Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Filtered by hair type : Other
Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I have just re-discovered the fun of eyeshadow. Last Monday I popped by MAC to get a few tips. They tried a nice teal frost and I bought it for $20. By Friday I realized I needed some kind of primer, so I decided to go to Sephora on my way home. I saw this and just had to have it! For just twice what I paid for the single at MAC, I got this cute set with a sample primer, a useful brush and 10 really cool shades to play with!!!!! I have been playing with this all weekend. I love the primer and find all the colours very fun. You can use this set to get ready for anything. I have found very little fall-out and the glitter is fine. I guess I have the newer set. You can use the colours in many ways. I am just learning what works for me.
I really wanted fun colours to play with. This set gives me colours that pop as well as more neutral ones. With the primer, it lasts all day! Even though I paid full price, I am very happy with my purchase.

I bought this on a whim from the Urban Decay website as I saw this was on sale for 15 dollars I said why not! I do like this pallette I love Maui Wowie,smog,sin,and chopper. I use almost all the colors in this palette except mildew and that light blue color. The only thing I don't like is that the glitter fallout is redicuolus it will ruin the rest of your makeup so do your shadow first if your using this pallette!

I was really stoked to purchase this palette for 12$ on sale at the Urban Decay website as this was a total steal because all of there palettes are up there in price. The palette comes in a cardboard like casing and magnetized for closing and opening with a velvey texture on the cover. Every shade in this palette is gorgeous and super pigmented with glitter in them. There isn't a single shade that I wouldn't use here. The only issue I have is some of the glitter falls all over your face and cannot be brushed off or covered with concealer so this is something to just accept and im sure this is something beyond their control as glitter is loose. I love all of the colors and would only really buy it again at a bargained price as im on a budget. Highly recommended as the colors are very easy to work with and really stunning.

on 5/3/2013 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

As a medium dark African American in her early 50's no less,and luckily I have no wrinkles yet and I love this pallette. Yes, it does have way too much fallout so I just use it with my ELF mascara shield. Because it is so glittery :-) I don't use this on my entire eye. I balance the sparkle with some matte shadow from UD Naked Basics. I got it super cheap on sale for 16.00.

on 5/3/2013 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I was very tempted to give this a lower rating. The colors are very sparky, and there was an insane amount of fall out. Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy helped somewhat.

The colors lasted for a few hours but not as long as my Naked palette. Also, I thought they weren't as smooth and easy to work with.

on 3/30/2013 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

The Urban Decay ammo pallete was one of the first palletes I have ever gotten. The pigment is great and the shadows are really smooth and blendable. The only reason why I'm not too fond of this is how all of the colours are either shimmery or glittery. Since I tend to go for more matte, neutral eyeshadows, this pallete doesn't get used much by me.

on 12/8/2012 1:03:00 AM

My first UD palette. Love all the colors but 5 of them have big chunks of glitter, i don't use these colors anymore! the only way i can use them sometimes is when i lightly dab it on my lid with the fingers, otherwise the glitter is all over my face and its hard to take it off with any brush unless i wash my face. I would recommend to stay away from glittery UD eyeshadows!

When it comes to eye shadow, I can honestly say that Urban Decay has got it down about as close as one will find to perfection! I can say without a doubt in the world that their products are well worth every penny spent when compared to every drugstore product I've ever tried; and that this is a true example of the "you get what you pay for" theory. The Ammo Palette is one of UD's best for the simple fact that it offers endless color combos and a variety of options. Day or night, this palette offers availability for looks that are natural, smokey, or bright!

on 1/27/2012 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Glitter fall out central! I do not recommend this palette for work!!

on 12/3/2011 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Love, love, love this palette. I've had it for ages now (I don't wear makeup every day) and often if I'm going away for the weekend I'll just throw this in my makeup bag and that'll be it for eyeshadow. All the colors are gorgeous, some of them do have some glitter fallout, but that is fairly simple to manage.

I'm surprised at seeing people say this is only appropriate for young people or night time, I am 37 and have worn these shadows in daytime and to work often. I use Polyester Bride and Shattered the least, but have used them. A current fave look is Mildew on the lid with Smog in the crease; and Chopper is one of my favorite shadows. These are all on the shimmery side, but can be used intensely or more sparingly for a less intense look.

I have enough shadows that I doubt I'll ever use this palette up, but I definitely would consider buying it again... unless I'd managed to dupe most of the shadows in other palettes by then. I've already got two of Sin and Oil Slick!