Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 30-35
Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/6/2013 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this set on a whim- and I really wish I hadn't. There is so much shimmer and glitter fallout, I look like I'm going to a rave. Which would've been cool in 1999, when I was 21, but I'm getting a bit too old for that look now. The color selection is pretty, but most of the colors don't work well together, so it's more of a random collection than a pallette, in my opinion. The pigmentation is pretty good, but the colors do seem to fade over the course of the day on me. (Other than the glitter, which never dies.) The packaging that it comes in is quite cool looking and unique, but I'm not wearing the packaging, so that's not really much to recommend it for. I don't get much use out of this product, unfortunately.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Ammo. Great palette. I didn't originally buy it when I saw it (I'd been looking for the Wallpaper palette and this was what was available) because I didn't like that it had a gun on it...but I got over that (oh, it's fine), because my brother gave it to me as a gift! Good brother.

It's a great palette, and I've been using it most every time I apply eyeshadow (say, 3 out of 5 times). Super-portable, and light, and a good mirror.

on 3/19/2011 7:10:00 AM

I have to admit, I was skeptical when I swapped for this palette. I'm in my 30's and work for a conservative company and thought this shadows would be too glittery for me.
However, once I tried a few of the colors, I was blown away with how beautiful and versatile they are. This turned into a palette I use at least 2 to 3 times a week.
My favorites are Sin, Smog, and Mildew, but I like mixing it up with the other colors. I lucked out when I swapped for this. I'm almost out of Sin now and plan to repurchase the single!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love the colors in this palette. LOVE them all. As others have written, though, the glitter fallout is an issue. As a 30 year old, I don't want my face to be covered in glitter. Because of this I wouldn't repurchase, but don't regret that I bought this set. It's portable and perfect to take on trips because of the fun color selection.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I think this is a must-have for everyone. There are so many options with this palette. Granted, it can be a gateway drug to more UD cosmetics. I really love a lot of the shades that are in this palette, particularly Sin, Smog, Mildew and Shattered.

on 3/5/2010 4:27:00 PM

This was the first palette that I bought from UD. I've used their single eyeshadows but really wanted to get a palette because their packaging is always so cute! I love this palette and the colors. Last Call and Oil Stick are my faves!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love the UD palettes and this was my first one. I've had it about a year and other than Polyester Bride, I am crazy about it. There is just too much glitter in that one for me and I'm not a fan of white shadows. My favorites are Smog and Sin but all of the colors are beautiful. Might or might not buy again...not because of the product but because it would take me 100 years to go through all the shadows I have accumulated. I love Urban Decay!

Bought this so I could try out UD's shadows and I have to say that I'm very impressed! Very pigmented and stay on nicely, especially with UDPP. My main gripe is the awful glitter in some of the eye shadows - it ends up everywhere on my face... Don't get me wrong, I love glitter but this glitter is way too chunky and nonadherent to the skin to be wearable. Grifter is a very nice colour, but because of the glitter I never wear it. I stick to the shimmer eye shadows instead. All in all a very good buy if you want to try UD, or as a present, but I wouldn't purchase again due to the amount of glitter eyeshadows I won't use.

I'm not sure what I've gotten myself into - but suddenly I'm DYING to buy the rest of the UD palettes! I just bought this yesterday, and I am really loving the quality of the eyeshadows. I'm super-afraid of color, but did a respectable green smokey eye with Mildew, Maui Wowie, Oil Slick, and Polyester Bride last night. It's really easy to blend, goes on wonderfully smooth, and isn't so horrifying pigmented that I can't manage it. It's staying power is pretty awesome, too. I fell asleep with it on last night, and this morning it was still there!

I also did a wash of Sin with a tiny bit of Last Call and it looks great.

I'm taking off a lippie because of the glitter. It just falls all over my cheeks, and I don't really like that. There's a LOT of glitter in this palette!

I have been a huge Urban Decay fan for about 7 years now, and this isn't the first palette I've purchased. That being said, I do think this is perfect for someone who is new to UD and isn't sure what shades they'd like to try. The size of each of these e/s is smaller than a single would be, but they're also more than $10 cheaper apiece, if you figure them out to be $3.40 per shadow. As someone stated below, they come arranged to give you ideas on duos (top to bottom) but I've come up with some funky combos (all gorgeous) by just playing around with it (Think Sin as a wash, with Smog all over lid to crease & brown eyeliner--or...Sin as a Wash, with Chopper all over lid to crease, and lined with Shattered *WET*) And many others!! The Palette box itself is gorgeous: Black with purple velvet flocking, and magnetized closure. The brushes that come with it aren't the greatest, but they work well for travel purposes. Some of the shadows have glitter, but not all. Most in this palette are actually shimmer, not glitter. And they go on very soft & smooth, and are very blendable! This is a great addition to any Urban Decay Collection, or a great starter piece for someone wanting to try some great eye shadows.