Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/20/2015 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this on sale. One thing that bugs me: I have 3 UD palettes: Naked, Shadow Box, and Ammo. All 3 have Smog and Sin. I use Sin on my brow bone, even though I don't really like it, because I have so much of it. I do love Smog. Honestly, the only color I really use in here on a regular basis is Chopper. And I LOVE Chopper. I bought this for $16 so it was cheaper than buying a single thing of Chopper and also gives me some fun options that I do use on occasion. For instance, I have Woodstock... because it is so bright, I usually sweep a little Polyester Bride over Woodstock or any other bright color if I want to use it on my lid instead of my crease. I would buy again. Excellent value.

on 4/25/2015 9:16:00 AM

It is a really great pallette, but i don't think i could ever wear it alone, because it's all shimmery. But i like combining it with other shadows.
My favorites in this palette are
Polyester bride (great, intense highlight!)
Grifter
Sin
Chopper

I don't really use the rest tbh.
The glittery ones like Oil slick and Chopper does have a lot of fallout, but i think a lot of UDs glittery shadows does.

I wouldnt repurchase the whole pallette, but i could find myself getting Polyester bride and sin as singles, when i run out.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This was my first high end eye palette and in the beginning I loved it. However over time I started picking it up less and less. The packaging is nice with the exception of the flimsy cosmetic sponge on a stick it came with. HATED! I love the magnetic closing and how travel friendly it is. The relaunched version you now get a brush and samples of the primer potion. Now they have some amazing colors in this palette such as smog, mildew, last call and chopper but the other shades were wayyyyyy to glittery for me. Of course the colors are pigmented and go on smooth. this is urban decay were talking about...lol. I returned this product solely because it wasn't versatile enough for me. It wasn't that many looks I could do with this palette. Yes it does have a black ( oil slick) but it has glitter in it and I like most people like a matte black to use for a smoky eye. Overall its not a sucky palette, I just wish It has colors that go hand and hand. Therefore you can make multiple looks which means getting the most out of your money!

on 11/20/2013 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this palette except for the color Polyester Bride. It is white with so much glitter it falls all over. I got this for do cheap through Sephora I couldn't resist. That makes it easy to ignore the glitter colors.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I know there is much rave about this pallets. I got it several years ago when it just came out. Tried it a few times, just found it too glittery to blend well. The sparkling powder falls on my lash often, makes my lash look clumsy and messy. Maybe eye shadow primer is a way to get around with the dusty issue, but UDPP gave my eyelids break out after just one try. It could be a good palette, just not for me.

on 5/3/2013 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

As a medium dark African American in her early 50's no less,and luckily I have no wrinkles yet and I love this pallette. Yes, it does have way too much fallout so I just use it with my ELF mascara shield. Because it is so glittery :-) I don't use this on my entire eye. I balance the sparkle with some matte shadow from UD Naked Basics. I got it super cheap on sale for 16.00.

on 5/3/2013 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I was very tempted to give this a lower rating. The colors are very sparky, and there was an insane amount of fall out. Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy helped somewhat.

The colors lasted for a few hours but not as long as my Naked palette. Also, I thought they weren't as smooth and easy to work with.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It is a great palette with a variety of very pigmented eye shadows.
However these colours are shimmery and glittery, which means that those of age won't find it flattering to their eyes.

It can also be quite messy because there is a lot of fallout while applying the eye shadow.

What I don't like about this palette is the applicator. I find it completely useless.

The colours are very nice, and mostly pigmented. This is very high quality eye shadow. The down side is that no matter how careful I am, I always end up with a sparkly face (it shouldn't be this hard to avoid getting eye shadow on your face). I probably wouldn't buy this again, mainly because its very sparkly and not that appropriate for every day wear.

on 8/5/2011 1:12:00 PM

I am a huge UD fan and collect their palettes. I wanted to love this but I don't. First there is the glitter fallout, which is relentless no matter how you handle the shadows. Then there is the fact that no matter how gorgeous the pigment is in the pan, it doesn't translate to your skin. Polyester Bride and Oil slick are useless because of the fallout. Grifter was a huge disappointment and I have green eyes. It's so chalky with huge chunks of glitter. Sin and Smog are awesome but they are both available in the NAKED palette which is by far a better deal. The packaging for the Ammo palette is adorable and the size and magnetic closure are great for travel but the contents and the price are disappointing. There are much better, more versatile kits available especially at this price point.