Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

3.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is definitely not my favorite and to be honest has turned me off to UD eyeshadow completely. There are huge (HUGE!!!!) glitter chunks in this mofo. While the colors are pretty and semi-unique, I really don't need glitter the size of damn sequins rolling down my cheeks, thankyouverymuch.

on 11/20/2013 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was the palette that started my UD obsession (ok, maybe addiction!) Many of the colors do have lots of glitter, so if you aren't a fan of being sparkly this palette is not for you. I have the older "vintage" version of Ammo and don't have nearly the glitter fall out issues many other reviewers complain of. I always use an eye primer and a sticky base (Too Faced Glitter Glue, NYX Milk) under the glitter shades. I also apply the glitters with my finger, I press the shadow onto my lid instead of using a brush. The standout colors of this palette are Mildew, Grifter, and Mowie Wowie. I have also recently layered Mildew and Shattered over each other and end up with an amazing, almost duo-tone, teal green. This is such a great palette, and of the 10 UD palettes I own, this is one of my favorites.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I found this palette for ten dollars at Sephora.com-- the low price was my primary reason for buying it, along with the green and gold shades of shadow.

All the colors looked great when I swatched them in store, but in practice, I find they are very difficult to use in day to day life-- and that is coming from someone that wears some outlandish eye make up, from glitter to neon!

Smog is a coppery shimmery color I'm still experimenting with the best way to use-- it's very bright, it just seems wrong to just use it as a base color for something else.

Mildew is far and away my favorite-- I love the green, I love the way it looks with my other green and gold shadows, and I love the way it looks patted over black eyeliner for a splash of color.

Oil Slick I haven't done much with-- I tend to apply my blacks wet as a liner or smudge them out for a softer line-- this one had a ton of fall out and didn't blend out well, which was disappointing.

Last call is this great plummy red purple-- it looks great on but is somewhat difficult to pair with other colors and I find it too intense to be an all over lid shade.

Chopper is a lot like Smog-- I haven't quite made up my mind what to do with it, mostly because I veer away from most neutral/brown/copper shades.

Maui Wowie is a lot of fun, but the fall out and lack of color pay off kills me. I expect some fall out with glitter, but I'll still be wiping it off after my shower, some nights.

Shattered is my second favorite-- a big surprise! I don't usually wear blue, but this one just has enough green to look flattering against my skin and I love it as an accent color above the outside third of my eyes. Beautiful.

Polyester Bride I use as a highlight on occasion, but nothing more. It's a nice white shadow with good color payoff, but that's all I can really say about it. Nothing exciting or unavailable elsewhere.

Grifter I like to pair with shattered for a sort of "cotton candy" colored dual toned eye-- but oh the fall out! There's just so much of it, seemingly no matter what I do. The color is great, the failure to keep glitter off my cheeks is not.

Sin is a color that I like to glide on to darken up some of my golds in the crease, but I don't tend to use it a great deal on its own. I'm still experimenting with this one as well.

Overall it was a great purchase for ten bucks, but there was also a reason I didn't pick it up until it was that price-- it is difficult to wear in the real world. Definitely not for those that work in an office or a more conservative workplace! Watch out for fall out, but there are some great gems in here if you don't want to purchase the shadow shades included at full size/price.

Bottom line: Watch for fallout, and if you can snag it on sale, you may find some unexpected favorites!

on 9/27/2013 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I honestly can't decide if I like this or not. One thing you should be advised about is that this has glitter. Not shimmer, not a metallic finish, glitter; and chunks of it. I'm only 21, but I'm not a fan at all of glitter, my favorite is matte. Most of the shadows have glitter, others are more of a metallic finish. Overall, these are highly pigmented as Urban Decay is known for. I've never had anything from them and was pleasantly surprised at the quality. The color itself has no fallout, but the glitter does, I got it on top of my cheeks and all around my eyes somehow. I also was sad about Underground (?), the black shade was great in pigmentation, but didn't seem bendable which is not only a must with eyeshadow, but definitely fit a smokey eye such is what mostly black is used for. It seemed like wherever I put it, it stayed there, that's it. I didn't like Polyester Bride being a white with shimmer, not my ideal on the browbone bringing me to the point that I don't understand why they're really isn't any highlight shades. I do however love Sin and Maui Wowie. I've been going back and forth about keeping this or returning it, but I got it on sale for $12, so I may just keep it, but personally, I would never pay full price ($38USD), but anyone who likes glitter, I think it would be worth it for them. Overall, I think for most that this is a pallet for accentuating. To maybe use a specific unique color in their look, but I don't think this is one to create while looks with really too much. It's a good pallet, it's just very specific and I'm not liking the glitter.

on 5/6/2013 3:43:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this set on a whim- and I really wish I hadn't. There is so much shimmer and glitter fallout, I look like I'm going to a rave. Which would've been cool in 1999, when I was 21, but I'm getting a bit too old for that look now. The color selection is pretty, but most of the colors don't work well together, so it's more of a random collection than a pallette, in my opinion. The pigmentation is pretty good, but the colors do seem to fade over the course of the day on me. (Other than the glitter, which never dies.) The packaging that it comes in is quite cool looking and unique, but I'm not wearing the packaging, so that's not really much to recommend it for. I don't get much use out of this product, unfortunately.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I don't actually like UD, but I have a bad habit of buying their palettes, for some reason. Anyway, Urban Ammo is a 10-pan which features a good mix of neutrals, including golden bronze (pearl), light gold (glitter), light fawn/chocolate milkshake (glitter), champagne (glitter), black (glitter) and white (glitter), plus colors - pinky-plum (satin), lilac (glitter), medium aqua with strong golden shimmer, and deep leafy green (pearl). I find UD shadows to be sheer even over primer, and the glittery shades all have dreadful fallout, but they do have a nice soft texture. The packaging, as is usual with UD, is both cute and well-made: black case with a luxe yet edgy lavender/purple flocked velvet design, plus a great magnetic closure that keeps it from opening in my bag and getting e/s all over everything. I mostly use this palette as a grab and go for vacations, romantic weekends, etc. when I don't want to have to think about what makeup to bring. Oddly, out of everything included, I've gotten the most use out of the double-ended sponge applicator that came with. I use it to apply shadow to the lid - since it's almost the length of a normal brush, it's easier to work with than the conventional tiny ones.

on 1/15/2013 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The colors are beautiful! I would have loved this some years back. Got this in a swap and was so excited to try it but I'm now over 40 and if I use eye shadow that's too shimmery/frosty/glittery, Father Time will have an easier chance locating me. I've eluded him farly successfully for years and am trying to keep the chase going.

I still gravitate to all things shiny and pretty but being realistic I can't wear these as they don't do me any favors.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this! It was my very first "high end" palette! I think that it is excellent for beginners because it has a nice range of colors. Some of the shadows do contain large amounts of glitter but I don't mind. After you're finished with your eye makeup, just use a piece of tape to pick up the fall out. It takes like 2 seconds! I would recommend this palette to someone who is just starting out with their makeup collection and wants a nice variety of neutral and colored shades!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I wouldn't buy this product again but that's not to say it isn't good. I'm a big Urban Decay fan and I don't regret buying this, it was my first palette ever.

I really do love the colors and they apply well, but it's nothing groundbreaking. I don't use most of these shades all that much. I would buy Sin again, maybe Smog, but none of the others.

I like using Smog as a crease color and Chopper as a lid color. Sin is my go-to wash color on lazy days. Last Call and Grifter go great together, and Shattered is very flattering; I like using those three shades on nights out sometimes. Oil Slick is good for eyeliner, but as a pale girl I can't apply it in any other way without looking dead. Polyester Bride is a good highlighter but has a lot of fallout. Mildew looks terrible on me no matter how I use it.

I HATE Maui Wowie, hate it hate it hate it, just like I hate all of UD's glitterbomb shades. Part of me wants to throw it out because it just gets glitter ALL OVER MY FACE no matter what I do. I've tried so many painstakingly tedious methods to try and avoid fallout but this shade is hellbent on making me angry. And so the Maui Wowie remains rather untouched in my palette. We are still enemies today.

The packaging is nice and simple and comes with a mirror. It's black and has purple designs on top. I liked the way it looked so much that I depotted all the shades and now use the empty palette as a coaster, haha. This kind of open-close palette style is SO much better than the horrible packaging UD uses for their Book of Shadows palettes.

All in all, this palette is kinda meh, but the most I use it is when I take it with me when I travel. If you look at the swatch pictures and feel impressed, then yeah, go ahead, buy it, but it's no Naked palette, that's for damn sure.

Overall, I really like this palette. There are a good variety of colors, making it possible to do many different looks as opposed to just a couple. My biggest (and only) complaint about this palette is the glitter. No matter what, I wind up with glitter all over my face and the only way to get rid of it is with wet wipes, which can't be very good for your skin.