Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 36-43
Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

3.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/30/2014 7:05:00 AM

I have had the original Ammo palette for quite some time so it's looking very well used and very well loved as it's in constant rotation having some of my favourite UD shadows.

I love Polyester Bride as an inner corner highlight, but the absolute winner in this palette for me is the beautiful mauve Grifter - I love this shimmery mauve so much I would buy this on it's own or this palette again just for this shade. Shattered is a gorgeous light turquoise and Oil Slick makes a great shimmery black shadow eye liner. For a small palette it's actually quite versatile when paired with something like the Naked Basics. As this contains browns/golds with a matte colour or two you can do a neutral eye as well.

There is a little fallout with this palette but nothing too drastic if you are careful, Maui Wowie and Polyester Bride seem the worst culprits for this but brush away easily enough. The formula of these shadows are smooth and buttery to apply, blending easily and staying true to colour all day with a primer. I know there is a newer version of the Ammo palette with re-formulated shadows in the same colours. However this works fine enough not to warrant an up date yet.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I know there is much rave about this pallets. I got it several years ago when it just came out. Tried it a few times, just found it too glittery to blend well. The sparkling powder falls on my lash often, makes my lash look clumsy and messy. Maybe eye shadow primer is a way to get around with the dusty issue, but UDPP gave my eyelids break out after just one try. It could be a good palette, just not for me.

on 8/13/2012 1:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my first UD palette. I chose this one because of the large variety of colors, both neutral and bright. While the colors are gorgeous.. I can't use it due to the immense fallout and glitter bombs in most of the colors. Not only does it wind up all over my face, not only during application but throughout the day, but it drive my eyes crazy, even after I remove it.. the rest of the night and into the next day I feel like someone put salt in my eyes. I tried it for an entire week, thinking I would get used to it, but no luck. It's a terrible shame because it was so expensive, and I really looked forward to the purchase thinking I was getting the best. Now I'm stuck with $40 worth of shadow I cannot wear.... fair warning to anyone else considering a purchase.

on 12/3/2011 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Love, love, love this palette. I've had it for ages now (I don't wear makeup every day) and often if I'm going away for the weekend I'll just throw this in my makeup bag and that'll be it for eyeshadow. All the colors are gorgeous, some of them do have some glitter fallout, but that is fairly simple to manage.

I'm surprised at seeing people say this is only appropriate for young people or night time, I am 37 and have worn these shadows in daytime and to work often. I use Polyester Bride and Shattered the least, but have used them. A current fave look is Mildew on the lid with Smog in the crease; and Chopper is one of my favorite shadows. These are all on the shimmery side, but can be used intensely or more sparingly for a less intense look.

I have enough shadows that I doubt I'll ever use this palette up, but I definitely would consider buying it again... unless I'd managed to dupe most of the shadows in other palettes by then. I've already got two of Sin and Oil Slick!

I had this palette and loved it, today I went to target though and found a super duoe for this palette by Elf. Please see my review and pictures here:

E.L.F. Beautybook Eye Brights Edition Palette Palettes

I am adding a picture of both the Elf palette and the Urban Decay palette side by side above. The Elf palette even compared in quality...wow!

I bought this palette last year when I first started experimenting more with color. While overall I was happy with the fun colors and color payoff, this palette is way way WAY too sparkly for my liking and I don't really use it anymore. If you like a lot of sparkle, this is for you.

on 4/15/2009 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This was my first UD palette and I love it. I am 35+, cool toned and fair, and I find most of the colors to be wearable on a daily basis. They are shimmery and there is a little glitter fallout from some, but it's not a big deal. I also find the palette to be very versatile, if I feel like doing a dramatic smoked eye oil slick w/ polyester bride highlight is great, but I can also wear sin, maui wowie, chopper, grifter, last call, smog, all to work. They are also set up in pairs, of course, but I also like to mix n match.

The packaging feels a little cheap, but the sponge applicator is all right and may even be better than a brush for avoiding fallout. I got this at Ulta with a full size UDPP for $39, which is a really good deal if you cannot get a sale/discount price somewhere.