Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Most of the colors I have in another set - Chopper, Sin, smog
Maui wowie is stunning. I'm not into purple, blues or greens they tend to wash me out. I got it for $12 on sale it's great to travel with you could do a lot with it. Natural day looks a funky colorful eye or a dark smokey look.

on 5/6/2015 1:38:00 PM

This palette is now available for $16 on the UD website. I own this one (the very first higher end palette I ever purchased). Love the shadows, though they are a little powdery. Hate the names of the shadows. Nice range of colors.

I LOVE that this one came with primer potion! That is the most important part in all of my looks. The palette is great as well. I love the colors put into this, there is a nice variety and all are going to be used equally by me. Seems like these are a bit sheer compared to the individual ones from UD but idk maybe I'm crazy. I do wish they were a bit bigger though. The little brush it came with is actually quiet nice as well. The packaging is freakin amazing! I love the silver and purple and that skull is to die for! I just wish they would have made a spot for the lil primer in the actual palette, rather than make a cardboard thing that holds the palette next to it. It's still nice but if it were like I suggested then it would be much easier to stuff in my bag. This is a nice small everyday palette and I highly recommend it for people interested in these colors. My was $16 which is pretty cheap coming directly from UrbanDecay.com.

on 8/30/2014 7:05:00 AM

I have had the original Ammo palette for quite some time so it's looking very well used and very well loved as it's in constant rotation having some of my favourite UD shadows.

I love Polyester Bride as an inner corner highlight, but the absolute winner in this palette for me is the beautiful mauve Grifter - I love this shimmery mauve so much I would buy this on it's own or this palette again just for this shade. Shattered is a gorgeous light turquoise and Oil Slick makes a great shimmery black shadow eye liner. For a small palette it's actually quite versatile when paired with something like the Naked Basics. As this contains browns/golds with a matte colour or two you can do a neutral eye as well.

There is a little fallout with this palette but nothing too drastic if you are careful, Maui Wowie and Polyester Bride seem the worst culprits for this but brush away easily enough. The formula of these shadows are smooth and buttery to apply, blending easily and staying true to colour all day with a primer. I know there is a newer version of the Ammo palette with re-formulated shadows in the same colours. However this works fine enough not to warrant an up date yet.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love UD... that is all.

My obsession with UD is far more than just that but, keep it simple :-)

Chopper, Sin, Polyester Bride, Maui Wowie, Oil Slick and Smog are my favorites for everyday use out of this palette. I have never used Shattered as I don't think it compliments me well. It's a very pretty color, though. Grifter and Last Call make an awesome "going out" smoky eye look with Oil Slick! Same with Mildew and Oil Slick with a touch of Maui Wowie and Polyester Bride.

Love. Just love.

on 3/9/2014 2:40:00 PM

Ammo was a palette I wanted the first time it launched, but never got around to buying it. When they re-released it, with the new eyeshadow formula, I was super excited. I finally got a chance to swatch these shades at Ulta recently and bought the last Ammo palette. The reason I settled on Ammo, instead of the more popular Naked palettes, is because I already own so many neutral and rose-gold shadows in brands like Wet 'n Wild and L'Oreal and Coastal Scents that I really like them. When it comes to bold color, however, nobody beats Urban Decay, in my humble opinion. If I want neutrals, I turn to my less expensive shadows. It I want BAM! pops of color, I go with Urban Decay every time.

This palette contains 10 shades - Smog, Mildew, Last Call, Oil Slick, Chopper, Maui Wowie, Shattered, Polyester Bride, Grifter, and Sin. These range from satiny shimmers to glitter bombs. These are all part of UD's permanent eyeshadow line. This review is for the palette with UD's new formula, so I can't compare fallout to older UD.

Some people have stated that this palette isn't practical for every day looks. I have to respectfully disagree. I actually wore Smog, Sin, and Mildew on my lids to church this morning, and I attend a very conservative, traditional church and it looked appropriate. Yes, you could pile on some Oil Slick and Shattered for a wild look, but with a light hand and good brushes you can use these shades to create daytime looks.

The shades come in a sturdy cardboard compact that is a nice size for travel. It has a strong magnetic closure. The outside of the box is a gorgeous silver with a purple embossed decorative skull with tiny little details in the line work. Inside there is a generous size mirror and a small makeup brush with "UD" and a little skull printed at the base of the handle. UD also includes a sample size tube of their original Primer Potion. I am pretty loyal to Milani, but since it was a freebie I have used the PP. It works about the same as the Milani.

This retails for around $34, but it goes on sale quite regularly at Ulta and Sephora. The texture of the shades varies. Mildew, Smog, Sin, Last Call, and Shattered are all buttery soft, apply beautifully, and blend exceptionally well. Oil Slick and Polyester Bride have a rather off-putting feel to them. Almost chalky due to the large amount of glitter. I tried using Polyester Bride on my inner lids and it irritated my eyes something fierce. I'm not sure if that's a shade I'll dip into often, if at all. The other shades in the palette fall somewhere in between the others in terms of how they feel.

All have rich color payoff, which is to be expected from Urban Decay. Oil Slick is a little patchy, but with a good brush and maybe patting it onto the lid, or using it to set a liquid eyeliner, I can see where it would be nice. There is a lot of fallout, granted, it's not as bad as some of the older reviews (pre-formula revamp) reported. I apply my eyeshadow first, then my foundation afterward, so that I can use a makeup remover wipe after shadow application to clean up any fallout. I found that Smog left quiet a bit of shimmer under my eyes and along the bridge of my nose even using a light hand and tapping my brushes before application.

Would I buy this entire palette again? No, but I would invest in full-sized versions of Mildew, Sin, Smog, Shattered, and Grifter.

I bought this on a whim from the Urban Decay website as I saw this was on sale for 15 dollars I said why not! I do like this pallette I love Maui Wowie,smog,sin,and chopper. I use almost all the colors in this palette except mildew and that light blue color. The only thing I don't like is that the glitter fallout is redicuolus it will ruin the rest of your makeup so do your shadow first if your using this pallette!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really love this palette! Almost more than my naked palette because it has more of a variety of shades. My favorites are chopper, last call, and smog. I love al of the other as well though! The only shade I'm not a big fan of is grifter because of all the random glitter in it. But overall, I give this a 9.5 out of 10

Cute packaging, and a ton of really fun shades to work with. Only buy this palette if you like glitter! Every eyeshadow has shimmer or a "sheen" to it. Oil Slick, Mildew, and Chopper are some of my favorite shades. "Last Call" is also beautiful!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

My latest acquired palette and I absolutely adore it!I have the the Ammo 2 palette, which has the newer formula of shadows (it is also much better).

The colours are super pretty and very wearable even for everyday looks. The purple/lilac shades are especially beautiful.

The only negative thing with the shadows is the glitter fallout. I have that problem with all UD shadows though and have changed my makeup routine to make it easier. I apply my shadow before I do the rest of my face. That way, I can wipe off the excess glitter without ruining my face makeup.