palette- and the naked palette.
I find I have to build up Shattered on my lid to get more pigment from it.
I said Yes, I would buy this product again but it is lasting me forever- so yes it was expensive but it lasts. Pretty packaging makes a cute gift- the mirror inside is big enough to see all of your eye area too, not just a cm2 of eye lid!!! <3

on 6/8/2011 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Hell no, I would not buy this again. Why you wonder. One word:GLITTER. And it is sad because there are awesome shades in this palette as well (last call oilslick mildew). But the thing is with glitter that even when you are not using the glitter bombs the glitter somehow transfers from the palette to your brush and ends up sitting on your nose or forehead. And it stays there the whole day while you are trying to look like a grown up woman. Yes I've restricted this to nighttime wear only or mardi gras. And why are the shadows so tiny, I expected some bang for buck. Top of my shitlist this one.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Stunning palette. All the colors are versatile and It's easy to create natural looks or more dramatic. All the shadows, with the exception of grifter, are highly pigmented. My personal favorites are last call, mildew, smog, oil slick (makes a great line and crease definer), and sin. All shades are ultra wearable and blendable. Now for the bad...all the fall out! Glitter gets everywhere! It's not a dealbreaker but you really have to learn to manipulate and apply the shadow properly. Otherwise this is worth the the money. Mine also came with the UDPP in Eden. Love the primer which can also double as a concealer. I still get slight creasing...but it is much improved. Overall an awsome palette. Great for UD newbies.

on 12/16/2010 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I bought this palette as my first ever UD product and I wanted to try out the famous shadows that everyone was raving about. I don't regret the buy because some of the colors are real standouts like Mildew and Smog which are really great everyday colors. I love using Chopper, Maui Wowie and Polyester Bride when I'm going out for the night. However, the fall out for the glittery eyeshadows are INTENSE so you can't wear it during the day. Also some of the colors like Sin and Last Call are a little more suited to lighter skin tones I think so I don't love them. Still its a good palette to have on hand and its versatile. Now that I know what works on me I'd rather buy full size UD eyeshadows or buy the Naked Palette instead.

on 12/10/2010 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really loved this palette, I don't tend to buy pots because they take up too much space. I love the case it comes with a mirror, that I wish would stay in place, I hate that it flops over. So I hot glued a matching ribbon to keep it in place when I open it. The colors are great I used them on my friends and myself, looks great on most skin tones I'd say. I love oil slick and sin, the wand it comes with toss, because its better if you blend with a brush. I tried this with my fingers but it seemed to, I don't know if there's a word for it. It seem to not hold on as much a brush would.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

LOVE this UD pallet. It has a nice blend of semi-nautral colors for a tame day look, along with a collection of more daring shades for clubbing or going out. The packaging is sleek and artsy, just as all the colors in it.

Great pigmentation, super portable, nice mix of colors!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

first off, this is way smaller in person than i expected, but i like that. The e/s pans are narrow but deep (2 or 3 mm) so it fits easily in my makeup bag. my only worry is that the cardboard packaging will look worse over time. as for the actual product, wow! this is my first set of UD shadows and they are so smooth. blows every other company out of the water. I also use these as liners with a wet eyeliner brush (i use the bent one from sephora's platinum brush line). the shadows stay so smooth and light with great staying power, i like them better than gel liners. All the shadows are gorgeous and have noticeable but not tacky shimmer/glitter when wearing them. The only glitterbomb in the palette is maui wowie but i like the shade of sin better anyways. Overall, great fill weight, quality and price because i also use these as eyeliners to save a little $.