Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Overall:I had the second version (newer) of the ammo palette. I wish they would make a new one. I purchased this and used it for one year. After great use, I've retired it and moved on to Naked2. I would not recommend purchasing this palette (either the 1st or 2nd release) because it was made so long ago.
Pros: I really enjoyed enjoyed this palette, its design, and the quality, pigmentation and color selection.
Cons: Older formulations, would recommend a newer made palette

Backstory: You can tell when UD eyeshadow goes bad right away: the brush kicks up way more product than usual, fallout increases, and the color moves into the crease no matter what primer you use. I get a little milia either on my upper water line, or just above a lash hair, and then I know it's time to move on. Please be careful. I have extremely sensitive skin, but shadows do go off. I called UD about how long their clearance would be good for, and they told me the shadows stay good, on the shelf, for 3 years after production. So now I try to pay attention to when the texture of the shadows changed and only keep them for 1 to 2 years after opening. I had the original Naked 1 palette and eventually had to get rid of it because the shadows weren't performing, same with the ammo (version 2) and my old old old deluxe singles were the same way. UD has great quality!! but if you buy the ammo now, on sale, it might not last the 12 or 24 months the box says it's good for. I would repurchase a palette with the same colors in a heartbeat if they were newly made. Grifter with last call and polyester bride to give more dimension does AMAZING things for hazel eyes. I have never gotten compliments on eye shadow like with that combo. I will miss this palette!!!

I have just re-discovered the fun of eyeshadow. Last Monday I popped by MAC to get a few tips. They tried a nice teal frost and I bought it for $20. By Friday I realized I needed some kind of primer, so I decided to go to Sephora on my way home. I saw this and just had to have it! For just twice what I paid for the single at MAC, I got this cute set with a sample primer, a useful brush and 10 really cool shades to play with!!!!! I have been playing with this all weekend. I love the primer and find all the colours very fun. You can use this set to get ready for anything. I have found very little fall-out and the glitter is fine. I guess I have the newer set. You can use the colours in many ways. I am just learning what works for me.
I really wanted fun colours to play with. This set gives me colours that pop as well as more neutral ones. With the primer, it lasts all day! Even though I paid full price, I am very happy with my purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love the colors in this palette. LOVE them all. As others have written, though, the glitter fallout is an issue. As a 30 year old, I don't want my face to be covered in glitter. Because of this I wouldn't repurchase, but don't regret that I bought this set. It's portable and perfect to take on trips because of the fun color selection.

on 1/19/2011 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I can't say I LOVE this palette. However, it is very nice and the colors can work for all sorts of occasions and everyday use. I typically use the neutral shades and as they are very pretty colors the fall out and the glitter factor is a big down side for me. I use a primer and even with that I get a heck of alot of fallout which can be hard to get off completely because of the glitter. Some colors are better than others. Smog is great for darkening the crease and outer v. Sin and Chopper and pretty good too but can come off alittle bit too peach/orange on my skin tone. I enjoy this pallette for the most part but because it isn't GREAT imo I wouldn't buy this again or even call it a favorite/loved product. It is still a pretty nice set for beginners though!

on 8/18/2010 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my first ever purchase from Sephora, and I love it. It's so pigmented, I've had it for over 8 months now and have barely made a dent in all the colors. And it's been the only eyeshadow I used for 7 months, except for a blue one I got separate that I only used a few times. I expect to get another year out of it before I even hit the bottom of the shadows! Beautiful colors, I'm a big glitter fan. Even though I plan on exploring other palettes in the future, I may buy this one again because it serves me so well.

on 7/18/2010 2:04:00 AM

I got this as a gift. Im not really a neutral fan so this palette wasnt amazing for me. I love oil slick tho. Its so pigmented & glittery. It also sets my black eyeliner and makes it last all day. I wanted to use polyester bride as a brow highlight, but no color showed up, just glitter. All of the colors are super pigmented and smooth (except the blue and purple shade are not that pigmented, but thats good if your not used to colors) i wouldnt have bought this palette myself, but im not giving it a back rating since it is a nice palette, just not for me.

on 7/16/2010 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great colors and long lasting when worn with primer potion! I use this palette often and love it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have the Summer of Love palette which has Smog, Chopper && Maui Wowie, but i wanted to get this palette since i love them for when i travel!
Smog- VERY pigmented bronze color. Im cool/neutral && this doesnt look gross or orange on me
Mildew- A dark green color. Im not really a fan of this since if im going to do green, ill use UD Graffiti. Mildew is good if your just getting into color
Oil Slick- ♥♥♥♥ I am obsessed with black eyeshadow && this is perfect! Its super pigmented and glittery!
Last Call- I would say this color is lighter than maroon. Its a deep pink with purple tones in it && it looks sort of red? Its really pigmented and it has a slight iridescence.
Chopper- Bronze color with slight orange tones, but it looks good on my cool/neutral skin. Some glitter but not much
Maui Wowie- A nice antique gold color, but in some lighting it looks like it has slight green tones (on me at least)
Shattered- Dont really like this one. Im a huge fan of blue eyeshadow, but i like UD Minx or UD Peace instead. They are more vibrant.
Polyester Bride- A nice brow highlight. It has very /slight/ silver tones to it but its mostly frosty white with subtle shimmer
Grifter- Not a fan.. its not that pigmented. Its good for somebody who doesnt like color eyeshadow, or is afraid to wear it.
Sin- Super pigmented & smooth. UD says its champagne color but i think it has slight pink tones to it. Its really really pretty!!

on 5/10/2010 3:35:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this palette because it's small and great for vacation. I went to Idaho for a week and this was the only eye shadow palette I brought and I was able to achieve a couple of different looks. This is definitely not for people who don't like glitter and shimmer. I think the color payoff is great and I love the packaging.

on 4/8/2010 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I didn't think I was going to like this palette because of the glitter but it happens to one that I go to most often because of the variety of looks you can get. The packaging is adorable and the size is perfect for travel. Most of the colors do have some glitter fall out but I just make sure to apply my eye mu before my foundation....problem solved.