Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/25/2012 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like Urban Decay shadows, and after finding 2 of the colors I wanted in this palette, I took the plunge. My makeup scheme tries for "me but better" look, but I wanted to have some color too. This shadow set is the answer. I love the colors and even found a nice way to wear the blue/green in an age-appropriate way that gets me compliments. The only colors I haven't done are the black/white: I just don't seem to have the hang of doing the smokey eye look. But this little set of colors is perfect, so many variations can be made and so easy to pack just this one shadow set for a trip. Love, love, love Urban Decay eyes. FYI: I have the Naked palette too. It also rocks.

on 12/3/2011 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Love, love, love this palette. I've had it for ages now (I don't wear makeup every day) and often if I'm going away for the weekend I'll just throw this in my makeup bag and that'll be it for eyeshadow. All the colors are gorgeous, some of them do have some glitter fallout, but that is fairly simple to manage.

I'm surprised at seeing people say this is only appropriate for young people or night time, I am 37 and have worn these shadows in daytime and to work often. I use Polyester Bride and Shattered the least, but have used them. A current fave look is Mildew on the lid with Smog in the crease; and Chopper is one of my favorite shadows. These are all on the shimmery side, but can be used intensely or more sparingly for a less intense look.

I have enough shadows that I doubt I'll ever use this palette up, but I definitely would consider buying it again... unless I'd managed to dupe most of the shadows in other palettes by then. I've already got two of Sin and Oil Slick!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I loved this palette. It wasn't my first UD palette, it's actually my second, but it's my favorite UD palette so far. I love how all the colors can go together or contrast each other when mixed and matched. I also liked that the palette had a lot of variety. It had naturals, brights and darks. Some of the shadows were very sparkly, but I found if you use a light hand and build on the color, the sparkles didn't glom onto your eyelids as much. The packaging was really beautiful, but the velvet designs wore off of mine. I'm not sure if it wore off easily for everyone or if it was from me carelessly tossing the palette into my purse. I didn't much care for the eyeshadow primer that came with it, only because I don't like tinted primer. The few times I used it, however, it worked well. I just prefer UD's original primer formula. I find that I don't really need a primer with UD's eyeshadows, as they last me the whole day on their own. Overall, I love this palette, I love all the shadows, and out of the 3 UD palettes I own, I use this one the most.

on 6/12/2011 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love Urban Decay, but man! These shadows have WAY TOO MUCH GLITTER! My friend always asks me why I have shimmer all over my face. I wish I would have bought a palette from Too Faced instead.

on 4/28/2011 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is the first Urban Decay palette I've bought so I was certainly expecting a lot from the brand. I think the eyeshadows are wonderful, but the glitter has a tendency to get all over your face. It blends very easily and the colors are extremely pigmented. A little dab of your brush is all you really need to get the colors on your brush. All in all, i think I will return this and get something else that doesnt have this much glitter. My favorite is grifter, ironically. The light purple is soooo bright on my eye, it's a nice surprise. I was thinking about returning the palette, but I've fallen in love with it. I cant remember why I delayed buying this for soooo long.

on 2/14/2011 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This was a purchase when I went to the mall in search of a UD Naked pallet and came up short... But it's okay! When I bought it I figured I wouldn't use some of these, but so far only Mildew has gone untouched (I can't, and never have, been able to pull off green of any shade in clothing, makeup, ect.) Sin is a lot like Stila's Kitten (as is a whole bunch of other eye shadows, like Too Faced's Silk Teddy), but Smog and Maui Wowie was a big surprise to me. I wasn't too sure how these shades would look on me, but they can be used for a really nice neutral eye. Shattered was by far the biggest, nicest surprise for me. It looks like a boring blue, but on it morphs into a beautiful, iridescent, intense aqua.
Very nice. To avoid the individual cost I'd totally buy this again.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Great palette that gives you a lot of options. I have owned this palette for three years now and it is not near finished. Sin is by far my favorite shadow in this collection. Not a purchase I regret at all!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this as a christmas present from my husband along with the UD black book palette..i cant believe ive gone this long without having the AMMO palette in my makeup collection! The color are gorgeous.my faves are Last Call,mildew and shattered..i love them all but those are my faves!..people compalin about fall out from UD SHADOWS and the glitter?? Thats why they have the UDPP! Use that underneath your shadows and PACK not swipe them on and the fall out is very minimal.i am a UD lover for life and this palette has became my favorite palette i own so far next to my Costal Scents 88 palette...if i ever run out of my ammo palette i will def. Repurchase.

on 12/16/2010 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I bought this palette as my first ever UD product and I wanted to try out the famous shadows that everyone was raving about. I don't regret the buy because some of the colors are real standouts like Mildew and Smog which are really great everyday colors. I love using Chopper, Maui Wowie and Polyester Bride when I'm going out for the night. However, the fall out for the glittery eyeshadows are INTENSE so you can't wear it during the day. Also some of the colors like Sin and Last Call are a little more suited to lighter skin tones I think so I don't love them. Still its a good palette to have on hand and its versatile. Now that I know what works on me I'd rather buy full size UD eyeshadows or buy the Naked Palette instead.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i actually really loved this pallete. there where a few colors though that i already had in another pallete, but i have heard that urban decay uses the same colors just gives them different names. My fave color out of the bunch would have to be mildew, I LOVE IT. the color that doesnt seem to flatter my fair skin tone at all is sin.