Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 30-35
Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love UD... that is all.

My obsession with UD is far more than just that but, keep it simple :-)

Chopper, Sin, Polyester Bride, Maui Wowie, Oil Slick and Smog are my favorites for everyday use out of this palette. I have never used Shattered as I don't think it compliments me well. It's a very pretty color, though. Grifter and Last Call make an awesome "going out" smoky eye look with Oil Slick! Same with Mildew and Oil Slick with a touch of Maui Wowie and Polyester Bride.

Love. Just love.

on 3/9/2014 2:40:00 PM

Ammo was a palette I wanted the first time it launched, but never got around to buying it. When they re-released it, with the new eyeshadow formula, I was super excited. I finally got a chance to swatch these shades at Ulta recently and bought the last Ammo palette. The reason I settled on Ammo, instead of the more popular Naked palettes, is because I already own so many neutral and rose-gold shadows in brands like Wet 'n Wild and L'Oreal and Coastal Scents that I really like them. When it comes to bold color, however, nobody beats Urban Decay, in my humble opinion. If I want neutrals, I turn to my less expensive shadows. It I want BAM! pops of color, I go with Urban Decay every time.

This palette contains 10 shades - Smog, Mildew, Last Call, Oil Slick, Chopper, Maui Wowie, Shattered, Polyester Bride, Grifter, and Sin. These range from satiny shimmers to glitter bombs. These are all part of UD's permanent eyeshadow line. This review is for the palette with UD's new formula, so I can't compare fallout to older UD.

Some people have stated that this palette isn't practical for every day looks. I have to respectfully disagree. I actually wore Smog, Sin, and Mildew on my lids to church this morning, and I attend a very conservative, traditional church and it looked appropriate. Yes, you could pile on some Oil Slick and Shattered for a wild look, but with a light hand and good brushes you can use these shades to create daytime looks.

The shades come in a sturdy cardboard compact that is a nice size for travel. It has a strong magnetic closure. The outside of the box is a gorgeous silver with a purple embossed decorative skull with tiny little details in the line work. Inside there is a generous size mirror and a small makeup brush with "UD" and a little skull printed at the base of the handle. UD also includes a sample size tube of their original Primer Potion. I am pretty loyal to Milani, but since it was a freebie I have used the PP. It works about the same as the Milani.

This retails for around $34, but it goes on sale quite regularly at Ulta and Sephora. The texture of the shades varies. Mildew, Smog, Sin, Last Call, and Shattered are all buttery soft, apply beautifully, and blend exceptionally well. Oil Slick and Polyester Bride have a rather off-putting feel to them. Almost chalky due to the large amount of glitter. I tried using Polyester Bride on my inner lids and it irritated my eyes something fierce. I'm not sure if that's a shade I'll dip into often, if at all. The other shades in the palette fall somewhere in between the others in terms of how they feel.

All have rich color payoff, which is to be expected from Urban Decay. Oil Slick is a little patchy, but with a good brush and maybe patting it onto the lid, or using it to set a liquid eyeliner, I can see where it would be nice. There is a lot of fallout, granted, it's not as bad as some of the older reviews (pre-formula revamp) reported. I apply my eyeshadow first, then my foundation afterward, so that I can use a makeup remover wipe after shadow application to clean up any fallout. I found that Smog left quiet a bit of shimmer under my eyes and along the bridge of my nose even using a light hand and tapping my brushes before application.

Would I buy this entire palette again? No, but I would invest in full-sized versions of Mildew, Sin, Smog, Shattered, and Grifter.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Ammo. Great palette. I didn't originally buy it when I saw it (I'd been looking for the Wallpaper palette and this was what was available) because I didn't like that it had a gun on it...but I got over that (oh, it's fine), because my brother gave it to me as a gift! Good brother.

It's a great palette, and I've been using it most every time I apply eyeshadow (say, 3 out of 5 times). Super-portable, and light, and a good mirror.

on 6/8/2011 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Hell no, I would not buy this again. Why you wonder. One word:GLITTER. And it is sad because there are awesome shades in this palette as well (last call oilslick mildew). But the thing is with glitter that even when you are not using the glitter bombs the glitter somehow transfers from the palette to your brush and ends up sitting on your nose or forehead. And it stays there the whole day while you are trying to look like a grown up woman. Yes I've restricted this to nighttime wear only or mardi gras. And why are the shadows so tiny, I expected some bang for buck. Top of my shitlist this one.

on 3/19/2011 7:10:00 AM

I have to admit, I was skeptical when I swapped for this palette. I'm in my 30's and work for a conservative company and thought this shadows would be too glittery for me.
However, once I tried a few of the colors, I was blown away with how beautiful and versatile they are. This turned into a palette I use at least 2 to 3 times a week.
My favorites are Sin, Smog, and Mildew, but I like mixing it up with the other colors. I lucked out when I swapped for this. I'm almost out of Sin now and plan to repurchase the single!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I think this is a must-have for everyone. There are so many options with this palette. Granted, it can be a gateway drug to more UD cosmetics. I really love a lot of the shades that are in this palette, particularly Sin, Smog, Mildew and Shattered.

on 11/13/2010 4:27:00 PM

And thus starts my UD obsession....

I've heard so much about the quality of UD eyeshadows, I'm a huge fan of their 24/7 liners and UDPP but it's so hard to find this brand in NZ and when you do find UD, they are incredibly expensive. Anyway, this is my first UD eyeshadow palette (bought for me from Hawaii from a dear MUA friend, you rock Marcy!) and I'm just absolutely in love with it. The pigmentation is second to none, and the shadows are so soft and buttery and blendable and they last longer than any eyeshadow I've ever tried. The colours are wonderfully wearable and just...just...so so perfect for me, like all my favourite shades in one palette. Wow. If this were a man, I would marry it lol I will be repurchasing if I ever run out, but I doubt thats going to happen in a hurry because its so pigmented. Actually, I will be looking at getting a backup, as well as trying more UD palettes.

HG. Totally and unequivocally my HG.

Oh, and Grifter goes perfectly with M.A.C Orchidazzle for those of you who have it ;)

on 10/4/2010 10:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I recieved this as a gift for my birthday and lovvvvvvve it. The colors are vibrant and bright. A little bit goes a long way and the color stays on forever when matched with the udpp. So happy I received this.

on 3/5/2010 4:27:00 PM

This was the first palette that I bought from UD. I've used their single eyeshadows but really wanted to get a palette because their packaging is always so cute! I love this palette and the colors. Last Call and Oil Stick are my faves!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love the UD palettes and this was my first one. I've had it about a year and other than Polyester Bride, I am crazy about it. There is just too much glitter in that one for me and I'm not a fan of white shadows. My favorites are Smog and Sin but all of the colors are beautiful. Might or might not buy again...not because of the product but because it would take me 100 years to go through all the shadows I have accumulated. I love Urban Decay!