Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/15/2013 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

The only reason I say I wouldn't buy this product again is because I regularly use less than half of the colors. But on all other points, it's great.

This palette was given to me by a friend because I mentioned that I wanted to try Sin and she said I could have this since she had an extra (score!) It ended up being a great thing because I got a decent variety of UD colors to try.

That being said, I primarily use Sin, followed by Chopper and occasionally Smog. I'm pretty sure I've never even touched Shattered or Mildew.

The pigment is great, the colors work really well with my skin tone and they are lasting. I'm very happy with UD shadows, they're definitely high quality.

on 12/27/2010 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading rave reviews for years about UD ES I bought the Ammo and Pony box at Sephora. The pony box was only $20 and I had a $20 gift card so it was free.

The color payoff is good with all these shadows, but the consistency is so shimmery I had to apply a lot to get the color I wanted. And the fallout is ridiculous for most of the shadows. In my opinion it looks trashy. Using it the first time I was having some fun and applied different colors from the palettes to my daughters ages 8 and 11 using the UD primer potion. I discovered it's not just my 48 years of age and oily skin affecting the color and the fading. Both my daughters looked horrible with glitter all over their face and to my suprise the colors (I used different ones on each) faded quite badly on them as well.

I know UD has a cult following, but both of these are going back. I'll stick with MUFE, LM, Lorac and Chantecaille. They are more expensive but worth the price to not look like a clown.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got mine on Ebay so I bought it for $29. I absolutely love this palette! TOP ROW review first!
Smog- pretty sable brown really nice for a toned down or warm look.
Mildew- Exotic green that would be great for a natural or messy look
Oil Slick- (one of my faves!) DEEP DEEP DEEP pigemented black with silver glitter i LOVE IT!
Last Call- This is so exotic too! Like a plum with pinkish hue. Very nice ;)
Chopper- I thought I'd hate this color because it looks like a weird copper but it's actually very beachy and nice. good summer color :)
BOTTOM ROW review!
Maui Wowie- This is the coolest looking neutral!! It's like an antique gold with a cool tone i lovvvvve it! It's a very pinup looking color. ;)
Shattered- Possibly the prettiest duotone ever! Another great Summer color!
Polyester Bride- The name says it all. haha!
Grifter- Light lavender with silver sparkles. It's so pretty especially when mixed with Oil Slick. :D
Sin- Gorge-ous champagne color! Great for a summer look :)

-DarkGlamour17

on 2/20/2010 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

absolutely gorgeous colors. smog and last call are beautiful green/purple. each color compliments the other and they go on smooth. at first the glitter bothered me, but it was b/c i had an old version and once you get to the bottom it gets worse. for nights out its great on my nc40 skintone, except for the last two pinky beige which don't show up.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this palette while at Sephora last weekend. I was a little apprehensive as there is a lot of glitter in these shadows and I'm not exactly 20 anymore and don't want to go around looking like I'm pretending to be a teenager again - BUT - all I have to do is open this palette and gaze at the colors and they make me HAPPY!! They are so gorgeous, plus they're easy to apply and blend. Will save the glittery ones for nights out or vacations. Very happy with purchase. I said I wouldn't buy this again only because I think it's going to last me a very long time.

on 11/10/2009 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I've had this for awhile but have only recently begun using it. At first, I was surprised by how small it was, but considering the amount of eye shadows I own and how I will probably hit pan on only a small handful of them, that's not really a concern. It's also nice for travel, as you get several shades to work with but no bulky storage problems.

There are quite a few shadows that fall into the chunky glitter category. I don't abhor glitter, but I don't find it necessary for every day (although the base colors of these shadows is often great--if you can tap the majority of the glitter off your brush enough to enjoy them). The shimmery shades are all smooth and well-pigmented, though, and I think there are enough of these in the palette to balance the inconvenience of the others. I also like that the shades in this palette give me the opportunity to try some of the colors of the full size shadows that I've been eyeing without having to commit to a long-term relationship.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this palette, as it introduced me to sin, a great highlighter/ brow bone color. All the colors are fabulous but oil slick, polyester bride, chopper, grifter. and maui wowie have more glitter, where smog, sin, last call, midew, and shattered are more lustre colors. Smog + Mildew= a lovely look for brown/ hazel eyed girls.

on 11/23/2008 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Urban Decay Ammo Palette holds 10 of Urban Decay's best selling eye shadows. They are paired in coordinating shades so that you can create 5 looks. The colors included are : Smog (shimmery taupe brown), Maui Wowie (gilded gold with glitter), Mildew (olive green), Shattered(turquoise blue), Oil Slick(black with glitter), Polyester Bride (off white with glitter), Last Call (deep lavender), Grifter (light lilac with glitter), Chopper(light brown with shimmer) and Sin (peachy champagne). Urban Decay eye shadows are very shimmery and some even have glitter. Overall, the staying power is good and the color payoff is very nice. Also, most UD shadows go on smoothly and are very blandable. However, some UD eye shadows are very chalky and powdery such as Polyester Bride which is an off white highlighter color with a lot of glitter and major fall out. Oil Slick is also difficult to work with because it does not blend as nicely and blendability is a must for a black eye shadow. In this palette, my favorite shades are Mildew, Smog, Last Call, Chopper and Sin (these two are neutral shades). The packaging is very pretty. It is a black cardboard case with velvet and foil Urban Decay elements on the lid. This is a nice palette if you are curious about UD eye shadows and want to try out a few shades. It retails for 34.00 at beauty.com or you can get it for $39.00 at the UD site and you will also get some Primer Potion included.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Great quality, cute colors, awesome for a night out.