Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Most of the colors I have in another set - Chopper, Sin, smog
Maui wowie is stunning. I'm not into purple, blues or greens they tend to wash me out. I got it for $12 on sale it's great to travel with you could do a lot with it. Natural day looks a funky colorful eye or a dark smokey look.

on 5/6/2015 1:38:00 PM

This palette is now available for $16 on the UD website. I own this one (the very first higher end palette I ever purchased). Love the shadows, though they are a little powdery. Hate the names of the shadows. Nice range of colors.

I LOVE that this one came with primer potion! That is the most important part in all of my looks. The palette is great as well. I love the colors put into this, there is a nice variety and all are going to be used equally by me. Seems like these are a bit sheer compared to the individual ones from UD but idk maybe I'm crazy. I do wish they were a bit bigger though. The little brush it came with is actually quiet nice as well. The packaging is freakin amazing! I love the silver and purple and that skull is to die for! I just wish they would have made a spot for the lil primer in the actual palette, rather than make a cardboard thing that holds the palette next to it. It's still nice but if it were like I suggested then it would be much easier to stuff in my bag. This is a nice small everyday palette and I highly recommend it for people interested in these colors. My was $16 which is pretty cheap coming directly from UrbanDecay.com.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is definitely not my favorite and to be honest has turned me off to UD eyeshadow completely. There are huge (HUGE!!!!) glitter chunks in this mofo. While the colors are pretty and semi-unique, I really don't need glitter the size of damn sequins rolling down my cheeks, thankyouverymuch.

on 8/30/2014 7:05:00 AM

I have had the original Ammo palette for quite some time so it's looking very well used and very well loved as it's in constant rotation having some of my favourite UD shadows.

I love Polyester Bride as an inner corner highlight, but the absolute winner in this palette for me is the beautiful mauve Grifter - I love this shimmery mauve so much I would buy this on it's own or this palette again just for this shade. Shattered is a gorgeous light turquoise and Oil Slick makes a great shimmery black shadow eye liner. For a small palette it's actually quite versatile when paired with something like the Naked Basics. As this contains browns/golds with a matte colour or two you can do a neutral eye as well.

There is a little fallout with this palette but nothing too drastic if you are careful, Maui Wowie and Polyester Bride seem the worst culprits for this but brush away easily enough. The formula of these shadows are smooth and buttery to apply, blending easily and staying true to colour all day with a primer. I know there is a newer version of the Ammo palette with re-formulated shadows in the same colours. However this works fine enough not to warrant an up date yet.

This palette... if you enjoy glitter and bright colors, you'll like this. It was my first palette with non-nude colors and I occasionally use it for a pop of glittery color.
However, this palette is not one I use every day.
I enjoy all the colors except Polyester Bride - the glittery white. The white doesn't come off white enough, if that makes sense. However, the glitter is heavy.
Fall out is incredible. This is not an easy-to-work-with palette.
I use it from time to time, but prefer the UD Electric palette for color.
Won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I found this palette for ten dollars at Sephora.com-- the low price was my primary reason for buying it, along with the green and gold shades of shadow.

All the colors looked great when I swatched them in store, but in practice, I find they are very difficult to use in day to day life-- and that is coming from someone that wears some outlandish eye make up, from glitter to neon!

Smog is a coppery shimmery color I'm still experimenting with the best way to use-- it's very bright, it just seems wrong to just use it as a base color for something else.

Mildew is far and away my favorite-- I love the green, I love the way it looks with my other green and gold shadows, and I love the way it looks patted over black eyeliner for a splash of color.

Oil Slick I haven't done much with-- I tend to apply my blacks wet as a liner or smudge them out for a softer line-- this one had a ton of fall out and didn't blend out well, which was disappointing.

Last call is this great plummy red purple-- it looks great on but is somewhat difficult to pair with other colors and I find it too intense to be an all over lid shade.

Chopper is a lot like Smog-- I haven't quite made up my mind what to do with it, mostly because I veer away from most neutral/brown/copper shades.

Maui Wowie is a lot of fun, but the fall out and lack of color pay off kills me. I expect some fall out with glitter, but I'll still be wiping it off after my shower, some nights.

Shattered is my second favorite-- a big surprise! I don't usually wear blue, but this one just has enough green to look flattering against my skin and I love it as an accent color above the outside third of my eyes. Beautiful.

Polyester Bride I use as a highlight on occasion, but nothing more. It's a nice white shadow with good color payoff, but that's all I can really say about it. Nothing exciting or unavailable elsewhere.

Grifter I like to pair with shattered for a sort of "cotton candy" colored dual toned eye-- but oh the fall out! There's just so much of it, seemingly no matter what I do. The color is great, the failure to keep glitter off my cheeks is not.

Sin is a color that I like to glide on to darken up some of my golds in the crease, but I don't tend to use it a great deal on its own. I'm still experimenting with this one as well.

Overall it was a great purchase for ten bucks, but there was also a reason I didn't pick it up until it was that price-- it is difficult to wear in the real world. Definitely not for those that work in an office or a more conservative workplace! Watch out for fall out, but there are some great gems in here if you don't want to purchase the shadow shades included at full size/price.

Bottom line: Watch for fallout, and if you can snag it on sale, you may find some unexpected favorites!

on 9/27/2013 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I honestly can't decide if I like this or not. One thing you should be advised about is that this has glitter. Not shimmer, not a metallic finish, glitter; and chunks of it. I'm only 21, but I'm not a fan at all of glitter, my favorite is matte. Most of the shadows have glitter, others are more of a metallic finish. Overall, these are highly pigmented as Urban Decay is known for. I've never had anything from them and was pleasantly surprised at the quality. The color itself has no fallout, but the glitter does, I got it on top of my cheeks and all around my eyes somehow. I also was sad about Underground (?), the black shade was great in pigmentation, but didn't seem bendable which is not only a must with eyeshadow, but definitely fit a smokey eye such is what mostly black is used for. It seemed like wherever I put it, it stayed there, that's it. I didn't like Polyester Bride being a white with shimmer, not my ideal on the browbone bringing me to the point that I don't understand why they're really isn't any highlight shades. I do however love Sin and Maui Wowie. I've been going back and forth about keeping this or returning it, but I got it on sale for $12, so I may just keep it, but personally, I would never pay full price ($38USD), but anyone who likes glitter, I think it would be worth it for them. Overall, I think for most that this is a pallet for accentuating. To maybe use a specific unique color in their look, but I don't think this is one to create while looks with really too much. It's a good pallet, it's just very specific and I'm not liking the glitter.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I know there is much rave about this pallets. I got it several years ago when it just came out. Tried it a few times, just found it too glittery to blend well. The sparkling powder falls on my lash often, makes my lash look clumsy and messy. Maybe eye shadow primer is a way to get around with the dusty issue, but UDPP gave my eyelids break out after just one try. It could be a good palette, just not for me.

Cute packaging, and a ton of really fun shades to work with. Only buy this palette if you like glitter! Every eyeshadow has shimmer or a "sheen" to it. Oil Slick, Mildew, and Chopper are some of my favorite shades. "Last Call" is also beautiful!